So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 514

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Couldn't find where to post this, but I made it to the 3rd round of a magazine only to not be picked. I am glad they notified me of that so I am resubmitting that story I wrote to a different magazine. Using the same version they liked, I did a few edits and resubmitted, and overall the day was been positive. I hope the next magazine likes it just as much since it was not a form rejection.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by Guard Dog View Post
    Y'all need to invest in some indoor votin' facilities...

By the way, I survived the storms. Looks like I'll be on this hill a while longer.

G.D.
    We're Americans. We like to do things the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    We're Americans. We like to do things the hard way.
    So that's what's wrong with me...

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Just watched the press conference by Trump...the professional an political elite dislike him yet that average yank seems to like him...the guy is amazing
    The only one who can heal you is you.

We like our liars to be straight talkers. And he's got nicer legs than Slick Willy did. Slick Willy had the fattest, ugliest legs and yet all the lilly-lib ladies went juicy over him. Dont get me wrong: I love lilly-lib ladies, but sometimes their choice in men is downright baffling. Take our new governor...

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    Couldn't find where to post this, but I made it to the 3rd round of a magazine only to not be picked. I am glad they notified me of that so I am resubmitting that story I wrote to a different magazine. Using the same version they liked, I did a few edits and resubmitted, and overall the day was been positive. I hope the next magazine likes it just as much since it was not a form rejection.
    A bit of personal response makes all the difference, encouraging, good luck.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

One of our holiday hires was put on probation for theft...Not of cash or books, but of personal property. One of my poetry notebooks went missing from my backpack just after my first break this morning. Handwritten rough drafts of pieces I hadn't gotten entered into my files yet, so needless to say, I was beyond upset.

Our manager did something they have rarely had to do before, they instigated a search of all employee bags and purses. My journal was found, but I was flabbergasted. Why would anyone take such a thing? A battered old notebook filled with bad rough drafts of nonsensical poems. Something that is worthless, except to its owner. Without the rest of the body of work, the pieces are little more than gibberish, but still someone took it. I don't understand it.
    Last edited by Darkkin; November 10th, 2018 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    One of our holiday hires was put on probation for theft...Not of cash or books, but of personal property. One of my poetry notebooks went missing from my backpack just after my first break this morning. Handwritten rough drafts of pieces I hadn't gotten entered into my files yet, so needless to say, I was beyond upset.

Our manager did something they have rarely had to do before, they instigated a search of all employee bags and purses. My journal was found, but I was flabbergasted. Why would anyone take such a thing? A battered old notebook filled with bad rough drafts of nonsensical poems. Something that is worthless, except to its owner. Without the rest of the body of work, the pieces are little more than gibberish, but still someone took it. I don't understand it.
    Well, maybe it had empty pages that thought they might use, maybe it was the simple thrill of stealing, or maybe the thrill of reading something personal to someone else. I feel kind of sorry for people like that, but they do provide material to write about. Glad you got it back.
    I hope the next magazine likes it just as much
    Meant to say, hope they like it better
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I just realized something...

In ‘Harry Potter’, Harry grows up and has a difficult time with his son.

In ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’, Aang grows up and winds up neglecting two of his three children because those two weren’t Airbenders like he was.

In ‘Star Wars’, Han and Leia have a son and, well, we know how that turned out.

If, decades down the road, assuming I ever publish ‘The Alkorian Legends’, I write a story about a much older Mishu, I promise I won’t make her a bad mother who either neglects her kids or ends up with one that becomes crazy-evil. Seriously, what’s with that trend of heroes growing up to be either bad parents or having bad kids?

What’s next? The next ‘Legend of Zelda’ game being a sequel to ‘Breath of the Wild’ about an adult Link who neglected a child who then became evil and wants to kill him?

E...it’s a very very small group of yanks.
    But certain press corps who like or are loyal,
    back him and boost him, as he boosts himself.
    Yeah, he’s amazing.

My day so far has been mellow with purpose.
    Just saw several mini flocks of Sandhill Cranes
    flying south together and calling from waayy up
    there with their unique sound. So cool.

Now heading north to spend the afternoon with
    Aunty Glore. The old girl loves a good Italian Beef
    sandwich, that’s lunch.

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content