So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 516

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Make sure to bring your turkey up to room temperature before baking (or in our case frying). Defrosting is not enough.
    I lowered our turkey into the hot oil, and noticed the oil stopped boiling for a few minutes. Then it started back up. Our turkey was so cold it lowered the temp of the oil. Probably added about 10-15 to our frying time.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Spent the last week doing more writing that editing for a change.

I'm now 2/3 of the way through Chapter 27, and the word count stands at 161,001 words.

Don't ask where I am in the story. You really don't wanna know. ( Just now getting around to finding the Elves... Still haven't gotten the crew off-planet. That means a long way to go. )

It's one helluva ride. And gonna take some creative editing to break it all up into separate books/volumes.

...and editing is pretty much a near-constant job. I've been through the whole thing 2 or 3 times now already, and know I'll never be completely happy with things. So... Back and forth I go.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Spent yesterday watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in Seattle. Our boy was marching with his Baritone horn.
    Got some piroshkies afterward from Pike's market. Swung by Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and picked up some chachkies, including Mexican jumping beans and a Bob Ross lunchbox.
    We didn't buy a new TV or anything like that. It was Black Friday. Did I miss out on the conspicuous consumption?

Oh well, there's always Cyber Monday.

Got some piroshkies afterward from Pike's market. Swung by Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and picked up some chachkies, including Mexican jumping beans and a Bob Ross lunchbox.

Who says that American English is not a different language? 'Mexican jumping beans' I understand; I think.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Who says that American English is not a different language? 'Mexican jumping beans' I understand; I think.
    Just another day in our unique 'Murica culture. Piroshkies are Russian, chachkies are Yiddish, and Bob Ross is just flippin' awesome.

Let's see... How'd my day go? Hmm...

Well, the high for today was about 38f or so. That being the case, I spent most of the day fighting nerve pain.

That involved drinking coffee and a pint of whiskey, and taking a couple'a ibuprofen.

I also didn't write anything, as of yet. ( That could change in a while. Dunno yet. )

I did respond to a few posts, and considered starting another thread or two. Gave up on that idea due to my current condition though, and the knowledge that, as the saying goes, "that way madness lies".

( It's best not to start any new threads when you're in a rather combative mood, but still don't wanna start any fights. )

So, that's me today. How 'bout you?

G.D.

A cold, not an awful cold, but a dull headache, sneezing every so often, and occasionally a deep cough, plus it was a busy sort of day, now very tired.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

My day - almost finished a sweater for a friend I started eight months ago, so it might be done by Christmas. It seems I either spend all of my time knitting/crocheting or writing as I can't do both at the same time. I watched the "White Princess" and the "White Queen" on STARZ, over the snowy, cold weekend, when I should have been writing, but I was completely submersed in times gone by, wishing we all wore long dresses still (well, the women anyway) and had our hair braided and curled and worn long down our back. What a stressful life kings and queens led back in the day. I did go outside for a brief spell; got the car cleaned off of ice and snow and went on icy roads to the store for kitty food. We were down to the last kernel and nothing else would do. Got there and back safely, but I stayed cold for a long time after. Schools were closed today and I remembered with fondness my own kid's snow days - building forts in the living room, eating tomato soup and grilled cheese, bundling them up to play in the snow. Gallons of hot chocolate. Miss those days.

Thanks for reading. How was your day?
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    No, I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

My desktop is out of commission. The USB ports stopped working, it looks like. I have to test more to make sure, but I can't really do it at 7 am while my husband is asleep. All my material is in the cloud, but I'm stuck with Google keyboard to write.
    Ugh.

Dluuni, did you have a windows update recently?

I had basically the same thing happen to my laptop a while back... The usb ports got weird after an update, then another update came along, the computer did it's usual reboot after that, and never came out of the usual black screen to the desktop.

And nothing I tried would convince it to do anything different.

So I said screw it, and bought a new one the next day.

G.D.