So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 461

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Yesterday may have been productive, at least in getting a BIL to avoid me.

He was bending my ear about something he saw on the only news channel he watches. I don't watch TV, and especially not the propaganda the political parties engage in, so it was a bit annoying at best. Smiling, I said, "Sounds like a blast from past intake, and a wet one at that." After his wife explained what I said to him, they left without saying goodbye.

The remainder of the day passed uneventfully and pleasurably, with my nose in a good book.

If more read widely they might come to the realization:
    "The only thing new is the history you don't know." ~ Harry S. Truman

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

The Awkward Moment When...

Your Godmother gives you two fantasy books (in a series) for your birthday and just by reading the blurb, you know they’re bad. Basically...

• The story is about a girl named Vasilisa who can see things no one else can, namely the demons of Russian myths (such as one named Frost, a blue-eyed winter demon who jumps and absconds with wayward souls.) Her foster mother is strict and harsh, wanting to basically beat her ‘gift’ into submission and groom her for either marriage or a covenant.

• The second is about her rejecting marriage and a covenant, disguising herself as a boy and riding off (on her horse named Solovey) to join the Grand Prince’s inner circle (after proving herself to him in the first book.) As she mingles with the Russian elite, with Frost providing council, she discovers an even greater threat that might destroy Moscow, if not Russia in its entirety.

And that awkward moment you learn that it received rave reviews!

It happens to many who don't know enough about the hobby of someone's interests. But maybe you can read them to see if you can write them better.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

At 1:40am this morning, I removed the turkey breast
    from the oven, ooops.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    The Awkward Moment When...

Your Godmother gives you two fantasy books (in a series) for your birthday and just by reading the blurb, you know they’re bad. Basically...

• The story is about a girl named Vasilisa who can see things no one else can, namely the demons of Russian myths (such as one named Frost, a blue-eyed winter demon who jumps and absconds with wayward souls.) Her foster mother is strict and harsh, wanting to basically beat her ‘gift’ into submission and groom her for either marriage or a covenant.

• The second is about her rejecting marriage and a covenant, disguising herself as a boy and riding off (on her horse named Solovey) to join the Grand Prince’s inner circle (after proving herself to him in the first book.) As she mingles with the Russian elite, with Frost providing council, she discovers an even greater threat that might destroy Moscow, if not Russia in its entirety.

And that awkward moment you learn that it received rave reviews!
    I dunno, man. Those sounds pretty good.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

It is early morning. I cannot bring myself to, yet again, hear some penis brain say, on the news, the solution to all our massacres is that we need more guns! We need guns in every school; we need to be able to swagger through the halls waving them like dicks on display. We need guns that can fire hundreds of rounds! Hell, let's mandate a gun in every child's backpack. America has gone insane. Bullets are our business. Oh, Canada, don't let America infect you. Build a wall!

I’m laughing...at the truth of it...the news reported last
    night law enforcement’s tactics have changed since
    Columbine, instead of setting up a perimeter, clearing
    by room by room they now focus directly on the location
    of the shots/shooter....while I’m extremely grateful to
    first responders, I can’t help but wonder, what took so
    long..

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    It happens to many who don't know enough about the hobby of someone's interests. But maybe you can read them to see if you can write them better.
    True. At least I can learnwhat not
    to do. :3

Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    I dunno, man. Those sounds pretty good.
    Eh, to each their own. :3 Maybe it's not to my liking, but you might like it. They're both by Katherine Arden. First book is The Bear and the Nightingale. The second is The Girl in the Tower​. :3 Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    It is early morning. I cannot bring myself to, yet again, hear some penis brain say, on the news, the solution to all our massacres is that we need more guns! We need guns in every school; we need to be able to swagger through the halls waving them like dicks on display. We need guns that can fire hundreds of rounds! Hell, let's mandate a gun in every child's backpack. America has gone insane. Bullets are our business. Oh, Canada, don't let America infect you. Build a wall!
    Some years ago I drew a political cartoon and submitted it to a newspaper. It was a depiction of an infant in a crib with an AK47 lying beside it. The caption read "Give your children a sense of security." They never printed it.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

is it just white people that kill people like this.....
    The only one who can heal you is you.