So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 506

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I'm still trapped within my surreal writer's world apparently. In 2011 I wrote my weird novel about two minds connected across six years in time and today I am working on my book about writing it. This entails pasting in blocks of text from emails that I wrote in 2012 about the novel and writing my present day comments in between them. In other words this part of the book actually is being written by two versions of my mind separated by six years. Even though I thought that I had become used to the idea I am getting a very odd feeling about the experience and can't work for very long each day before it freaks me out. Six years is long enough for it to be difficult for me to relate directly to the person who wrote those emails, so it actually is a weird duet of two minds. We haven't seriously disagreed about anything yet, but I prefer to work alone.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Yesterday my daughter took me out for a birthday treat, we went and visited the Horniman museum and gardens in Forest Hill, highly recommended.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Hey Happy Birthday Olly! Did’ja ever think you’d
    make it this far? I’m still flabbergasted at 64.
    Congradulations, sir.

Today is a good day, a long day, just back to work
    this week, happily...and sitting in the bus at a park on
    a beautiful mild evening listening to the sounds
    of cheerful laughs, whistles, disappointing moans and
    that noise balls make hitting the ground bouncing
    off rackets. Dogs walking people anxious to smell every
    tree in their path.....and coaches frustration blairing
    unintelligible sounds yet we all get the message.
    A squirrel runs across the parking lot heading for the
    sidewalk with a nut in her mouth. Her quest interrupted
    by a beagle leashed to a lady on a cell phone.
    Ooops, there goes the cell phone.

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Yesterday my daughter took me out for a birthday treat, we went and visited the Horniman museum and gardens in Forest Hill, highly recommended.
    Y'know?
    It's funny. Maybe it's my age but there's an exhibition that I wouldn't mind going to see in the national art gallery in London. I won't of course but I can't thinking about it and wondering.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Just sitting here handling my usual chore of rolling cigarettes for the next day or so, and contemplating which of several other tasks I'll attend to later on today.

I've got an old shotgun I need to repair, clean up, and return to my neighbor, a leak under the house I need to patch, and no telling what else I'm not remembering at the moment.

I don't know which of those I'll get to today, if any of 'em, but I do know they'll all get done, since they have to.

Just feeling too lazy today to worry about it.

Who knows, maybe there's something on NetFlix that requires my attention today? Or something the neighbor needs assistance with?

Time will tell, I suppose.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

/\ GD, you roll your own, and fix your own boom-sticks? Good man.

Same boat here. Need to get off my arse and be productive. I think I'll at least work out before the Seahawks game. But clearing out the garden? Eh....

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    /\ GD, you roll your own, and fix your own boom-sticks? Good man.
    Oh, I do a fair number of odd-ball things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G.D.'s Stuff.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	22787

That little .32 peashooter on the left? I was there when my grandfather bought it, 40 years ago. It had a 15 pound trigger pull, up 'til a few days ago. Now it's more like 10.
    The knives I've re-worked, or re-hilted, and the sheathes I made.
    The walking stick at the far right I made. The top is white walnut I got in Michigan, when I visited my dad 20 years ago or so, the middle piece is black walnut from the same trip, and the main shaft is Dogwood, from my yard. ( It died and fell over, so I didn't let it go to waste. )

Sorry about the crappy pic. I snapped it a few minutes ago with my phone.

Edit: A little side-note... The knife on the far right? If you've read the snippet I posted on the Common Tongue thread... That's the knife I had in mind for Marhi to be holding.

G.D.
    Last edited by Guard Dog; September 30th, 2018 at 08:40 PM.

A few days ago I went into a kebap / fast food restaurant (does the UK or the US even have doner kebap stands? - here they are on literally every corner) and the owner asked me if I had ordered via a phone call earlier. I said no, must've been someone else. But now he had some food prepared and the caller had probably forgotten about his meal, so he told me that I could get the already-prepared lahmacun for the price of a doner kebap. So yeah, tasted pretty good, although I usually like kebap more.

That reminded me of the best kebap I've eaten - I think it was in Kassel. 4€ but you get absolutely everything, you get a ton of meat (not like these pinchpenny kebap shops around here), the good sweet-sour sauce, extra feta cheese and peperoni. Except for ananas, then you have to decide if you want feta or ananas, both together don't taste very well. But I think the restaurant closed soon after the semester ended. Kassel also has a funny noodle restaurant literally called "noodle noodle" (nudelnudel.de). Their noodle selection is absolutely insane, really the best noodles that I've ever eaten. It was a lot of fun going there with the whole class during lunch break. And healthy, too.

I find it both amusing and sad that although I'm half German, I have no idea what the hell a "kebap" is.

( My paternal grandparents came from Königsberg, Germany ( East Prussia? ) in the mid 1930's, thanks to the increasing shenanigans of everyone's least-favorite Austrian painter/paper-hanger. )

G.D.

Our meat stabbers are more often than not Armenians. We have them since the genocide, and a newer wave post-Soviet. 'Bap' is '-bob'.