So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 470

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    The Little Lady is making that horrid Corned Beef and Cabbage. Not lucky enough to miss that.
    Gift time, my missus got Meera Sodha, Made in India (cooked in Britain), an attractive book with realistic recipes from an English/Indian family Kitchen that you can find the ingredients of. We both wanted to try Indian food, as opposed to the Bangladeshi imitation that gets served in most restaurants. May not be your bag, but you get the picture?
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Went out with another couple to a cooking class. We made Vietnamese for St.Paddys. We - instructor included, as it was his first time making them- learned the rice/tapioca dumpling, which is very similar to a Guatemalen tamale- wrapped in a banana leaf - needs to steam longer than the 12 min. the recipe called for. I thought it tasted good even if slightly undercooked.
    It was nice to get out.
    We got there too early so had to kill some time at a sort-of bar nearby. I say sort-of because it was a place where it looked like a trendy bar , but most of the customers seemed to be families with small children- not a drinking place. Maybe it was because it was so early. We talked about kids transitioning to self-sufficiency, indecision, pathways to happiness or fulfillment, the fears of being failures as a parent, all of that while hearing/listening to a story about another family we know where the two boys have moved back home after graduating.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    vintage computers..i forget sometimes just how long they have been around..first one i ever used was in school were we were given a,b or c science questions to answer an we took turns to press a key..a computer to a class...never saw one until years later an i can't remember where or when it was
    First computer I used was at work in 1979. I got my first mobile phone in 1986. Took up most of my car's backseat. But, I refused to get a color TV until 1979. Had a tiny, portable black & white. Kids hated it. Had to upgrade after friends we invited over to watch Super Bowl went nuts on us. Pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by James 剣 斧 血 View Post
    Our species got a little dumber today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43396008
    Actually I think that it's more about life choices. There are probably many like Stephen in the world but they just happen to have chosen to do other things. If you read my profile you'll find that I am probably just as much a joker as Stephen ever was. For many years I have joked that Cambridge didn't need both of us and my own life choice back then resulted in us never meeting. With my current perspective on the true nature of time it is clear to me why I then chose to avoid ever having to debate with him the true nature of time by basing my decision on future knowledge about his career. I do sometimes wonder about that alternative reality where I did choose to attend Cambridge, but I suspect that it would have been a disappointment and I have never regretted my decision. In fact there is a cryptic reference to it in a piece that I wrote for WF a while back. In THIS ITEM you'll find at the end the remark "2015 calling 1962: 'Hello? Youíre wondering Ö 'Ē which is actually me advising my past self to avoid encountering Stephen by not going to Cambridge.

Ah, I could have been a contender ... but perhaps not. Let's give the man his dues, as I always have in my profile, all joking aside. The dumbest thing about humanity is our reticence to see the potential in others. It took a frail man in a wheelchair to change that forever, so overall we aren't so dumb now as we once were. There are plenty more like him just waiting for us to recognise them for what they truly are.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

The Little Lady is making that horrid Corned Beef and Cabbage. Not lucky enough to miss that.
    knew a blackpowder society guy.
    he loved the st pat sales.
    he stocked his freezer with price drop quantities.
    sliced them quarter inch thick across the grain
    and smoked them into jerky.
    some of the best jerky i've ever had.
    kept a jar in the fridge for grab-n-go
    and wax paper separated,
    brown paper wrapped batched,
    double ziplock
    stockpile in the freezer.
    good times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -xXx- View Post
    knew a blackpowder society guy.
    he loved the st pat sales.
    he stocked his freezer with price drop quantities.
    sliced them quarter inch thick across the grain
    and smoked them into jerky.
    some of the best jerky i've ever had.
    kept a jar in the fridge for grab-n-go
    and wax paper separated,
    brown paper wrapped batched,
    double ziplock
    stockpile in the freezer.
    good times.
    That is a great idea. I make jerky pretty often. It is an excellent "grab n go" snack.
    This batch of corned beef my wife got had a strong clove aftertaste. I might hit the stores in the next few days and look for some discounted corned beef. Worth a try. If nothing else, my wife and daughter will eat it.
    But first, I need to replace that starter in my truck. Wiggling around on my back elbow deep in oil and road grime. I hope the bolts break loose, and not just break.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

This batch of corned beef my wife got had a strong clove aftertaste.
    don't underestimate cracked black pepper rub.
    balances many flavors.
    won't do much for numb-tongue
    (topical anesthetic property of clove).

Olly, Iíve had those days... literally one thing after
    the other... by the time I catch my breath, I ask,
    ok whatís next? Then I say... ok thatís enough
    please stop... It can be painful, annoying, time
    consuming and draining... and yet funny. I look at
    those days like a movie. Thankfully they donít happen
    often.

Today however, itís 56 degrees and sunny. Sitting
    outside in the yard, the first greens are popping up
    out of the ground and all the birds are back singing,
    squawking, honking, cawing and cooing. No complaints
    happily... hangin out with the littlest girlie, 14 yrs old,
    deaf and partial blind gray and white shitzu.
    When she finally does see you, she gets so excited,
    wags her fluffy tail jumping like a pup.

Been rainy all day, but I got up to 16,000 words in my fantasy. Woo!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Been rainy all day, but I got up to 16,000 words in my fantasy. Woo!!
    Well done TGS that is awesome. My day has been alright, worked 12hours in a child filled play centre, with 14 parties runnning so plenty of screaming kids, my ears are still ringing. We have also had f*****g snow for the last two days and got more to expect tomorrow (thank god it's my day off) I hate snow it's cold and wet and cold. Hope everyone else's day hasn't been too bad.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.