Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

When the tickets on your phone are worth way more than the phone:
    http://www.regnodisney.it/wp-content...ing-poster.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the-lion-king-poster.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	23122
    It lived up to the hype. It was a Christmas gift to my wife, so I splurged and got some good seats up front.
    I wanted to take her to a nice restaurant afterward, but she wanted Ivar's Fish and Chips. Quiet, romantic ride back on the ferry (with only 300 other folks).
    That's how we "roll".

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Went for a walk around the RHS gardens at Wisley earlier this evening. they have them lit up, some of the big trees looked amazing with big spotlights under them, and there were lots of other lights as well, including in the greenhouses. Very beautiful.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Earlier today I had to interrupt a post that I was writing, so I saved it as a draft. Now that I look at it again I have a problem. The drafts don't state what thread they are saved from and I have no idea what thread I was responding to at the time. It just proves that my posts seldom bear any relationship to the subject of a thread. Oh well, no doubt I'll find somewhere to post it eventually. Probably nobody will even notice.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The drafts don't state what thread they are saved from and I have no idea what thread I was responding to at the time. It just proves that my posts seldom bear any relationship to the subject of a thread.
    Or possibly that the thread can wander far from the OP and you are responding to already wandering posts.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Woo! Fantasy outline done! 2019 will be the year I start working on the first draft of ‘The Alkorian Legends: The Fallen God’.

Finally got our new laser all-in-one machine configured. It turns out they come from the factory preset with security protocols, and it's up to the end-user to disable them.
    Yeah, it's large, but not as pricey as you think. Gonna be a lot less per page, and no more dried-out ink tanks.
    And, the thermal paste for my son's new CPU came in. Got to school da boi on how to upgrayedd. Memory? That was for chumps. We rollin' hard now.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Finally got our new laser all-in-one machine configured. It turns out they come from the factory preset with security protocols, and it's up to the end-user to disable them.
    Yeah, it's large, but not as pricey as you think. Gonna be a lot less per page, and no more dried-out ink tanks.
    And, the thermal paste for my son's new CPU came in. Got to school da boi on how to upgrayedd. Memory? That was for chumps. We rollin' hard now.
    You know you are getting old when you have to Google half the terms in a post like this; mind, I was 14 when the first commercial copier hit the street, and forty before they had it doing colour. Still, having looked it up I am a bit older and wiser now
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    ... I am a bit older and wiser now
    The former is by default. The latter is by the grace of God.
    Happy 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    The former is by default. The latter is by the grace of God.
    Happy 2019.
    No, the latter by the grace of Google

Hope 2019 works out good for you too.
    Hidden Content

Got a new pair of glasses...Merry Christmas to me (for the next six years...;( ) The world had been comfortably blurry now it is almost stimuli overload. (Major increase in my perscription strength.)
    Last edited by Darkkin; January 2nd, 2019 at 03:22 AM.