So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 481

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Studio Ghibli marathon on the big TV...

The workers asked what that noise was. We have feral peacocks that hang out about a quarter mile away. The sound caries and they were making a lot of racket.

I said they were peacocks, They didn't know what that was. I explained the big tail, colorful display. They still didn't know.

Then I said that they were known to eat dogs and sometimes people.

The one guy said that they wouldn't get him if he was out hunting. I said that others had said that - young 'machos', and then never spoken again. They laughed. I said we'd be okay down here.

Later, I sent them a YouTube of a peacock.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvFdj-pFMc&sns=em

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Studio Ghibli marathon on the big TV...
    All of them?
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Hidden Content

24,178 Words in my Fantasy! Things just got interesting for Mishu, looks like her adventure is about to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    All of them?
    mononoke is a marathon

Found out I'm going onstage before Chesney Hawkes at a Robert Burns festival a week on Saturday. Surreal!
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Watson View Post
    Found out I'm going onstage before Chesney Hawkes at a Robert Burns festival a week on Saturday. Surreal!
    Hope someone is going to video/take pictures!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

It’s a beautiful sunny day, 55 degrees, sitting quietly
    at the far end of a parking lot, windows open, waiting
    for 1:30....
    I hear the murmur of a Canadian Goose. I recognize
    it as probably walking. I turn towards the sound and
    see Mother Goose walking near my car, with two little
    yellow fur-balls behind her walking double time to
    keep up and Papa bringing up the rear.
    On high alert, she looks around, checking every sound,
    and stops directly in front of my car...
    Head up, neck straight, she looks straight at me, eye
    to eye we connect for 3-4 seconds and I turn away....
    Posing no threat, she continues on, ‘cross the parking
    lot to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Watson View Post
    'The one and only', surreal indeed. I understand why you might be at a Burn's night, but what is he doing there? He's English isn't he?
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

No idea, Olly. I always thought he was American? Apparently, going from his bio on the site for the Burns festival, he's made a decent career for himself on the festival circuit and as a songwriter and producer. Seems like he still tours and records quite regularly.

http://www.burnsfestival.com/bur…/burnsfest-live-music-tent/
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content