So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 416

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Sitting in the bus, hot and humid in the shade, fan on, waiting for the high school golf team to finish 18 holes.
    Lotz of time to read WF and play word games, not a bad afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TuesdayEve View Post
    Sitting in the bus, hot and humid in the shade, fan on, waiting for the high school golf team to finish 18 holes.
    Lotz of time to read WF and play word games, not a bad afternoon.
    That will be a looong wait! I hope we can keep you entertained.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check our my personal blog Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Converting a half-dozen cassette tapes I got from Goodwill. Analog to digital on my computer. Found one from Benny Hill (yes, THAT Benny Hill) called "Words and Music". This should be interesting.

Also, wrapping up my (failed) brewing experiment. Tried to brew a home-made mead using baking yeast and rice water. The concoction tasted like seltzer, bitter and sour. On the bright side, I bet the stuff is healthy as hec for ya, with the honey and ginger I used. Low alcohol content. Baking yeast has little tolerance, and dies at minimal alcohol levels. I think it'll make a good base for a green tea drink. It was fun.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Yes Pip... been entertained since I joined... love the word games!! Am reading more now than I ever have.
    Currently reading past winners of monthly challenges as well as new posts... for the first time, not kidding, reading is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Wait, why didn't he get the vaccine? Isn't that one of the earliest medical stuff babies get? Sorry to hear that -- if it's of any comfort, he'll not get it again once it clears up.
    The vax is typically given at the one-year appointment -- he'll be eleven months this week. It's one of those things.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

So yesterday we drove home some 200 miles from our five day break and had the inevitable pile of washing to do. At about 8:15 this morning our water supply cut off, which did not please my angel at all. After four hours without water I did all the things recommended on the water company's website, which included asking our neighbours whether their water supplies were working, which strangely they were. There are only a few yards of pipe between our house and the main pipe in the road, so this was very odd. I phoned the company's emergency number and they agreed that it was odd and said they'd send a man round this afternoon. At 1:15, exactly five hours after the water cut off, it suddenly came back on, so I phoned the company again and they agreed with me that this was very strange and told me to let them know if it happens again in the future. Our neighbour, who looks after our cats while we are away, told us that during another of our holidays she had found that our water supply wasn't working when hers was.

Our house is semi-detached, so directly connected to our neighbour's. Next door to us on the other side is another pair of semi-detached houses and the stop-cock for the nearest is only a couple of yards from ours under the pavement at the end of our adjoining drives. The water supply to both of those houses also wasn't interrupted. It seems very peculiar to us that our house is connected to a different main supply pipe from the other three. Our neighbour offered to give us a bucket of water if the problem continued, but it occurs to me that if the reverse situation occurs and our house is the only one with water, then we will have neighbours queueing up for water. The other possibility is that all four houses are somehow connected to different main pipes in some strange contingency arrangement to ensure that someone in each road always has water even if some don't. However, the estate was built in the 1960's and even the water company don't appear to know how any of it works. We've only lived in the house for 46 years, so can hardly be expected to know all about such details yet, but we're evidently learning.

It's enough to drive a person to drink ... probably not water though.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    Sound terribly French !!
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Sunday, so we splurged on home-baked cinnamon rolls. Tested and ran our generator, now that the weather is turning. My wife made a new batch of laundry soap.
    I'm off to gas-up the truck and fill our extra cans while my wife bottles the soap. Later, I'll package our garden seeds for next year.
    Then, it's my daughter's and nephew's birthday party (they were born five days apart). With Take and Bake pizza. Yum.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Blog Entries
    Nice one Winston, enjoy.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Sunday, so we splurged on home-baked cinnamon rolls. Tested and ran our generator, now that the weather is turning. My wife made a new batch of laundry soap.
    I'm off to gas-up the truck and fill our extra cans while my wife bottles the soap. Later, I'll package our garden seeds for next year.
    Then, it's my daughter's and nephew's birthday party (they were born five days apart). With Take and Bake pizza. Yum.

Sounds like you have a jam packed day today. What seeds are you bagging up? (if you don't mind me asking, I enjoy growing different things is all.)
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.