So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 421

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

My Day:

Met with a new Detroit writers group today. Think I'll fit in as it is a very eclectic (hope eccentric, too) group. A little of everyone. Seem talented. Smiles. sas

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    My Day:

Met with a new Detroit writers group today. Think I'll fit in as it is a very eclectic (hope eccentric, too) group. A little of everyone. Seem talented. Smiles. sas

OH, I think you will fit in just fabulously... and if they are NOT eccentric, they will be ... they are lucky to have you.... I expect you to keep me posted... please...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

I think most people are more shocked by how the people die, the easy access to guns etc. But there is genuine empathy and compassion for the victims as well. It is humanity responding to humanity. I don’t find it difficult to feel concern for people outside of my little corner. I even cry at movies. Every tragedy, there is no small tragedy, is equally painful.
    May we be true to both divinely implanted impulses—the yearning for God, and the hunger for knowledge—and know they are the same. John Keats

Hope everyone is well. I had a pretty good day today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebald View Post
    Hope everyone is well. I had a pretty good day today.
    Cat. 2 Hurricane Nate is coming toward me.

My angel offered to buy me a mobile phone for my imminent birthday as I have never owned one, almost always being with her and seldom wanting to talk to anyone else. I almost exclusively use online facilities through WiFi networks to communicate remotely with other people, so I have no specific reason to incorporate a mobile phone into my extensive digital technology. In fact she has herself considered emailing me instead of talking just to get a written record of what we discuss and agree because we seem to disagree about it later more frequently nowadays. There is something to be said for discussions that have textual transcripts and timestamps. Regardless of whether this trend indicates that one of us is getting senile, I did think that as I am now in my seventies there may be the odd occasion when a basic pay-as-you-go mobile phone might prove useful.

Anyway, she left me to choose a phone and order it online, which I did today. During that process I was filling in my personal details on the website and then got to a question "Mobile Phone Number". Er, but ...
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Pretty stressful. Got 40 hours to finish researching for and start writing and completing this 2000 word essay. ~_~

Aight, change of plans for my fantasy: Mishu Jerni is not an orphan, she has parents and she lives with them by the docks in the capital.

Nitro is running on my PICC and I'm killing brain cells streaming Mysterious Cities of Gold​.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Nitro is running on my PICC and I'm killing brain cells streaming Mysterious Cities of Gold​.
    Well, perhaps between the two, you are in balance.