So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 462

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    is it just white people that kill people like this.....
    Statistically, yes. And, male. Usually young. Usually losers. A gun is their penis. It used to be a fast car.

There are over 8 MILLION AR-15 rifles in America. I don't know why we have so many deer. Oh, they are to slaughter our dear children. Those guns are meant to kill people, many of them in seconds.

Blog Entries
    That's what comes out of bringing more children into an overpopulated world !!
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Statistically, yes. And, male. Usually young. Usually losers. A gun is their penis. It used to be a fast car.

There are over 8 MILLION AR-15 rifles in America. I don't know why we have so many deer. Oh, they are to slaughter our dear children. Those guns are meant to kill people, many of them in seconds.

i never delv into these tragic events but it seems to be white YA from families who live in an afluent part of town in what looks like places you would send your kids to school...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post

The sad part is, historically, the mass murderers and serial killers in America were white guys. Jeez, what the hell? D:< I like your statement — gun=penis=power.

But yeah, the fact the government is OK with us apparently building an armory of military-grade weaponry is asinine. For God’s sake, why does the average citizen need that?

The irony is that our American Congress, which is heavily funded by the NRA, might find themselves soon in the crosshairs of those 8 million AR-15s, as they continue to line the pockets of the very rich, neglecting education and social systems, even its citizens healthcare that facilitate the growth of the middle class. In fact, for the first time here, the middle class is falling backward; the gap between the top and the bottom is widening, and at a rapid pace. It is the middle class, or the possibility of their children attaining it, that prevents anarchy in society. It is called Hope. Anyone see Hope, anywhere?

And, for the record. My family is monied. All of them. With businesses. These Trump tax changes are fantastic...for us and him. But, not at the expense of others. We would never vote for this self-absorbed sociopath. We know that lasting strength and security come from everyone having Hope.

Here's a story those of us in Motor City, Detroit, know. Mitt Romney's father (Mitt just ran for President), was George Romney. He was Chairman and President of American Motors (he became a Republican Governor of Michigan). When offered a huge raise at AMC, he declined it, saying the disparity between his salary and the pay of their workers would be too great and wrong. That is how another generation thought. His son, trust me, would do no such thing. Why? Mitt knew no hardships (big silver spoon created zero empathy). His father, George, never got a college degree, worked many jobs during the depression, worked his way up through the classes. He knew what work was. Remember that when Mitt tries for the Presidency again. He ain't his father. I liked his father.

I recently put a poem into workshop group about my father. I wrote it so my privileged family knows what real damn work is. Few in power know it.

Here is Link to how much each NRA supported member of America's Congress gets. They are praying for more. The more kids slaughtered, the more the NRA pumps out to them.

Read below about them on their knees praying. Then see how much each one gets. Time to get off our knees and stand the fuck up!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000003

If there are 18.5 millon automatic rifles and they get used like this ten times a year (I don't know the actual number) the vast majority of owners must be reasonably responsible.
    My feeling is that if people want to kill, they will, they will use knives, swords, ceramic blades, whatever it takes. The trick is not to remove the means of killing, but the desire to kill. That is much harder because to deal with something requires understanding it, and most people are sohorrified at the idea of mass child deaths they have no desire to consider it deeply, let alone understand. That of course is just the beginning, one has to act on the understanding. Just for once I was not against the attitude of Trump when he talked about mental health rather than disarmament, but he probably did it for horrible reasons
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Olly,

There are over 8 Million AR-15s here. Other guns everywhere. Stuffed in suburban mother's bras now. And having that many guns out there with the capacity to kill hundreds in minutes is outrageous. Perhaps you should move here. Heard they use cars & knives a lot by you. Take a look at how many kids have gone down by gunfire just this year here. OH, BTW, AS I WRITE THIS, A COLLEGE IN SEATTLE HAS AN ACTIVE SHOOTER. HOPE THEY'RE WRONG AND THAT HE'S GOT A KNIFE. STAB, STAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    If there are 18.5 millon automatic rifles and they get used like this ten times a year (I don't know the actual number) the vast majority of owners must be reasonably responsible.
    My feeling is that if people want to kill, they will, they will use knives, swords, ceramic blades, whatever it takes. The trick is not to remove the means of killing, but the desire to kill. That is much harder because to deal with something requires understanding it, and most people are sohorrified at the idea of mass child deaths they have no desire to consider it deeply, let alone understand. That of course is just the beginning, one has to act on the understanding. Just for once I was not against the attitude of Trump when he talked about mental health rather than disarmament, but he probably did it for horrible reasons

My wife works with the Guidance Department at the local high school. From listening to stories I would blame a total lack of discipline in the school system for most of the problems we are encountering with the young people who think it is a good idea to shoot up a school and kill innocent people.

We have tied the hands of our educators so they can no longer discipline kids from the time they enter they system at 5 years old and then leave at 18. They grow up realizing there are no consequences for their actions, worse than that they realize that if they were disciplined they could sue the school and the teacher.

This is not rocket science, it is cause an effect. Teach kids that they can play a game and there are no winners or losers. Put them in an environment were feelings, not results matter. Let them say what they want, do what they want and this is what you get.

We didn't have this crap years ago, when a kids got spanked when they did something wrong, punished by the school and the parents, and they both supported each other in the quest to raise kids that knew right from wrong and to be responsible.

Can you tell me what the goal is of the schools today?

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post

We didn't have this crap years ago, when a kids got spanked when they did something wrong, punished by the school and the parents, and they both supported each other in the quest to raise kids that knew right from wrong and to be responsible.
    Agree. My kids must be the last generation to receive proper discipline: Actions had consequences and parents, teachers and police still had kids respect. We had winners and losers. You learned how to win and accept defeat with dignity.

I must congratulate the politically correct, easily offended, Nanny State brigade for building a brave new world
    Last edited by PiP; February 16th, 2018 at 10:53 PM.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content