So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 466

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Kevin,

I'm semi-retired, but the major part of my business I still do is collect the dough. Luckily, I don't sound like I look, old and short. But, like a good Detroiter, I know people who know people. Smiles. Sas
    Last edited by sas; February 26th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Need sleep. Can't though...
    You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

Just found some cool old wax at the Goodwill. That's getting harder and harder with all the nouvelle hipsters ripping at the records like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.
    Anyway, I found Steve Goodman, Pete Seeger and a couple Hoyt Axton. If you never heard of them, no worries. Ask your parents. Or perhaps your grandparents.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Blog Entries
    I released all of the aggression I had pent up in the short time sas was bothering me, and I feel satisfied.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Blog Entries
    Kay.

EDIT - OH, btw, be sure to check back if you haven't already. ^_~
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Did my taxes. Owe a number that's... sizeable. Good thing I saved.
    You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

My day? At my age now just a day is hardly worth a mention, so I'll just mention the current state of my life regardless of exactly when that came about. In fact I have very recently (within the last couple of days even) completed an important chapter in my WIP, which has almost nothing to do with writing (except insofar as I'm mentioning it here in writing of course. Er, I'm digressing now, aren't I? That's what I tend to do between chapters in my life though. Oh, now I'm doing it again. Back to the plot ... hopefully.)

I have just finished (in a sense -- No, I won't digress to explain that now though.) building the main memory unit for my replica 1960's computer. (If you wish to digress at this point then take a look at my website http://honeypi.org.uk. That will save me the trouble of doing so as I haven't updated it in years.) I conceived that project in 2010 but at that time didn't have the right magnetic core memories to build the machine, so shelved the project with the heartfelt desire remaining that I would find the right memories somewhere in the future. Apparently the connection between the unconscious mind and the heart is all too real and nostalgia a powerful emotion to boot, (Whatever boots have to do with it though I don't know.) so at the beginning of 2011 I started writing my unintended and hence entirely unexpected novel, which explored the possibility of acquiring memories or indeed any information from the future, at first only in my fiction but then to my great surprise in my real life. That is another chapter in my life that has recently ended as my novel effectively predicted that I would spend the next six years from 2012 to 2017 doing the research needed for the novel that I had already written! Last year I had experiences that confirmed that to be true, at least to my mind, so I am reasonably sure that that surreal chapter is also ended.

So, here I am at the end of two mysteriously linked chapters in two quite distinct enterprises in my life. Even the fact that both have ended so close together seems odd to me, almost as though they had been planned that way ... (Only my mind is digressing here.) As ever I am now wondering what to do next, to move on with the next phase of my Honey Pi computer project or to start (yet again for the umpteenth time actually) writing the true story about how I wrote an apparently impossible novel. Those who know just what is entailed in my computer project consider that equally to be a virtually impossible task, but nevertheless I have succeeded in completing the first stage of that, so the odds there are shortening just as the odds of the strange experiences surrounding my novel seemed to. All I can do now is wait for my evidently timeless muse to guide me to my next task and in the meantime catch up with a few more posts in WF. So now you know my real reason for writing this post. I'm just waiting for inspiration. Evidently, some would say no doubt.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    It's awfully cold - even for the season
    Just came home from my evening walk in a deepfrozen state, and will shortly brew a warm, nice mug of 'vin chaud' or spiced wine, as you may call it.
    Basically it's warm red wine added some spices as cinnamon, ginger, muscade, clou, and black pepper - together with some sweet matter as brown sugar or honey
    Mmmmmumms - try it
    (and it's good for your health)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vin chaud.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	20931
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Madam bobo,
    enjoy.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.