So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 524

Page 524 of 525 FirstFirst ... 24324424474514516517518519520521522523524525 LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 5248
    Blog Entries
    Sad weekend. Complicated life. Cat ill. Landlord...difficult. Work? In want of. Thesis? tabled 'till tomorrow. Stories? stalled. Zeiths? Dang. Need a cleaver.
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

Blog Entries
    Actually, I made a really awesome discovery. Sometime either on Friday or Saturday I received a product registration error message upon opening (my writing software--I have no idea if I can post what I use, so I won't). Woah! How did my product become unregistered! I searched everywhere, between the cushions on the couch, in the attic, under the cat. I sent off my email for help...and received back an out-of-office memo in reply. Yikes! Stop my quickly beating heart, I had a lot of content I had to figure out how to rescue. And then came this afternoon, whilst wasting away a spare hour organizing my ancient files, I accidentally ran into a file I had labeled by the manufacturer's name. How odd. I opened the dusty file...and there was my original sales receipt and registration! Talk about being on top of the world--my writing, saved! Yeah!

i had a really wonderful day

i started working on a webcomic, got to cook dinner with my partner after they got home from work and i was able to sleep in this morning. i'm pretty happy

Quote Originally Posted by portaltotheunderworld View Post
    i had a really wonderful day

i started working on a webcomic, got to cook dinner with my partner after they got home from work and i was able to sleep in this morning. i'm pretty happy
    And, even better, made your first post on wf. welcome to the forum, portaltotheunderworld, but you might just become 'portal' to save my typing finger, I only have one.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I was at the local convenience store, and a (apparently) mentally ill lady hit me up for some money for food. I was wearing my motorcycle gear, so I was struggling to get into my pockets.
    Before I could fish-out any change, the proprietor just gave her a couple of taquitos.
    "She's crazy," he said after the lady left. I think he's seen her around before.
    You know what ain't crazy? Hooking-up somebody who needed a hand. It wasn't much, but he did something.
    Another small win. When the time comes, just give out the taquitos.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Going to a wedding on the 12 this month, from the brother of the wife of my brother. (brother in law)

Tomorrow going to a museum.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    I just crossed the 300k mark on this thing I'm writing, so although the end isn't exactly near, it's a helluva lot closer when I started it, back at the end of August. ( I hope. )

I've also had a few individuals agree to look over large chunks of it, so hopefully I should have plenty of feedback when I finally reach the end, and have to start swingin' the 'Edit Hammer' in earnest.

...I think if I'd have had any idea it was gonna be this large, I might never have started writing it down.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

My son just got back from the store. He parked his 50cc motorized bike next to some guy's Harley.
    The guy actually asked my son, "How fast does it go?".
    Obviously fast enough for both of them to get to the grocery store. Only my son did it for $20,000 less.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

When I lived in London I rode mopeds. One of the first was a Solex, a two stroke engine on the front that lowered onto the front wheel to drive it by friction, then I had a PC 50 honda, orange with pedals. In town, in stop start traffic, it is not top speed that counts, but manoeuvrability and acceleration, a moped is short and you can turn the front wheel ninety degrees, and acceleration depends on power to weight ratio, not power per

But I digress, a pleasant day doing various jobs in the garden and popping in and writing a bit up on a short story idea every so often.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    The guy actually asked my son, "How fast does it go?".
    I'd probably have said something like "Fast enough ta get ya killed, and without goin' broke payin' for it or fixin' it first".

...but then I'm an ass, and one that doesn't care for Harleys, or the attitudes of many of their owners.
    ( A relative bought a new, full-dress one a few years ago, had nothing but trouble with it, then ended up spending many thousands rebuilding the engine when the whole top end locked up, before he even paid it off. )
    ( I've lost count of how many 'Rice Burners' I've rode for years without them ever needing anything but basic maintenance. )

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."