So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 477

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

So I think I just found the most horrifying thing I’ve ever read in a book. Taken from Carolyn Haines’ Sarah Booth Delaney mysteries ‘Rock-A-Bye Bones‘

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “And this is the home of the three-inch palmetto roaches that fly and are attracted to hairspray. Remember when Ruth Ann Scott went camping with her boyfriend and that cockroach flew into her hair? She knocked herself out on a tree running in the dark. She said his little legs were digging into her scalp, pinching. She could hear it gnawing her hair roots.”
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I scream like a little girl at the sight of a common house roach. This? This is my idea of Hell. Fighting literal demons would be preferable to three-inch long flying roaches that chew your hair...

Blog Entries
    Currently in the process of laying new tiling in my boss's strip club.

Can't wait for tonight; free drinks and a free show.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Bought 10 pairs of briefs an 4 packs of white socks after throwing all me socks n undies out last night...
    That sounds like a very chilly shopping trip!

Binged down seven books in two days...(What book addiction?)

I can't read this many poems! Holy crap, poetry month is so much more of a thing than I realized.
    You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewclunn View Post
    I can't read this many poems! Holy crap, poetry month is so much more of a thing than I realized.
    You don't have to read them all just read a couple.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check our my personal blog Hidden Content

Paid a long delayed visit to an old friend, and got horridly lost in Brentwood for a while, home of 'The only way is Essex'. Good to see him, he had a really down period for a while after a family tragedy, but is writing and setting up house again with his new young lady, very positive, good to see.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

We have a Brentwood here. Very exclusive. You have to have money or you can't afford it. Those are our classes: with money, or without. there's hierarchies and levels and such. Family names are only worth what's in the bank account. I'd bump a Kennedy out of line, any day

Laying some stone at the house. It's kind of fun, like a big, giant-size puzzle with hundred pound pieces that can crush a finger or smash a foot. Worst would be to tip over into a shin. We had laborers come first day to cut, level, whack with a rented compactor, and stock. Now me and the missus are laying. Oh, my back...

After a two-day sprint of reading, I've come to learn a crucial lesson: it's never too late to start the habit of reading; don't you ever make yourself feel ashamed for not having started earlier. It doesn't matter if you started at age 5 or 55 (or even 95.) Once you start reading, you're set to go.

The same applies to writing, to be sure, but it's the reading that gave me this much-needed lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Laying some stone at the house. It's kind of fun, like a big, giant-size puzzle with hundred pound pieces that can crush a finger or smash a foot. Worst would be to tip over into a shin. We had laborers come first day to cut, level, whack with a rented compactor, and stock. Now me and the missus are laying. Oh, my back...
    "Give me a lever and a fulcrum to rest it on and I will move the earth." As one gets older one discovers a good bar goes a long way towards saving that back, no good getting older if you don't get crafty.
    It reminded me of the holidy in Turkey when we visited Ephesus. The road down to the harbour was made of marble slabs about fifteen foot square and two or three foot thick, you could see where an earthquake had lifted them a little. there were cart tracs worn in them, and I thought 'Alexander walked down here; Anthony and Cleopatra came along here to review their fleet. Wow.
    The guide was busy pointing out the 'interesting' stuff, an advertisment for a whore house carved in the pavement, that Aphrodite and Nike bared different breasts in the wall carving, while I pondered two and a bit thousand years.
    Yea, stuff the Kennedys, transients, ephemeral as any of us.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content