So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 457

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I start 5 February. Doin's in Redmond is the week prior. I did paperwork today ... lots of it.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Blog Entries
    I just finished rewatching Full Metal Panic! seasons 1 - 3.

Season 4 is a decade late, but it's finally upon us April 2018.

I am SO ready.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Hidden Content

My son (the youngest, the brain surgery survivor) is in the hospital. They are keeping him overnight. I'm not particularly interested in thoughts or prayers, but what I am interested in is being able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour (which is obviously not happening at the moment -- usually I've been asleep at least an hour by now). No diagnosis at this time. I'm not even certain of all the symptoms (he's an adult so my option not to helicopter means he informed me he needed to see someone and astroandy took him because it's dark and icy outside). So I'll be poking around here for the next while (and googling Alexander Scourby reading the begats -- that should be boring enough to knock me out).

ETA:

Second edit: It's treat and release -- he's coming home with written instructions and I'll know more when they return. He was rehydrated and stuff.
    Last edited by aj47; January 18th, 2018 at 07:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm officially in love with this chick I've been courting as of today.
    My favorite word in the English language is "shenanigans." My favorite thing to do is cause them.

Smoke weed everyday.

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Nice one R.O.P. enjoy.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Hormones, Nature's gift or carrot on a stick?

Relocating snow this morning, from the last 24 hours of snowfall. Gonna need a longer nap this afternoon.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Looking for dyslexia writing centers online. Hopefully I pay to get access to one. I am tired from correcting my work. Maybe I need to learn basic skills. But I need to consult first. None of these services usually are too cheap. However I finished proofreading something long, but need to fix this problem. I'm thinking of using one of those question websites with experts on the panel, and I ask them what services are available for someone such as myself with dyslexia. I know I have to work at executive dysfucntion. Because I was told I was diagnosed with that.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; January 19th, 2018 at 04:44 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    Looking for dyslexia writing centers online. Hopefully I pay to get access to one. I am tired from correcting my work. Maybe I need to learn basic skills. But I need to consult first. None of these services usually are too cheap. However I finished proofreading something long, but need to fix this problem. I'm thinking of using one of those question websites with experts on the panel, and I ask them what services are available for someone such as myself with dyslexia. I know I have to work at executive dysfucntion. Because I was told I was diagnosed with that.

FYI: I am following your comments, as my 12 year old granddaughter has dyslexia. I don't like to say IS dyslexic because I feel then that dyslexia defines her. I did see on-line something called Dyslexic Advantage (?). It talked and demonstrated about how dyslexic brains are wired differently. It showed advantages for dyslexics who are able to connect more diverse things/concepts than the ordinary (smiles) brain, which is why they are usually more creative. They mentioned Einstein and Leonardo de Vinci, as dyslexic. I question how they could possibly know. Here's an advantage we discovered: When the family plays scrabble, we can put her at the end of the table where the board is only seen upside down. She won last time. I would need to get up and walk around the table to play well. I've quite an ordinary brain.

Please keep posting if you find useful tools. I'll do the same. Thanks and thumbs up. Sas

Yesterday was my last day aged 72. It didn't feel any different to the day before nor does today feel any different except that this morning we had a frost instead of rain. I wrote some more of a novel I'd left stewing for 4 months and during our dogs' evening walk on the Minnis, we heard the heartrending screams of a small animal taken by an unseen predator of some kind. Distressing in spite of telling myself I could do nothing to prevent it nor should I. This morning I spent thanking FB family and friends for their birthday wishes, face-timed one son in Wellington NZ and another in Poughkeepsie NY so I'm now feeling good.
    topcol

My son is back in the hospital ... the rehydration was apparently only part of the issue. He's an adult and politely asked me to not post details (it's why I'm not supposed to say his name anymore either). I'm unhappy they sent him home, but apparently one of the tests was a false negative. He's doing better, but will be there for a few days. I had to buy him slippers because he has huge feet and the rubber socks they have are not sufficient to his needs.