So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 474

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Today, I went to my physio appointment only to discover I'd arrived on the wrong day. Needless to say, hubby was not best pleased so I bribed him with a pizza. After lunch we went to Lidyls (supermarket) to buy some prawns and much to my delight, as well as prawns on special offer, so were a selection of succulents (hens and chicks). Had I gone to my physio appointment on the right day, I would have missed the bargain succulents. All these for just €5. Collecting succulents and cacti is my gardening passion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sempervivum-hensandchicks_lidls.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	21234
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

PiP... my MIL did that to me, one time... She DID have an appointment.... just not at the eye doc.... lol.... but hey, she took me out for lunch, and we had a good day, too bad we missed her Dental appointment....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Totally get what everyone's saying and I agree, if an employee is taking the piss, costing the business money, they should get pulled up for it. I used to work in my family business.

In my office, it's very laid back. It's not a profit making organisation, you're allowed to web browse while you work, no one complains, you're pretty much responsible for your own workload, and everyone's happy as long as the work is done to a high standard, which it is. We regularly get kudos from the head of the department for the work we put in. And I've freely talked about writing at work with other managers in my department, who had no problem with it.

It was more the fact that the guy who had a word with my manager comes from a publishing background. He actually ran a press I submitted to and was rejected by in the past! Was just disappointing, as I've spoken to him about writing and what I'm up to, and he was always encouraging. I apologised to my boss anyway, as I could see he was embarrassed by the whole thing.
    "If at first you don't succeed, aff wi' the bunnet, and in wi' the heid." - Old Glasgow proverb.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Plastic...exactly. There is always something to do. On my first real job (a small production company) while still in college I was able to do my allotted packaging (grueling, no window, no ac) faster than others (my family does everything at double time), so instead of taking a long crap or smoke like others, I stepped in and helped others. I moved up to front office with central air. And, moved up in life, too.

Blog Entries
    I have also worked my way up through life, from part-time jobs, all the way up to management. And I never expect more out of the staff I manage than I expect out of myself. My staff see this in my work ethic and it encourages them to work harder and complete thier jobs. I also find that a happy staff means better work. But I would also be very annouyed and so would the owner to find a member of staff (manager or not) doing anyhting other than work.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Today was fine, starting back on watching what I eat, as well as exercising, tomorrow.. since I had been sick a few days ago that took me off track a bit

Today, I was working in my garden by the gate to the road, when I spotted two young girls walking up the road towards me. I was horrified as they were wearing nothing more than skimpy bikinis. And when I say skimpy - I mean skimpy string bikinis. While we live in the National Park this is a residential area not the beach. Considering the hue and cry from women about it not being okay for men to leer at them, I was surprised they were so scantily dressed on a public highway. Sigh, my husband's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw them. *laughing* I was wearing two jumpers as it was blowing a gale, the wind had an icy bite, and it was only 14C!
    Last edited by PiP; March 31st, 2018 at 12:04 AM.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonfury View Post
    Today was fine, starting back on watching what I eat, as well as exercising, tomorrow.. since I had been sick a few days ago that took me off track a bit
    Cannon, what diet are you following?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Good heavens! Young girls in skimpy bikinis on a good Friday?! Sounds absolutely... petrifying. Why... parts of me are positively petrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    . Why... parts of me are positively petrifying.
    Perish the thought!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content