So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 475

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

20,000 Words.

I’ve hit 20,000 words in my fantasy.

Holy shit...

I'm tired of stupid proofing things because people don't bother to read...And wondering if it is better to be stupid and sublimely ignorant of the fact rather than having to continuously deal with the aforementioned obtuse beings. There are days I want to say fuck my IQ because the abuse it takes at the hands of the clueless can sometimes be a bit much.

It is one of those times when I feel like I need to apologise for existing because my very presence makes some individuals uncomfortable and nothing I do is right. In point of fact, it is nitpicked until even the bare bones are screaming for mercy.
    Last edited by Darkkin; April 3rd, 2018 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    I'm tired of stupid proofing things because people don't bother to read...And wondering if it is better to be stupid and sublimely ignorant of the fact rather than having to continuously deal with the aforementioned obtuse beings. There are days I want to say fuck my IQ because the abuse it takes at the hands of the clueless can sometimes be a bit much.

It is one of those times when I feel like I need to apologise for existing because my very presence makes some individuals uncomfortable and nothing I do is right. In point of fact, it is nitpicked until even the bare bones are screaming for mercy.
    My Mum had a favourite little rhyme,

See the happy moron
    He doesn't give a damn
    I wish I were a moron
    My God! Perhaps I am!

Dorothy Parker.
    Last edited by Olly Buckle; April 4th, 2018 at 09:15 PM.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    'See the happy moron
    He doesn't give a damn
    I wish I were a moron
    My God! Perhaps I am!'

by Dorothy Parker
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Today I received one of those dreaded buff envelopes from the taxman in the post, but it contained a refund cheque for £200. I must have passed GO.

(Well okay, it was actually £204.76, but that doesn't make for such a good post.)
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

I bought a 14.75 sandwich which is not terribly outrageous a' price considering the neighborhood.

Being inappropriately attired, I had phoned it in prior so I could take it to go.

A young couple got up and left from a sidewalk table as I parked and then walked in, and I noticed their mixed plate of aged cheeses, fresh strawberries, some sort of fruit looking sauce, and some other was untouched. 14-something is on the high end and I wondered at how young persons or any age persons might so lightly order and abandone untouched... 'stuff'.

Suddenly the world slowed, street sounds became muffled, the world went black, and then I had a vision of the pitchfork scythe-mob of the French Terror with the background metallic slide-singing punctuated with the ker-chunk of the guillotine. The music was so beautiful. Tears were pouring down my face- "Let them eat cake!" I shouted.
    . Scuse me...scuse me! I looked at her, aware again of the sidewalk. Could you pull your p.o.s. car forward so we could get ours out? Yes, I stammered.

Thought I'd spice it up a little, sorry. They did leave their plate untouched. Didn't make that part up. The sandwich was, uhm, good. Okay, very good.
    Last edited by Kevin; April 3rd, 2018 at 04:24 PM.

Today is as gloomy as it was yesterday, although yesterday it was ice and today it is just wet. This should be a good writing day, all cloudy but I feel as if I've been frowning since I woke up. It was dark then and hasn't lightened much by 9 a.m. The wind is howling at my poorly shuttered windows and I'm feeling like the day - cold, withdrawn and dark. Tomorrow the sun is expected but the price we pay is that the temp is nothing like spring. Spring is quite fickle after all.

When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Pic looks like a painting.

There are no in-laws / grand-parents / relatives staying at my house anymore! The holidays and visits are over for the season! No more birthdays either for a few months. It's a fucking wonderful day!
    You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    'See the happy moron
    He doesn't give a damn
    I wish I were a moron
    My God! Perhaps I am!'

by Dorothy Parker
    I am notsurprised, she was a favourite of Mum's.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content