So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 480

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Sad, true and funny all at the same time (not to mention all the stuff they put in prepared foods - read labels lately?).
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

I keep waiting for that lurking cancer seed planted in my childhood to blossom. We had rat poison set out, my mom gave up on hitting them with a broom; I sucked on red lead painted crib passed on to others; my favorite gift was an entire lead army set that I kept set up on my floor that I rearranged for hours. Loved it. We broke thermometers to roll the mercury. I never got a vaccine because my mother thought they were dangerous. LOL. I’ve made it to elderly. My plan is to make ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    You talk like it is all bad, Lee. Just think, would those young officers ever have gone out and conquered the world and given it the benefit of British benevolence if they had not spent their childhood playing with lead soldiers? Wouldn't the proletariate be rioting and causing trouble if we couldn't keep them stupid, fat, and contented on all that pesticide permeated food? There are benefits, for some.
    Hey Olly, it was a great movie while it lasted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30714826_1713377218718371_5142041662607851520_n.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	21428

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Bugs come to my house. There was one this morning- a large black 'stink-bug' we call them. They are a beetle. I saw him crossing the drive, coming from the wall that separates us from the wild ( there is an oak and 'weeds' start behind it. A while later I found him on my porch on his back and wriggling- "..the death wriggle" I call it. Can you guess why? See below.
    https://www.writingforums.com/thread...=1#post1560913

I eventually lost the war ( win that argument- lost the war). We now have a service that sprays at all our outter perimeter. I saw the bill. "The bugs come in (up to- ), but don't come out."
    Last edited by Kevin; April 15th, 2018 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm bored as fawk.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Life has been making its presence felt lately. Monday I thought I had my problems better sorted. I had a broken off tooth extracted the week previously and had to leave my denture with the dentist, so had been wearing an old one that was almost impossible to eat with, half a stone lighter I got my proper teeth back monday. The other thing was that when I put my car in for a service the garage said 'Don't bother, it's notworth it'. and Monday I bought a 'new' one, Tuesday I had a puncture on the motorway on the way home, wednesday a lorry turned over on the motorway and I sat in a traffic jam, both days I ended up getting home really late. Today I spent ages searching for the documents for my old car, can't find them anywhere, though i saw them last week, and tried to change a tap washer. That should have been easy. It would have been if the tap to turn the water off hadn't jammed, finally freeze the pipe and put in another tap, then find the tap on the sink that needs the washer is also solid, Arrrgh!

Lovely weather, hottest day so far, so tied up in stuff I forgot to open the greenhouse, that has cost me a good few seedlings. Arrrgh!

Wish I was just bored, Rhythmovpain, count your blessings
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Life has been making its presence felt lately. Monday I thought I had my problems better sorted. I had a broken off tooth extracted the week previously and had to leave my denture with the dentist, so had been wearing an old one that was almost impossible to eat with, half a stone lighter I got my proper teeth back monday. The other thing was that when I put my car in for a service the garage said 'Don't bother, it's notworth it'. and Monday I bought a 'new' one, Tuesday I had a puncture on the motorway on the way home, wednesday a lorry turned over on the motorway and I sat in a traffic jam, both days I ended up getting home really late. Today I spent ages searching for the documents for my old car, can't find them anywhere, though i saw them last week, and tried to change a tap washer. That should have been easy. It would have been if the tap to turn the water off hadn't jammed, finally freeze the pipe and put in another tap, then find the tap on the sink that needs the washer is also solid, Arrrgh!

Lovely weather, hottest day so far, so tied up in stuff I forgot to open the greenhouse, that has cost me a good few seedlings. Arrrgh!

Wish I was just bored, Rhythmovpain, count your blessings
    I'm only bored because I choose to ignore my stress/that which stresses me.

Have you considered smoking weed? If anything, it'll give you a nice break.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Ugh. Getting ready to take my son to The Navy Ball. Gotta dress-up. Polite, boring talk. No booze. I wish I was a Facebook junkie so I could dose-up while I was there.
    His girl is already getting ready. Five hours ahead of time.
    But, I get to treat myself first. Going to pick-up my new pistol. And leave it home. The Navy doesn't like people bringing weapons on base. Odd.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

The idea of a dry navy always amazes me, I am sure the British navy would not have managed half the things it did without rum. Mind you, that was back then, less acuracy more blood and guts I guess.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Just began a new relationship today.

I'm very happy with her.

Smoke weed everyday.