So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 509

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Plasticweld, it's all about perspective.

And everybody's is different.

( Which is a good thing, 'cause we all won't fit in the same skin no how. )

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

We have a guest room here, too. If you got time. There's some decent food around, and the Getty nearby is free. It's world class. Your sis is about 1 1/2 hrs south of me ( depending on traffic). Angeles Crest Hwy is also nearby ( 30 min) where I live . You could do a hundred mile run easy on a motorcycle on a morning ( rent). I don't ride motor, but there is a nice parallel mtb trail ride called the gabriielino we could shuttle.
    Lemme know.

https://youtu.be/MWq9vCW5dDI

https://youtu.be/2vCftxx_Ul0

TMW you are in a chipper mood so you go onto Facebook and see a distressing video of a dog being squeezed to death by a snake (though luckily he was saved by his owners)

So now you're thinking, "I hereby allow the torture and mutilation of all snakes everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We have a guest room here, too. If you got time. There's some decent food around, and the Getty nearby is free. It's world class. Your sis is about 1 1/2 hrs south of me ( depending on traffic). Angeles Crest Hwy is also nearby ( 30 min) where I live . You could do a hundred mile run easy on a motorcycle on a morning ( rent). I don't ride motor, but there is a nice parallel mtb trail ride called the gabriielino we could shuttle.
    Lemme know.

https://youtu.be/MWq9vCW5dDI

https://youtu.be/2vCftxx_Ul0
    We definitely the mountain bike stuff. I take it that there is a place to rent a bike. The last mountain bike stuff I did with my son was at a ski resort. Pretty radical stuff, did motorcycle trials for years so understood the concept but the logs and large rocks plus the really steep terrain let me test the integrity of my helmet multiple times.

I am planning on spending a few days out there playing tennis with my sister, she is an accountant and can only spend so much time with during the day so planning a day in between with you would let her stay caught up on her work load. I will send you a pm when I have a better idea on the date... Sounds like this will be an adventure :}

Love the links by the way

In lighter news, Dante has got to be one of the best Classical literature I've ever read outside college. I thought it would be hard to follow, but it really isn't. It really feels like Dante is right there with you, speaking to you on your level even with his flowery language.

Kudos to Michael Arnold for introducing him to me. I look forward to reading all of his works, and many more of the Classics.

Greenshield, I saw this on the news, it might interest you. There is a blind person that can sense movements but cannot see. It sounds tricky to describe how they see since they are still blind. But here is how you would enhance a blind person's senses, sound, and movement, that could be the aura power you are trying to use in your story. I'd make it that magic lets him not be blind at times, but that would be just me saying this. That pov is tricky to write from. Search for the diagnosis of a blind person that might interest you. This person is one of the few in the world that can detect movement while blind, I don't know how it works. But that would make your pov of your character more credible and even seem experimental in its handling.

Basically, the blind person sees something when it is in movement. It's a rare condition of blindness. But it truly does exist as an illness.

Last edited by Theglasshouse; October 11th, 2018 at 12:32 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Pets know, not sure how they know, but they know. Rue Dog has once again demonstrated this. Sunday night he switched his routine. Instead of sleeping with his nose on the pulse point behind my knees, he stretched out along my spine so I could not roll over onto my back or right side. He kept me propped to the left. I'm a side sleeper by nature, so it wasn't an issue. Or so I thought. Tuesday morning Rue signalled. His 'Yes, I'm sure...' sign. He sat and tapped twice with his right paw. I felt fine, nothing more than a little, chronic angina. All par for the course. I dismissed his poking and went to work. Two hours into my shift I noticed a twinge in my right side. I knew I hadn't bumped into anything, but it still really hurt, so I stopped to check to see what I'd done. Massive deep tissue bruising down my entire right side. Something wasn't right, so as much as I had hoped to avoid it. I went in and had it checked out.

Echo revealed an abnormality on my mitral valve. Biopsy revealed a recurrance of my myocarditis. We are now on Day Two of plug and play antibiotics and Rue is still keeping me propped to the left. Somethings we are not meant to understand, somethings are meant to be and Rue Dog is one of those things. He makes crap like this a bit more bearable.

- D.

Wow. That's all I can say. And... I love your dog. Good boy. Amazing boy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    In lighter news, Dante has got to be one of the best Classical literature I've ever read outside college. I thought it would be hard to follow, but it really isn't. It really feels like Dante is right there with you, speaking to you on your level even with his flowery language.

Kudos to Michael Arnold for introducing him to me. I look forward to reading all of his works, and many more of the Classics.
    Someone said 'A classic is a book you have never read, but feel you ought to have'. I don't know why we dismiss them so readily, they have something that got them into that class in the first place, and it quite often makes them still worth reading now, not every time. I went through a spell of picking up cheap classics at the charity shop, most were well worth the read, a few were terrible. Mostly the bad ones were by people who had already made a name with earlier books and were simply turning stuff out for money because they had created a demand, and I had picked them by author rather than title, later Walter Scott, ughh

Darkin; indeed they do know sometimes. My friend was being set up for a sting by a very friendly and plausible chap. It never happened, the first time he visited the house the two cats attacked him full on, they had never been unfriendly to anyone before, but they saw off the danger. Keep listening to that dog and stay with us

PS. I had something funny happen with my heart a while ago and have to go to the surgery to get a monitor fitted for a week later today. As there has not been any sort of repeat I am hoping this is all a waste of time, but experience tells me go along with it for now , or find out too late it wasn't a waste of time at all. Sod's law.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Just got out of prison. I blogged about it.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.