So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 521

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Guard Dog View Post
    Ya only need 9 now, ya unfunny limey...

Just teasing. Ya didn't really expect to get 'em for free, did ya? G.D.
    Of course not, but I didn't believe that Americans even had a sense of humour until you people elected your latest president. We tried to match up to you by making Boris Johnson our foreign secretary, but it didn't last. So, respect.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Of course not, but I didn't believe that Americans even had a sense of humour until you people elected your latest president. We tried to match up to you by making Boris Johnson our foreign secretary, but it didn't last. So, respect.
    Alright now... Don't go blamin' him on me, or I'll take that "lol" back.

Thought to be honest, I think most people here just panicked at the thoughts of what Hillery as president would mean, and poked any button other than that one.

But seriously... how could you think we have no sense of humor when half our population is comprised of mindless clowns, and our entire governing body is one big joke?
    ( And a bad one at that. )

I really did think you were smarter than that... :disappointment:

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

It took me about ten years to reach a thousand loll's.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    It took me about ten years to reach a thousand loll's.
    Only took me one wife and about a month...

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Today I received an award ... from the RSPB Community website for some photos that I posted there over six years ago. Apparently they have been downloaded more than fifty times! In fact I checked and they have been downloaded over a hundred times. This "Popular File" award must be a new thing there as those downloads all probably occurred years ago. Evidently some people are much easier to impress than others...

or they are more desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Guard Dog View Post
    Only took me one wife and about a month...
    I got a lot of laughs from my angel even before she became a member of WF. I gave her a sex scene that I wrote to go in my novel to read. Okay, but it was meant to be fiction!
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Well, my latest batch of mead is just starting fermentation. Used wine yeast instead of champagne yeast this time.
    At least the cats aren't freaked-out by the bubbles any more.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Happy Christmas everyone !

Had a nasty thirty six hours up to last night in bed wit a horrid headache, began to feel reasonable last night and woke this morning feeling fine, ready for Christmas.

Opened presents and off to our daughter's in a bit so won't see you 'til late, have a lovely day

PS Two books in the presents, 'Viriconium' by M. John Harrison, and 'Good Omens' by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, anyone else get any books?

PPS Also got an Oxfam 'Education for girls.' . One of my favourites, both our girls got a decent education and it always makes me a bit emotional to feel we are spreading that about a bit
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Home alone here, the best fogie Christmas day ever. What's to be good or bad about it? Okay, it's the 25th, I get that. But I work hard and am glad of the rest. It IS funny though how I get to thinking about stuff that I've putting off at this time of year, Like a new front door, LIKE new taps for the hand-basin, LIKE planning for a replacement boiler, but all of these things involve people. Vultures and Hyenas all of them but I really must bite the bullet this year. We shall see.

Anyway,
    back to my perfect Christmas day:

I don't have any family to speak of says he who has four siblings and a mother still living. But no seriously, we all have our own lives. Although we're not a million miles apart and nobody wishes any other harm [at least I think not] we're all just getting on with our own shit, as my kid brother quaintly puts it.

So anyway, "how'd your, or rather my day, go?

Our larder isn't big but at this time of year I'm rooting through tinned foods, bought through out the year and never eaten, I hate throwing food away, to be got out and cooked/re-heated and consumed with oven chips from the freezer. Today, I am eating meatballs. They're crap to be honest but with a few chips I shall put them away. I have a book at hand, a stash of cheap Cider, lemonade, and a week to kill. Sounds good to me.

Have a good one y'all,

dither...
    Last edited by dither; December 25th, 2018 at 05:43 PM.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

My daughter's boyfriend was up past midnight installing a stereo in her car. He didn't secure one of the wires in the door properly, and the window knocked it loose. He's back out today, fixing it.
    Show me a tenacious man that is slow to anger. There's my Christmas gift.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

I think I'll use what I can of tomorrow and hopefully sign on for a grammar checker again. That's my worst fear. The fact that I may write with mistakes. I never knew Language Tool existed, so going to give that a try. I am still rewriting a short story but using my intuition to brainstorm what happens in the story. That story then if written with correct English will resubmit. I am writing a new plot, even though I made it through the 3rd round to escape pod, but lost ultimately. I did well to buy fewer books on how to write, I think I have enough inspiration to rewrite and do a developmental edit of my own work. After all, I bought a kindle fire and some video games.

This is a European company. I never heard of them before until now. In case anyone needs an alternative to grammarly they have a monthly offer.

https://languagetool.org/#Price
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; December 28th, 2018 at 01:51 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)