So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 504

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Hey guys, it’s the same with old ladys. Anyone 20
    or more years younger, assumes we’re married, have
    children and grandkids, and...think we’re just old.
    And if they have the chance to see young pictures of
    you, it’s unreal. At least that’s how I felt when I was
    young looking at young pictures of old people.
    My body might be old but I’m not.

One of the coolest compliments I received yesterday.
    I was at physical therapy doing stretches, chatting and
    joking with my PT therapist, I stretched a little to far
    and said “Ooo these bones are old”. She glanced at the
    paperwork on the podium and said “Oh I forgot you
    were 64.”

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    One of the pleasures of being old, Kevin, women simply see you as this old bloke and have conversations with you without thinking 'He's male', 'He's a threat', or even, 'He's available'. For some reason they don't think that old men count as 'men', I have some quite pleasant chats with people over counters and at checkouts when it's not busy, and even in lifts
    They seem to be more at ease with us oldies and, to some extent, I'm struggling with that. Like, who me? I don't say it but I'm always taken back when a woman I've never seen before attempts to converse with me. I'm like a wild animal caught in the head-lights of a car in the black of night. I just freeze. I really am trying work that out. Would be nice to make a few acquaintances I'm thinking as I age. And talk, just talk.

Trouble is, I dither, and then the moment is lost.

Another problem for me is that I'm not really a talker and I don't do small-talk. I just don't " get that ".
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

When I had a dog with me that always got someone talking to me.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    They seem to be more at ease with us oldies and, to some extent, I'm struggling with that. Like, who me? I don't say it but I'm always taken back when a woman I've never seen before attempts to converse with me. I'm like a wild animal caught in the head-lights of a car in the black of night. I just freeze. I really am trying work that out. Would be nice to make a few acquaintances I'm thinking as I age. And talk, just talk.

Trouble is, I dither, and then the moment is lost.

Another problem for me is that I'm not really a talker and I don't do small-talk. I just don't " get that ".
    Imagine being a gay man. Women of all ages flock to you and assume that you're up to hear their gossip. No ma'am I'm a high school principal. I hear enough gossip on the M-F gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    That would show me up, my first job was as a library assistant, there was a lot of writing in those days, tickets, catalogue cards and so on, and there was a general rule that we had to use block capitals for legibility. Except for putting my name on Christmas cards I think I have used blocks for everything since, my handwriting is that of a schoolboy.
    When I started programming back in the 1960s we had to write the code on forms divided up into boxes, one block capital to a box, for punching onto punched cards. Hence I too can write continuously in block capitals as well as script but because I had to write so fast my block capitals tended to join up and still do.

My father wrote in italics but didn't have a proper italic pen, so just lifted the pen off the paper during the light strokes, which left a very strange but artistic totally disjointed script. When I started at my boarding school they were appalled at my handwriting and I was made to go to handwriting classes where I learned italics, but as soon as they were over I went back to my original cursive style.

I used to get migraines and when I had one my handwriting got smaller and smaller although it was still legible, which was a strange symptom.

How did my day go? Don't ask. If I was still prone to migraines then I'd have one. And tomorrow I have an appointment with the dentist for root canal work ... part one of two. Oh joy.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    My fiancee just called off the engagement. As of yesterday, we're no longer a couple.

Sigh.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    My fiancee just called off the engagement. As of yesterday, we're no longer a couple.

Sigh.
    Aha I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences.

The past three days have been a dream come true.
    No pain, anywhere, anytime. Feeling thirty again.
    Daily, mundane chores and movements are special
    now, welcome and extraordinary. I got moves like
    Jagger.

‘Coffee, Tea and Other Beverages’
    Poems about the drinks that take us through our day
    available on Amazon
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TuesdayEve View Post
    The past three days have been a dream come true.
    No pain, anywhere, anytime. Feeling thirty again.
    Daily, mundane chores and movements are special
    now, welcome and extraordinary. I got moves like
    Jagger.
    I know Jagger takes that stuff, but I am not sure you should

Seriously, long may it continue.

RoP, I am sorry to hear about that, I know at the time it is probably painful. However, in time you may come to see that it is sometimes better to have a clean break than to drag on with something that is unsatisfactory, probably when you find a good, satisfactory, relationship.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

One person is relieved of pain, and the other is loaded down with iit
    I remember it was most like someone had died. My friend this one time told me to take her picture down. I did. Took a year to recover.