So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 513

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

not many turned out for their march..there was more of us than them and the police ended up protecting them..the mob is a volatile thing when you have opposing pov's...history is littered with the silent majority following the rhetoric of many political, religious extremes and if people don't have all opposing views to engage in then your likely to end up with just sanctioned ways of protest by the power brockers...i found the experience unsettling
    The only one who can heal you is you.

My parents were middle class teachers, but their view of the police was coloured forever more by the vigour with which they defended the fascists. Sounds like yours did their job reasonably, though I wonder how much that is down to everyone having a camera on their phone nowadays and access to YouTube.

Edit, you are right about the mob mentality, I remember perfectly reasonable people behaving atrociously during the Vietnam demonstrations back I the day.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

i have only ever had negative experiences with the police in my life mostly regarding experiences or situations i have ended up in..the old adage by the police of were into what the law says is legal and not rather than what is right or wrong..is so true

Spice girls reunion without posh spice...be like the Beatles getting back an John Lennon not turning up..

Just dumped our satellite TV provider in favor of using a internet streaming service. Called the corporation today to do the deed.
    The girl on the line asked for our account phone number...
    "Sorry it may be XXX-XXX-XXXX, but that was our land line. We dropped that a few years ago."
    21st Century, man.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Banned
    In my own field, way out there, you don't know. I am alone. Soaring. In the waters high up above.
    I watched something on Vinny Jones. About the bricklaying and the public transport he used to have to take to training. Vinny Jones, bricklays and takes public transport. Everyone says they had more talent and didn't make it. He says that is why. No heart. A character developed in darkness, written off to be a non-league alcoholic. Sober and doing multi-million dollar film deals over the Atlantic ocean. I only see his story due to his promotion. I wonder of the other. Mainly those bullied out of the way. Those of open heart, broad shoulders, and inner critic beyond measure.

His mate Paul Gascoigne sits beside, propped up. The story goes Gazza's talent was so pampered that he never had the hard-working managerial second father, rather only those who used him for their own benefit of glamour. There was less glamour associated with Vinny and more graft. There was more love for Gazza and less fear. But at the end of the day they were both footballers from rough areas and wife beat and so on... I should throw in an allegedly or two and point out that rough area doesn't equate to wife beating in every case and so on and so-forth.

I've never had a wife anyway. Probably for fear of not being able to set the tone. I mean I can set it once, but even that is a line crossed too far. Unspoken responsibility. I am looking for more natural submission. In a world of materialist narcissists and virtue signalling feminists it is no world for an average man. We pay our 3 for five-a-side every other week then go into a depression.

9:45pm and the weather is goin' to hell in a handbasket here... Got tornado warnings 'til 3:00am.

Ah well. I'll keep my phone, tablet, and laptop batteries charged, so even if the tornadoes blow the roof off, I'll still be able to tell y'all about it.

( Been on this hill for nearly 30 years now, and mother nature ain't seen fit to remove me from it yet. Who knows... maybe she'll have a change of heart this time 'round. )

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Went to vote.

Banned
    In my own field, way out there, you don't know. I am alone. Soaring. In the waters high up above.
    Terrible. Downloaded an app for OCD. Got about a third of the way through it, after paying, and realised it hadn't recorded things properly, was really buggy, and ultimately the only solution the unlocked content was offering was to go through your anxiety anyway. Cheers Einstein. I am glad I wasted time and money convinced by your aesthetics only to reveal literally nothing. Mental health services may as well just say, yeah, life is sh!t, can't help you. At least then I'd not be a victim for negligence

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post

Went to vote.
    Y'all need to invest in some indoor votin' facilities...

By the way, I survived the storms. Looks like I'll be on this hill a while longer.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."