So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 468

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Got to make a dump-run. I remember the good-ole days when you could just throw stuff in your trash can. Now everything is flippin' "hazardous waste".
    I'm also on call for material support at the 'yard. Someone needs a sheet of metal or a gasket, they call me at home. Or the dump. No relaxing with a beer, and I'm tethered to my phone. Sux.
    For the life of me, I can't understand how there are dumps that charge you to dump, then right up the block, they pay you.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    For the life of me, I can't understand how there are dumps that charge you to dump, then right up the block, they pay you.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. Although I'm pretty sure no one wants two dozen half-empty paint cans, and a gallon of dirty oil.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Yesterday it happened again, one of those weird coincidences that haunt me where I seem to have known something that I couldn't have.

As I have recently come to the end of a phase in my vintage computer reconstruction project, yesterday I decided that I ought to correct some out of date links in my much neglected website for the project. I knew that some links to documentation on other sites had become inactive because those sites had been revised. Apart from those I also have links to a vintage computer forum site in America where I post news of progress on the project. While visiting my own website to check what needed changing I used the link there to get to the American VCF site and was confused to find that there were no posts on my thread there after 2012, which was nonsense. I was planning to PM an administrator about it but discovered that none of the administrators had been on the site since 2012 either. In fact nothing at all had happened since 2012. That was when I realised what had happened. A couple of years ago the Vintage Computer Forum had merged with other such groups to form the Vintage Computer Federation with a new website moved from the old location, but that didn't explain this phantom site from 2012. I hadn't updated my website for so long that it still linked to the old site, which had been deleted long ago, so the links should have been dead, but they weren't. Anyway, I found the new site and my up to date thread and changed my website to point to it.

I seldom visit the VCF website, unlike my regular visits to WF, and when I do I never look at the new posts listing as I am only interested in a very small aspect of what's there. However, for some reason yesterday I dallied on the site and took a look at the new posts listing and found one that said that their old website had mysteriously reappeared. When I read the relevant thread, started the day before yesterday, it explained that recovery of some website had somehow accidentally restored their old site from a 2012 backup. An administrator said that they were making efforts to get the phantom site removed as people were evidently visiting it and even possibly joining it as new members! Things would get even worse once Google and other search engines found the restored old site and started listing it again. Heaven forbid that anything like that should ever happen to WF. What a mess! They also advised that anyone with a website with links still pointing to the old site should update them, but of course I'd done that just an hour before reading that thread!

If this phantom site only reappeared that recently then I chose to update my own website at exactly the right moment and also chose to look at their new posts listing at exactly the right moment, having not visited the site since last January. Some might say that that happened purely by coincidence but when added to my ever-growing list of weird coincidences in my life the odds just don't add up at all, or rather do into a ludicrously astronomical figure. In fact I think I'll just start up my infinite improbability drive and see where in the universe I end up. Look out for flying whales and pots of petunias overhead.

Engage...
    Now that's something that you don't see every day ... No, you wouldn't believe me if I told you, would you?
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Flew to Seatac from Burb. Outside, I saw we were following a chemtrail perhaps a couple hundred feet off for at least an hour. I was hoping for the wicked witch ( love that music) or perhaps a gremlin on the wing. Mm. No such luck. I did sleep a little. Poor wifey had a talkative halitosis person next to her. What do you do, trade seats? But I didn't know anyway till after. Our standard flight kits include sterilizing ( hopefully) anal-retentive hand wipes, and a green tin of Altoids. We're very particular.

vintage computers..i forget sometimes just how long they have been around..first one i ever used was in school were we were given a,b or c science questions to answer an we took turns to press a key..a computer to a class...never saw one until years later an i can't remember where or when it was
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Brought some of my home brew into work to share. One of my co-workers is divorced, and near destitute after making alimony / child support payments. I told him to grab a couple extra.
    My son is home from "mini Boot Camp" for his ROTC unit. He's tired, but it was a good experience. He's mowing the lawn before full exhaustion sets in. Smart kid.
    Now we're off to Costco. Just saw an article about stores like them selling "survival supplies" as a new trend. Pro Tip: If you're using Costco or even Amazon as your primary source for being prepared for emergencies... well... I hope your other affairs are in order. Seriously. There's more to it than tubs of food and flashlights. Me? I'm good. I'm buying salsa and tortillas.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Today, up early to pick up students @6:45 am,
    scheduled for a mock trial competition. Home by 4pm.
    Kind of interesting. My high school didn’t have
    anything like this or even a debate team...they did
    ok and head downstate soon.
    Dog sitting most of this month. This week hanging
    out with Packy. A little white fluffy Llasa with a big
    attitude, named after the Greenbay Packers.
    Sat night, quiet and comfortable.
    I wish you all the same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuesdayEve View Post
    Today, up early to pick up students @6:45 am,
    scheduled for a mock trial competition. Home by 4pm.
    Kind of interesting. My high school didnít have
    anything like this or even a debate team...they did
    ok and head downstate soon.
    Dog sitting most of this month. This week hanging
    out with Packy. A little white fluffy Llasa with a big
    attitude, named after the Greenbay Packers.
    Sat night, quiet and comfortable.
    I wish you all the same.
    Sounds like a great day Tuesday, I have been at home, hanging out on here writing poetry which has been fun, now watching basketball with the other half, a nice night in.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Went to Hollywood to watch Death Of Stalin.

Brits, everybody ( the cast) was a Brit (well, just about) and I remember thinking as a boy that Romans spoke with British accents (think I was watching I, Claudius, or ??) I as'ed me dad abou it. Couldn't wrap my head around that Romans must've spoken more like "...a-bippity-bop-pity, boo-pity. Raviolio!"

Anyway... I couldn't help but admire the Zuchov character, hero of ... Macho a-hole, but the only one who gets to give Beria a tiny bit of what he deserved.
    And I couldn't also help but think about the modern 'leftists/activists' and their tactic of no discussion. The movie was all about political non-commitment, not until you're absolutely sure what the precise group pc at the moment is (the consequences of sticking ones neck out too soon).
    The history may or may not be exact but the gist of what totalitarianism actually is, is. I laughed some, but gd what a dark time in history. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Went to Hollywood to watch Death Of Stalin.

Brits, everybody ( the cast) was a Brit (well, just about) and I remember thinking as a boy that Romans spoke with British accents (think I was watching I, Claudius, or ??) I as'ed me dad abou it. Couldn't wrap my head around that Romans must've spoken more like "...a-bippity-bop-pity, boo-pity. Raviolio!"

Anyway... I couldn't help but admire the Zuchov character, hero of ... Macho a-hole, but the only one who gets to give Beria a tiny bit of what he deserved.
    And I couldn't also help but think about the modern 'leftists/activists' and their tactic of no discussion. The movie was all about political non-commitment, not until you're absolutely sure what the precise group pc at the moment is (the consequences of sticking ones neck out too soon).
    The history may or may not be exact but the gist of what totalitarianism actually is, is. I laughed some, but gd what a dark time in history. I liked it.
    but was it funny.....
    The only one who can heal you is you.