So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 500

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtV1-gJ_bm0

It's only just literally today I learned that this song is about the IRA. D: In my defense, I have really shitty hearing so I have trouble hearing the lyrics unless I look them up. All this time I thought it was about literally zombies.

Just like the song 'No Depression' by Uncle Tupelo -- I used to think it was a sweet song until I looked up the lyrics and now I'm convinced the song is really about him wanting to commit suicide.

Damn, music, you're scary. Cool, but scary at the same time...

Well, I just hit a creative burn-out.

Today I received the activities programme of the Society for Psychical Research for the next six months. At the very top it stated "Please note that all events are physical meetings," so I wondered whether they'd heard far too many jokes about members only attending in spirit but they went on to say "NOT online presentations." I was a little disappointed that they of all people should think that the only virtual reality is that on the Internet.

Anyway, I have signed up for a whole study day in November into "Understanding the Uncanny" presented by five assorted psychologists, psychiatrists and psychoanalysts, so there should be some serious substance to it. There may also be an opportunity for me to mention my own weird experiences as a writer to them as the core subject is "the inner mental processing which underlies psychic experiences". Writers delve deeply into their psyches for inspiration and perhaps they don't really understand exactly where it originates, so watch this space.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    I had an awful day. Chipped a tooth at work and now , although I'd happily leave it to rot, working in the totally testosterone fulled macho environment that I do, I need to find a dentist who will do a repair job whilst disregarding other teeth that really ought to be pulled. Might be a good opportunity to tell a dentist why I won't have them pulled although I wouldn't expect it to cut any ice with those guys. Just one small voice daring to object to the status quo.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110475128143d5fa6def3bfaaae2c443.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	22641

Real men don't have all there teeth :}

I've been eating on just one side of my mouth for some six months now because the other side needs root canal work and I haven't booked the appointments for it yet. Dunno about real men but I need some of my teeth. Maybe some people don't though. Many years ago when my angel and I stayed overnight in an "economical" (shall we say) hotel in Inverness (the sort where you have to pay on entry and ask for clean sheets if you especially want them) the barman there told us that the local street dwellers there lived on nothing but Carlsberg Special Brew, him having just persuaded one such not to bed down on an adjacent bench in the bar. Is that so, I thought as I ordered another Special Brew.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110475128143d5fa6def3bfaaae2c443.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	22641

Real men don't have all there teeth :}
    That's just about how my teeth look.
    Front three top teeth missing.
    I'd say that he has got more teeth than me.
    I'm not what you'd call a "real man".
    Certainly not in THAT context.My teeth are in very poor shape because I lack the testicular fortitude to do something about it.
    Also, and yes I'm making excuses here but it's true, I've tried plastic teeth and couldn't get on with them.
    So if/when I DO finally end up with plastics I'm going to struggle with food.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    Yknow?

I'm probably hoping against hope here but I DO wonder if my chipping a front tooth will turn out to be some kind of catalyst.

I suppose I should count myself lucky that I love eating fruit and veg for obvious reasons.

Many years ago, having been a heavy smoker for something like fifteen years, and going through so many failed attempts at packing up, I injured my knee and was almost chain-smoking to the point where I just got sick of smoking and haven't smoked since. That was some thirty years ago. At the rate I smoked them I might easily have died an awful death by now. Not to mention the cost of those things.

Strange how things turn out sometimes.
    Last edited by dither; August 25th, 2018 at 08:49 PM.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

I am waiting for a contract for a story that was accepted that was workshopped here. I wonder how I will sign it, I assume it will be mailed and sent to my mailing company. The day has been positive. To get something published is a slow process. 6 months can go by quick, and then it gets published. I worked by email, so I assume no one has faxed and signed a publishing contract. I have to sign one. Or I will have to print it and send it to an address I am guessing.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; August 26th, 2018 at 04:13 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

The neighbors had a live band last night.
    It was hard to tell where it was coming from, exactly. We live in shallow canyon. There's a highway at the bottom. The music came from down there, somewhere.

There was a saxophone and a girl singer. Then there was a guy singer; and keyboards.

The music was old. A lot of British. And mixed. McCartney, Gabriel, Fleetwood Mac.

They played "Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty.
    I know that song from my youth. My first girlfriend liked it. She was in sixth grade, and I was in ninth. She was taller. I was too young for her.

We went to our backyard and sat in our new furniture. There's a wall between us and the neighbors. My wife commented how strange it was that she was so anti-social, now. We saw no one, and no one saw us. We sat under a blanket; well me only half-under, with our bare legs up on the table. Looking up, I could see that we're right under a flight path.

That's new.

The music stopped early, and we played some on her iPhone. She played "Baker Street" again, and "Salisbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel. Then I put on "Walking on a thin line" by The Kinks. And then "Waterloo Sunset".

Then we went back inside.