So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 503

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Traveling to Georgia to visit my new school later this week. Taking trinkets and pound cake and beer bread. The trinkets are various 3D-printed animal phone-stand-keychain thingies. My friend Eagle does them. I'll have a pic later, they're jumbled in a bag now.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

Oh goody.

Blog Entries
    Starting a new job today, going in for orientation. This is a direct sales position. I keep coming back to shit I've already retired from...
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    Starting a new job today, going in for orientation. This is a direct sales position. I keep coming back to shit I've already retired from...
    My imagination is working overtime wondering what you are selling, doubtless the reality would be much less exciting

My friend's Chilean bell flower is coming into bloom on his balcony, they are really lovely, with an outside petal that curls around. They grow on the north face of canyons where water runs down and are quite particular. They like to be watered from below, fairly high humidity, and hate sunlight. They suffered a bit in the hot summer, he had to keep spraying them, but have recovered in the Indian summer and come into bloom. My friend has cancer and can hardly walk, but it made his day to struggle out there and see them when he didn't think he would again.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=la...w=1366&bih=651
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I finally found a shop selling bottles of black fountain pen ink (well actually just a single bottle in stock) today after trying several high street shops. It makes me wonder just how many actual writers there are around now. It will soon get to the stage when anyone capable of using a pen will be considered to be a calligrapher. Also this shop was selling Waterman brand ink. I thought that brand had vanished years ago. The clever thing about Waterman ink was the design of the bottle. When it was partially empty you could tip it on an angle to get the ink out and it stayed balancing there. Even more clever was that when it was almost empty you could stand it on one corner to get the last drops out. Sadly their modern bottles only balance at an angle but not on a corner any more, the corners having been rounded off a little too much and the bottles being more elongated, which critically shifts the centre of gravity. I suppose that's yet another example of "progress" although in which direction I can't imagine.

When I work out the best way to post manuscript on WF I may do so. In fact maybe we should have a thread devoted to the subject where members can post short examples of their handwritten work just to prove that they can actually physically write! It might be revealing.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

More month than day. Took a break from writing to do some music and I am quite pleased with the product. Unfortunately, I am terrible at self-promo so the music will most likely sit in the vault forever. Slipping back into writing and finishing my up other sequels now.

Today though? Boring. Watching some random stand-ups on Netflix and prepping my mind to get back into 'writers' mode.
    Books
    | SAGA: The Brave | Nineteen Forty-Three | The Extra-Ordinary Mr. Wickers | And Then There Was Silence |

Hidden Content

The best software for people with writing disabilities seems to be word q speech q (I have tried a lot of different software). It makes writing a story easier for me as a task. I can detect many more mistakes in long posts on the forum and when I write something long. It's the cheapest best quality software I have found for the price. I dare not pay 150 dollars for two yearly subscriptions. Grammarly cost me 90 dollars for the first year. The second year it would cost me 140. I think word q speech q is the better investment for people who have the same "unique" problem(special disabilities) or are in the same situation I am in (200). It also reads Kindle books (this feature is not advertised and there is a free trial). This post is basically the post I would have made yesterday for this thread.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    When I work out the best way to post manuscript on WF I may do so. In fact maybe we should have a thread devoted to the subject where members can post short examples of their handwritten work just to prove that they can actually physically write! It might be revealing.
    That would show me up, my first job was as a library assistant, there was a lot of writing in those days, tickets, catalogue cards and so on, and there was a general rule that we had to use block capitals for legibility. Except for putting my name on Christmas cards I think I have used blocks for everything since, my handwriting is that of a schoolboy.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Back in the day I used to kid about dipping pigtails into inkwells. Not that I have ever actually seen a working inkwell, but I knew of them, from movies..Pippy Longstalking, How green was my valley, I think.

Things are so uptight here that merely speaking to a person of the opposite sex causes paranoia. I was watching an online discussion about an article about Superman ( you know...comic book character; movies etc.) "Truth, justice, and the American way", Superman is the same as a Confederste statue: Mysoginist ( a super Man), racist ( Super, as in superior to others- you get the implication) and his outfit/costume's colors, his completion, eye color... the whole visual- all of it patriarchal suppressionist - it's downright nationalist,Fascist, backward, bigoted, regressive, repressive, superiorist...

The other day I was riding in a elevator trying desperately to pay strict attention to the screen of my IPhone. Now, despite extreme and overwhelming societal peer pressure I typically fail at this (phone-staring) lacking something as far as being able to constantly think about what's on there, on the phone, or who can I text ( I know , I'm a backward, Luddite ... well a caveman, no offence anyone, no no no no...).

Anyway , a person had entered said elevator, with me - at the same time- alone, with me- and asked me what floor. I said lobby.
    And then- for the remainder- that person ( in regards to -) , I did do my best to avert my eyes from, although it was a she ( not that that means anything- it doesn't!) (yes, I'm sorry... I did notice) doing my best while riding- descending- to be looking at my IPhone, which, as I say, is not natural to me in a public place, nearly never doing that, except maybe (if I think of it) while sitting in a waiting room, or sitting, eating lunch - I actually like to read... this time (in the elevator) being I think, the first time I have ever stood, proceeding, moving ( well, descending) while doing my best to avert my eyes/ not be a threat or a perceived threat, being an unaccompanied 'alone' male person in public, especially one of the working class, sorry, sorry, sorry...

I was tired from the day, it being the end of my workday, 5-5 at least, felt like I needed a shower (like I always do, daily, at the end of my day) and then I felt this presence/person nearby (couldn't help it- the nearbyness- trapped in an elevator ) who, I may add, was certainly above my level, pay grade, status what have you, beingyoungattractiveinashortbutworkplace/officeappropriateattire (*whew* glad we're past that) oh crap- forgot to say in-heels,pointy, black; strappy (sorry, sorry, sorry..sososo-sorry- I thoroughly apologize..)

I didn't run out there, but I felt as though I fled without any... any- Well, I fled, yes. I could feel eyeballs on me. Oh, it was 'orrible, like it was the Seventies or something. You say it was nothing, and it wasn't / it was nothing, right? Nothing whatsoever, but...what if I had been younger, single, actually available?

You know there's cameras in them elevators... I might even then have been filmed interacting/speaking. 'Orrible. 'orrible...
    Last edited by Kevin; September 19th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

One of the pleasures of being old, Kevin, women simply see you as this old bloke and have conversations with you without thinking 'He's male', 'He's a threat', or even, 'He's available'. For some reason they don't think that old men count as 'men', I have some quite pleasant chats with people over counters and at checkouts when it's not busy, and even in lifts
    Hidden Content