So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 525

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

A friend had a Harley and started getting trouble with his hands, thought it was the cold and got heated grips and muffs, that only worked partially, then his girlfriend bought him some special 'Harley' gloves with gel in the palms to cut vibration, that worked to a degree, but he got cold hands because they insulated him from the grips as well as the vibration. I have ridden a Suzuki or Honda 650 for hours without vibration worries, and 600cc is plenty on our crowded little island. All image and little practicality is my assessment. Personally I think the Gold wing is a great image bike, and guess what? If you are of a mind to you can ride it like stink too, they don't look like it, and they are not often ridden like it, but they will really go round corners if you have a mind to.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Full-dress Hogs, Gold Wings, Victories etc... I call them Barcaloungers On Wheels. Vibra-heated-surround-overengineered bloatware bikes. Two wheeled car. But that's my take.
    Work was rough. I'm tired. Good thing I didn't ride today, I'd probably have fallen over. But, on one of those big bikes, the airbag would have saved me.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

In your garden. Prefer lantana but star flowers and sea holly will do.
    Blog Entries
    I had an amazing day!

First, had a real nice time with an old friend. Gave her a couple of pages from one of my stories to read and a copy of my submission to the WF's Jan LM contest. She was really excited about it!

Met my next "true love," who I'll call "Zazzy" for the WF. The big bloke stands 16.3 hands and acts like he thinks he's a small sports car! (Maybe I shoulda posted this on the drivers' thread? ) (~And for all you city folk, I'm talking about a horse!~)

There's, like, a bunch more really amazingly awesome things that happened today, too, but these two got top billing! Hope you all had an amazing day, too!
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

Meg, 'Zazzy' doesn't have a horn in the middle of his forehead does he?

( You just described a 'character' in my WIP named 'Fireball', more or less, that does a pretty good impersonation of a dragster. )

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guard Dog View Post
    Meg, 'Zazzy' doesn't have a horn in the middle of his forehead does he?
    ( You just described a 'character' in my WIP named 'Fireball', more or less, that does a pretty good impersonation of a dragster. )
    G.D.
    Hah! (LOL!) I'm telling you, we have some pretty freaky things in common! (For you, I'll stick a horn on him if I ever write Mr. Z into a story, but for now, sadly, no horn.)

Let's just say the word 'intimidating' did cross my mind briefly when I was standing there nearly on tiptoe with my hands on his nose and him looking down at me as if to say, "well, there's not much there to you kid, is there?" Trust me, one aged gelding with personality is not going to bluff me over!

Actually, comparing him to a dragster is not a bad analogy. I hear he likes to charge fences and come to a sudden stop just shy of touching them. But now he's got a new job, and mine is to add 'kid friendly' to his resume. (At least, until I find real work for pay, not fun & exercise.) I've trained horses to perform but this one's getting a new pair of brakes!
    ~ John A. Shedd

Meg, at that size, they don't have'ta bluff and they know it.

Edit: A saddle with a seatbelt sounds like more of a necessity than anything else, since his brakes sound like they're just fine. Too good, maybe...

G.D.
    Last edited by Guard Dog; January 16th, 2019 at 07:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hehehe...I was thinking more like a helicopter! And yah, there is a lot of bluff to them. He just wants to know what the rules are and where he belongs in his new herd. I'm just going to help him sort this out a little. It's just, he has the mind of an Arabian in the body of Goliath! Egads!

I appreciate the concern. It may help to know that I am not riding monster horse! I hear he rides just fine. I just don't think he's been handled by a lot of people outside of the show ring. Once he unwinds in his new home, I think he'll have a nice retirement with my friend. It just takes patience and time, and before you know it, we'll have him retrained into a right-smart lesson horse. (I used to teach & ride dressage, which she's been doing professionally for around 30 years now? She is a genuine "horse whisperer," although she'd be too modest at being called that. So yes, it has become a backyard hobby for me, but one with schooling, practical experience, and a good deal of well-earned caution behind it.)

What an awesome day...to be asked to work my friends' horse!
    Last edited by Megan Pearson; January 16th, 2019 at 09:27 AM.
    ~ John A. Shedd

Meg... did you know I used to work with Tennessee Walking Horses?

The fellow that owned the farm I worked on when I was young decided somewhere in there that they were more profitable than cattle, and started boarding them at first, then decided to own a couple...

So yeah, I've spent time actually shovelin'... well, you know... someplace other than around here.

G.D.

My day was semi-productive but also stressful I just wish I could find another job lol

Went to an appointment with my husband. Got basically locked outside for awhile, because there was a nasty cloud of perfume by the door on the inside, source unknown. I'm allergic. Eventually I ran through the office to the room the meeting was held.

Went to see the RBG movie. She's a total badass. The pacing was a bit odd here and there, but I suspect it is because pacing is hard to diagram when you're building off of a biography. I read an autobiography by someone I knew vaguely with a similar structure issue. There were some dropped promises. Still, very interesting and the only issue was with my husband being worried when something would make me want to throttle various characters.

First, got asked a question on a thread, and the answer apparently made things go nuclear in ways I'm very used to. Did not actually get to see much of the hateful carnage that I presume happened, because I was watching the movie. Looking at the mod note is still a bit like horror flash fiction that I keep looking at for reasons unclear. Here lies a sealed evil in a can. An epic battle was fought here.

Coming down with something sinus, bleah. I'm doped on cold medicine waiting for my nose to clear enough to sleep.

Have an idea for a book to put on the queue, a science fiction romance. Took some notes to chew for later, when my WIP hits cool down. Having trouble with the WIP, because there's bit of an unresolvable character arc that I will have to patch, and I need a stronger centrifugal plot.