So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 517

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Yes. And today, I booted it up, it did various spinny updatey things, and worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dluuni View Post
    Yes. And today, I booted it up, it did various spinny updatey things, and worked fine.
    You lucked out!

I think Microsoft got a bad update in there, and it was just more than my poor ol' machine could take.

This new one has had a few its self now, but so far - knocks on wood, crosses finger, legs and anything that'll cross - all's well.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Went down to Hastings, walked round a corner onto the sea front, met the wind head on, stopped. Thought about film I had seen of people being blown over, I wasn't, quite.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Sitting here listening to Shinedown play 'Sittin' on the dock of the bay' and waiting for the temp to climb its miserable ass up high enough that my ass won't be miserable and can actually focus on writing again.

...and it'll also be nice to not be such a pain-induced irritable bastard again.

G.D.

I received an email from an admirer, someone who had read about my vintage computer reconstruction project elsewhere. In response I took a look at his own website and discovered that he had an interest in linguistics in the context of computers understanding human language. I suggested that he take a look at WF to see just how difficult even humans can apparently find the task of using language to convey precise information. Who is this bloke Chomsky that he was going on about on his website anyway? It's all way over my head.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Y'know, it's tough to write when it sounds like ya have a Naval Battle goin' on outside your door...

We're having thunderstorms here today, and they're some noisy bastards.

*sigh* Ah well... At least it won't matter if the power goes out. Not as long as the laptop's batteries hold out, anyway.
    ( I can also get internet access from/through my phone and tablet, so that's not even a problem. )

G.D.

*sigh* Ah well... At least it won't matter if the power goes out. Not as long as the laptop's batteries hold out, anyway.
    ( I can also get internet access from/through my phone and tablet, so that's not even a problem. )
    Depends what you see as a problem, sometimes the absence of internet is conducive to writing, no prob.

There is a small childish streak; as I open this thread with your name on it, I wonder 'Will he have said "Pretty average, guarding …" ?'
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

In my case, the internet is a necessity to writing, since I spend a large amount of time researching things, and refer back frequently to various bookmarks.

As for guarding... about the only thing I keep watch over anymore is my own sanity.

...and there's really not enough of that left to worry about.

G.D.

P.S. I'm currently at a little over 182,000 words on the WIP, so I don't think having internet access is slowin' me up much.
    ...editing all of that is another matter.
    Last edited by Guard Dog; December 1st, 2018 at 10:46 PM.

The earthquake threw off a lot of routines, this weekend. I spent a few hours making sure everyone else was okay out of my house and trying to piece together Rashomon-esque reports of road conditions, then hung out at home alternately fighting with an outline and putzing on a MUSH.

Trusting in my lover
    My child now pulls away
    Eye half closed and covered
    My heart wills him to stay