So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 507

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I'm an asshole.

An asshole that knows when he's about to be an asshole, stops himself, but is still amazed at the level of asshole-y he is.

To wit -- one of my friends wanted to make a meme where people superimposed her face on random things. One of her friends put her face on Jesus Christ and a Catholic friend said, quote, "Im sorry [REDACTED] not much offends me but that picture of Our Sacred Heart of Jesus with your face imposed and with a cigarette is not one bit funny. Im Catholic and that is just so wrong."

I wanted to respond with something petty like, "Get over it, sugar. Learn to have some fun. I'm Episcopalian and I thought this was hilarious as fuck. Also, [name of friend who made the post], don't worry about causing offense. Do what you want."

I mean, I did catch myself before I actually said it. Just...damn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F513AA9F-5A58-4944-BDF2-08E38E33EC4E.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	22804 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AD839545-B778-40F0-A315-EE6C78F72E15.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	22805

Waitin’ at the high school
    eatin’ a Honey Crisp
    this is my view
    not bad for a Monday

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content

Brief reminder:

If your brain ever tells you that you don't deserve to be happy because of whatever reason it concocts -- it is, of course, full of complete and absolute BS. You are allowed to be happy.

#YouAreAwesomeNeverForget
    #DFTBA *

* Don't Forget To Be Awesome

The view out my front door at various times of the year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out My Door.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	22807

This is why I could never be a city-dweller.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Brief reminder:

If your brain ever tells you that you don't deserve to be happy because of whatever reason it concocts -- it is, of course, full of complete and absolute BS. You are allowed to be happy.

#YouAreAwesomeNeverForget
    #DFTBA *

* Don't Forget To Be Awesome
    This lady said it pretty well, I think, G.S.:

Pink - "Perfect"

G.D.

I came to the conclusion that I'm going about writing my WIP in the wrong way. The problem is that I have to convince myself that what I write is worth reading, but if I am actually writing about my own past experiences and activities how do I make it interesting enough to read myself? I just keep thinking "Yeah, the same thing happened to me once. So what?" which isn't particularly helpful.

Reading through my emails and notes from the past I found a reference to the occasion when our next door neighbours showed us a photo of a UFO that had been circling our homes a few nights earlier. It was barely a smudge on the digital image of course but I became very doubtful when they told us that they'd seen it on a previous occasion. Even if aliens had crossed the galaxy to fly around our homes what had been so interesting that they came back, or were these some friends that they'd told about us? I mean, we just aren't that special, so far as I know.

So, I think I'll junk the three chapters already written and anyway I have a brand new idea for the introduction, so I ought to get started on that. The only trouble is that I'm not even sure that I want to write any of it. That's significant as the work is about the apparent link between my feelings and future events in my life, so there may be some problem ahead blocking it. It's either the way that I'm writing it or the fact that I am, but I don't know which yet. So far as I know it isn't when.

Oh well, with the Autumn season starting there may be something worth watching on TV until this fog in my mind clears.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Got a flat tire! GAAAH! >:[

Fixed the shotgun. Takin' it back to the neighbor as soon as he's home.

Had to make a screw for it, since it's so old and new parts won't fit.

G.D.

First day of eighteen days on my own, took the missus to the airport last night, she is off to Rwanda to see gorillas, then by truck across Uganda to Kenya and the Masai mara game reserve.
    https://www.exodus.co.uk/kenya-holid...a-camping/wyu8

I say 'On my own', I still have the owl and the pussycat to look after.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

My co-worker got a call and left early. His wife was sick, and he had to rush home to take care of her.
    Rick is just two months from retirement. I am really praying that his wife's ailment is neither serious nor chronic. They've been planning so many things for his retirement.
    Fate can be cruel.
    I am looking forward to seeing Rick tomorrow, and laughing at this non-event. I'm not a very positive person. This is hard.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"