So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 463

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I never, ever hit my children. Let's compare.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    They beat my arse with a cane in school, probably why I am so foul.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post

Both my kids were spanked...both received whatever discipline they needed to alter their behavior.

Both of them are "exceptional" people who stand out in a crowd as being leaders, as kind and compassionate. Both would jump in harms way to save another. I have raised two of the finest adults I know. Both are in their mid to late thirties, both have proved themselves under duress and temptation.

Waiting patiently, to post small excerpts of work. I did some research on writing stories, and style, and grammar. Might subscribe to scribophile, at some point to beta-read. Until I am confident of my grammar skills.

If given a choice I would never hit children if needing to correct. But then again, I believe in going to a psychologist which can be worth it in the end.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Ive hit my kids after counting to three one finger two fingers three
    no matter what or where
    short sharp smack While extollng i hate doing this you dont like it either
    never hit angry it was attention getting not pain delivery
    on ocassion my first overly religious wife would demand that i not spare the rod
    i would take my kids next door with a cane hit my own leg and tell them to scream blue murder and run in tears to there room Say sorry after etc etc
    my first wife was crazy in nicest terms we all ran away when my three kids were 8 10and 12 and i was solo parent from then
    indifferent counting Cause and consequence No drama
    no johnny No johnny no johnny oh i hate that your word counts
    sun tzu art of war
    if a general gives an instruction and its not followed he must verify the subordinate heard understood etc
    if a third instruction is needed it is now rebellion
    final with older daughter Theres nothing you can do to me etc etc
    we both fully clothed arrived in shower
    she was still telling me how important she was
    that was till i turned on the shower on full cold on both of us
    wahoo the screams
    We got an understanding
    i got wet too but cause and consequence
    letting people away with things is stupid
    Dont play with fire johnny
    nuh show them fire is not their play friend
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    They beat my arse with a cane in school, probably why I am so foul.
    Lol!

Got that T-Shirt.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I think the physical punishment side might be a red herring, what really counts is that someone cares. If you get beaten as I was at school, 'He did that three times, we hit him six times, that's the rule' it does not mean much, the sort of thing Gofa talks about is somuch more than simply a mechanical punishment, it is an interaction where the child knows the adult cares. If you can get that across without a physical side I think it does the job, on the other hand I have met kids from homes where they knew social workers didn't really care, because they wouldn't even give you a slap if you were out of order. Not so much how you care, as that you care. Once this is understood the physical can be reduced to zero, it doesn't help either party feel better in the long run.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

The best form of rebellion I ever learned was at Catholic boys camp. There to maintain order the brothers would smack us with a ruler. I did not happen often, but when it did.

With a smile "Brother, I will take another." Some of the most powerful words I have ever spoken!

My stomach hole is getting progressively smaller and smaller — I can barely see it now.

I’m also a bit sad that it’s only now I’m starting to crack hole-related jokes:

• I feel hole-y. <angelic choir>

The Battle Hymn of the Hole:
    -> Hole-y, Hole-y, I gotta hoo-ole
    -> Holey, Hole-y, I gotta hoo-ole
    -> Holey, hole-y, I got a hoo-ole
    -> It’s a frickin’ hole!

• For those who watch Team Four Star’s Dragonball Abridged: “Dang it, Goku! You had one job, deflect that beam and now I have a f***ing hole in my chest!!

• ???