So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 518

Page 518 of 520 FirstFirst ... 18318418468508510511512513514515516517518519520 LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 5193
    In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    Another chapter done, one more footprint behind me, and another foot in front of me.

I'll find the end of this thing yet.

G.D.
    The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.
    - Robert Frost -

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."

Don't worry, I'm still alive. Just super busy at job lately.

Well folk, it's official. I just crossed the 200K words mark on this story.

And it's only been since August that I put the first word down.

Kind'a worries me what I'll likely be sittin' here editing, this time next year.

...and the next. And the one after that. And... ah hell, you get the idea. Somewhere in here I'm gonna go from a writer to a full-time editor.

G.D.
    - Robert Frost -

Part of the reason I have a read through and edit of the last bit before I start writing again, I don't think it is any quicker, but there is some variety
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Part of the reason I have a read through and edit of the last bit before I start writing again, I don't think it is any quicker, but there is some variety
    Oh, I always read through the last chapter, and I go back up and read the first one again,( progressing downward ) and bounce back and forth through the whole thing.

I've even taken a couple of times where I read through everything done to that point and worked on that before continuing.

But I still know that no matter how many 'spot edits' I do, there's gonna be a number of 'full-body' edits that have to be done eventually. And the more I write, the bigger that chore becomes.

Edit: Spent most of today so far - 12/5/18 - doing edits and some minor re-writes, so as to try and keep some minor control over this beast.

G.D.
    Last edited by Guard Dog; December 6th, 2018 at 02:11 AM.
    - Robert Frost -

As of New Years, I no longer have a day job. My exit interview is January 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dluuni View Post
    As of New Years, I no longer have a day job. My exit interview is January 2.
    That does not sound great. Hope you find something, or start selling your writing.

I had an eye clinic on Monday, left me with a sinus on Tuesday, all those eye drops and bright lights, and I have to attend Wegener's clinic on Friday, so I am trying to pack a weeks worth into wed-thurs, bit busy.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

My day won't go anywhere if I don't stop posting and get out of bed.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Went down to my local independent bookstore to network.
    Apparently, they can only think of one main reason they would want to let me know when the writing group that meets there infrequently and unpredictably is there: If I show them my fiction, it would likely end in the police being called, and thereby give them an excuse to ban them.
    "We know them because of all the Confederate flags and MAGA hats. We try to stay out of their way. You said you wrote romance with transgender protagonists? Yyy-eah. We'll let you know if they show up again and start annoying us. It would be interesting to watch. Let me know when you get something listed, I want to read it."
    Last edited by Dluuni; December 8th, 2018 at 05:39 AM.

Dluuni, are you sure antagonizing a group of homophobic rednecks with the intention of stirring up trouble is a wise thing to be doing?

I mean, you already know they don't have good sense, so why poke the bear?

...just sayin'

G.D.
    - Robert Frost -