So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 501

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Yknow?

I'm probably hoping against hope here but I DO wonder if my chipping a front tooth will turn out to be some kind of catalyst.

I suppose I should count myself lucky that I love eating fruit and veg for obvious reasons.

Many years ago, having been a heavy smoker for something like fifteen years, and going through so many failed attempts at packing up, I injured my knee and was almost chain-smoking to the point where I just got sick of smoking and haven't smoked since. That was some thirty years ago. At the rate I smoked them I might easily have died an awful death by now. Not to mention the cost of those things.

Strange how things turn out sometimes.
    I go to the dental hygienist about 3 times a year. It's f... great! I come out of there all beat up. She's better than the dominatrix, and cheaper. (ha!) My insurance doesn't pay, but I don't care; it's worth it.

Blog Entries
    Kevin,
    I reckon that those people have to, at the very least, be fetishists, into inflicting pain, to be able to DO that for a living. Unfortunately, having pain inflicted on me in such a sensitive area, simply ISN'T my thing.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Kevin,
    I reckon that those people have to, at the very least, be fetishists, into inflicting pain, to be able to DO that for a living. Unfortunately, having pain inflicted on me in such a sensitive area, simply ISN'T my thing.
    I look at it like maintenance of the car. I'd be developing gum disease, otherwise: teeth start loosening, falling out, at least that's the story the dentists say. I have all of my teeth still, there's a slight--em--not sure what he calls it--- blemish on one, but they keep an eye on it. Could require filling in the future.

You know, just curious, but I know two Irish that immigrated 20 years ago. They went to the dentist here, and he was like wtf happened to your mouths? "Well, over there, a tooth issue means pull it." They said he was aghast, young men missing so many teeth. They try to save them here. I don't know what they do there. Here, its a whole money-making industry, but I do like my teeth. They come in handy ( or bitey) ( or something..)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    but I do like my teeth. They come in handy ( or bitey) ( or something..)
    Absolutely.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    Kevin,
    In such a sensitive area? Are there some areas that are acceptable? Our boot camp Drill Instructors didn't inflict oral pain, just pain everywhere else.
    Not sure what percentage was Nietzsche or Marquis de Sade.

Regarding self-abuse, I have a new batch of mead brewing. Honey and pineapple, with a dash of agave nectar (champagne yeast).
    Later, I'm setting up my new chronograph, and I'm going to test velocities of various weight pellets out of my .25 cal air rifle. I love ballistics. I also bought a decibel meter. 'Cause folks like to complain about noise, even if it's hardly noticeable.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    In such a sensitive area? Are there some areas that are acceptable? Our boot camp Drill Instructors didn't inflict oral pain, just pain everywhere else.

Regarding self-abuse, I have a new batch of mead brewing. Honey and pineapple, with a dash of agave nectar (champagne yeast).
    Later, I'm setting up my new chronograph, and I'm going to test velocities of various weight pellets out of my .25 cal air rifle. I love ballistics. I also bought a decibel meter. 'Cause folks like to complain about noise, even if it's hardly noticeable.
    Regarding self-abuse...
    I rode the mt. bike, yesterday. There was the 'pain' of climbing, the pain of crashing, and the pleasure of having made it. Did I mention the fear? Joy of fear. Ha! Like oh ...! Am I really going to ride down this? Wee...
    Some home-brew sounds very nice. Just a wee...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post

Winston,
    I envy you your enthusiasm.
    I just it and stew.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

TMW I ask myself:

How did I manage to get onto Facebook and find myself with fellow Skyrim lovers debating albinism? oO

And educating them on the condition?

Granted I know a bit more about it than they do considering I had friends with the condition and I did research on it for a character, I just didn't think I'd be doing this today. I don't mind, though. It's good to educate folks.

I discovered today that my current attitude to writing goes back beyond the time when I started to write fiction. I was looking through my email archive for something when I spotted a familiar statement that I had made in the middle of writing to someone about a non-fictional paper that I had written years ago at work. It read:

"The writer has to know and understand his target reader to succeed."

I always assumed that I had acquired this attitude from my more recent experience of writing fiction, but apparently I have held it for much longer than that. We tend to do our writing without formally defining the axioms that guide us in it, so things like this don't come to light until we are asked to explain something, such as often happens here in WF. When I started writing fiction I obviously already knew that the most important character in a story to get clearly defined is not the "main character", the protagonist within it, but that of the reader, because all that really matters is what happens to the reader during the story and how they interact with it.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Nothing's on fire...That is about as far as I got today.