So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 499

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

astroandy broke his ankle.

I get to do his laundry, cuz normally every adult does their own but ... he can't carry the basket, etc. Interesting times.

He also gets to have a computer in the bedroom. That's a Thing because we made a rule before we were wed that it wouldn't be. This is the exception.

A lot of adaptation.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Blog Entries
    /\ Didn't want to hit the "like" button, but good luck.
    Remember, Love is patient. Love is kind.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Love is awesome. He is totally worthy. I am in the orthopedic's office now, awaiting the arrival of the doctor. There will be a cast to replace the splint. More news later.

Edited to add: Nope, he gets a boot. He can walk in the boot, with one crutch if it's a long distance, without if it's shorter.
    Last edited by aj47; August 7th, 2018 at 06:43 PM.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Blog Entries
    When shit falls apart, whatever was underneath is exposed.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    WTF is going around?! Now MY foot is hurting! I think I pulled a muscle a couple of weeks ago. I'm resting it fully this weekend, hoping by Monday it'll have recuperated some.
    Maybe it's just psychosomatic, 'cause I wanna be cool like astroandy.
    Oh well, I have an excuse to be lazy.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    astroandy broke his ankle.
    Ouch, lots of small and delicate bones in wrists and ankles. My missus stepped in a hole and did hers a year or two ago, it took longer to heal than my fractured femur, they pinned that and I was up on it within twenty four hours. There was a chap on the ward when I arrived who lived in a first floor flat and tried leaving via the balcony when the police knocked on the front door, he had broken both of them and was still immobile when I left to go home.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

That Moment When you are conducting research for your Colonial mystery and learn that in 1760, before he married Abigail, John Adams almost got married to Hannah Quincy but she grew tired of waiting for him to tie the knot so she just up and married another man. Also he made a boo-boo on Day #1 of his job as lawyer:

Adams' first case was between two neighbors that had been feuding for years. Adams' client had lost the first case. Adams' client had filed a sort of an appeal, called a writ. Adams lost that case on a technicality he - had forgotten to fill the name of the county on the writ! After the case, Adams realized that to become a successful lawyer, he needed to study local law instead of the law classics he was reading.

http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/biographies/john-adams/lawyer-(1758-1761).php

Well I thought that I had all the details for our holidays next year sorted out when I just received this tempting offer of a holiday in an email. I know that my geography isn't that hot but I think there may be something awry here.

The Best of Scotland and Ireland

The unique location of Interlaken, nestled between Lakes Thun and Brienz, and watched over by the mighty Jungfrau, make the ideal base for a holiday exploring the majestic winter peaks of the Bernese Oberland by train, including spectacular trips to the summit of the Jungfrau and Schilthorn peaks.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

It’s a good day. The cicadas are singing and I am
    reflecting on the past week and planning tomorrow’s
    chores and errands. The siding job is almost complete
    on my house, a little later this summer than expected
    and the plants I bought in May, repotted and tried to
    keep alive, are finally in the ground.
    •~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
    ‘Every man is guilty
    of all the good he did not do’

Voltaire

I recently got up, with aching shoulders, fingers like sausages and pains in my feet. Went to take my meds and realised I missed taking them yesterday. SO, that is why I was tired all day Saturday and had a rubbish night, good thing it is Sunday and I get a chance to recover.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.