So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 464

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    When I was going to high school, it was common for students to drive to school in a pickup with rifles on a gun rack in the rear window. One difference being there were far fewer students (those with issues were easily recognized), and there was much less of a divide between the haves and have-nots. I might even say it was a more respectful atmosphere, with exceptions being frowned upon, but thatís hard to quantify. At the same time there was evidence of divides, some blatant like signs in the window of some businesses to the effect, ďNo Dogs, No Injuns.Ē

Itís only going to get worse with increasing population, an ever increasing divide between the haves and have-nots, and more prominent lack of empathy in the haves. Think about the difference in the meaning of insecurity relative to haves and have-nots, and how the divide is increasing.

But one example is our countryís leadership pursuing a course where many with existing mental health conditions have access to firearms, but not healthcare. Itís not profitable for the haves to care for the have-nots. Where individual material gain is the corner stone of a culture, the divides will increase until the consequences are harmful to all.

Though we stick our heads in the sand, assuring ourselves we have superior intelligence, we are simply another life form in adaptive evolutionís course. That is, we have the same inherent behavioral tendencies as all life forms in a natural world model of life fueled by life. I wonít go on with the ample evidence, but read the following BBC article and think about the disguised parallels.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/18035811

Though some would wish it so, peace and love is no more than a subjective desire in the natural order. On the other hand, respectful coexistence with all life forms (not just with each other), would go a long way towards improving quality of life and longevity.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

In the supermarket today there was nothing in the fruit dept. that was not wrapped up in plastic, there is usually a box of apples orsatsumas or something, but I guess I was a bit late and they had all gone. There was nothing to buy in the whole fruit aisle which did not come with a bit of plastic, WHY ?

You can'tbuy potatos unless they are in a plastic bag, plastic bags make potatos go soft and mushy. When I was a kid my mum had an old shopping bag for the veg, the greengrocer put in a sheet of old newspaper and then poured in the spuds, the other veg went on top, bread came wrappedin a piece of tissue paper, fish and chips in newspaper, fish and chips comeon a plastic tray now, with a plastic forkif you don't refuse it.

Plastic manufacturers should be coated with a well flammable variety and burnt at the stake, just an opinion.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

i was afraid you were going to say
    there was no produce.
    both ways, i haz a sad.

Ran across this, which reminds me there's plenty of blame to go around in our human bubble

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27858783_10209689266543468_1545520951110324158_n.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	20844

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    In the supermarket today there was nothing in the fruit dept. that was not wrapped up in plastic, there is usually a box of apples orsatsumas or something, but I guess I was a bit late and they had all gone. There was nothing to buy in the whole fruit aisle which did not come with a bit of plastic, WHY ?

You can'tbuy potatos unless they are in a plastic bag, plastic bags make potatos go soft and mushy. When I was a kid my mum had an old shopping bag for the veg, the greengrocer put in a sheet of old newspaper and then poured in the spuds, the other veg went on top, bread came wrappedin a piece of tissue paper, fish and chips in newspaper, fish and chips comeon a plastic tray now, with a plastic forkif you don't refuse it.

Plastic manufacturers should be coated with a well flammable variety and burnt at the stake, just an opinion.
    It's convenience gone mad and I DO think that in many cases it's plastic for plastic's sake. It was good to see in the news that one huge £multi-billion company ( who's name escapes me right now, how embarrassing ) has come out against plastic food packaging.

I DO/HOPE that brexit might free, embolden, our politicians to make changes here.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    My day has been quite nice, relaxed with no work. And an added bonus of ordering a keyboard for my tablet, whoop whoop, this means I can do more on here, even when I can't get on the main computer. So excited it is due to arrive tomorrow, thank god for one day shipping and best of all it lights up...Yeyyy for rainbow colours.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Recovering from a bad chest cold (pneumonia?). My wife was crying again because her sisters are jerks. The kids left the house a mess because I was in no shape to clean up, like I normally do.
    I wish I wasn't here. But I don't feel like being anywhere else.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Ordered some books yesterday for competency in English and how to write conflict for stories specifically. I wish I could learn poetry, but it seems difficult to express myself and follow the conventions of writing poetry. I have more than 5 poetry books and none seem to communicate how to write poetry including one recommended to me (the ode less traveled by Stephen Fry).

Sadly enough in April, is when I should have my writing software. But I have no complaints since I do it for fun. That and my sickness prevents me from having a job.

Here's a bizarre occurrence though. The last story I workshopped here was riddled with errors of pov. But got accepted from a previous draft (I think it has fewer errors). I got an acceptance letter. I am skeptical though because the feedback here said it was not ready. If it gets published I will leave a link. But that won't be for a while. I might need help editing it if it does though. I think it would be worth it. It's an anthology and they pay 5 cents a word.

Like I said I will share the good news if it makes it in their book anthology. I hope it gets published. I was surprised. I genuinely accept any criticism and this is just me saying it could happen to anyone.

Also an American rhetoric I ordered, and a second book on the subject on how to construct sentences and paragraphs.

So like I said I know people have good intentions, but maybe the editors liked how light-hearted the story was.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Blog Entries
    I got 666 posts today. My next stop is 1337.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmOvPain View Post
    I got 666 posts today. My next stop is 1337.
    1337, The Black Prince made Duke of Cornwall. Not a great year for literature. They started the hundred years war.

I priced my bookat £6.66p, but with lulu discount you can get it for a fiver.

I just noticed the post count, 10,666, think @ill edit rather thn post
    Last edited by Olly Buckle; February 22nd, 2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content