So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 415

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Went and saw the fight last Saturday. Ppv..
    It was GGG ( Gennady Golovkin) vs. Canelo Alvarez. Canelo means 'cinnamon ' in Jalisco ( not sure about Castille). He is freckled and red haired and looks Scottish. Golovkin is from Kazahkstan, green eyes, light brown hair, moley.
    Pre-fight, for me, it was nearly as interesting as the fight between Zan Judah and Kostya Tzu.

We had to go to the local AMC to watch it on the big screen which is something I had never done but I guess has been done ever since Don King began ppv back in the time of Ali.
    It's the first time I didn't shut off my cell, didn't worry about talking/ making noise in the movie theater while the show was on.
    No fist-fights broke out in the audience and I was surprised that most of the fans seemed to be pro-Golovkin, considering the demographics of where I live.

The fight was a draw in case anyone cares.

The Kazahk people are descended from steppe nomads, a mix of Mongol and mostly Turkic, with some elements of Scythe (Iranian nomad) , and later Russian ( Slavic) influence. You can see it in their faces. Canelo is puro-Mexicano which means anyone born and raised in Mexico (not limited to indigenes blooded). His head is rather blockish in shape which is supposed to be a trait of real Mexicans ( as opposed to roundheads or long heads?) but he looks puro north europeano to me. Undele Guey ( wey)...it was a good fight.

Interesting observations Kevin. I haven't watched boxing since Joe Louis, and that was in grainy black and white My year in a parochial school (what an absurd gas) included Golden Gloves prep. Good thing I had quick reflexes, cause my skull wasn't thick enough

Oh, and Winston, I meant to include a relevant snippet from the book I'm rewriting and illustrating.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CEreSnippetAd08.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	19579

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Ran across this today, do you remember it? I try not to dwell on it, but it seems to me we've gone downhill from there. I can"t for the life of me understand how so many say they love their children and grandchildren, yet keep on doing so little for the world they will have to get by in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=ZwMVMbmQBug

It is the best movie scene!! The only ones mad as hell are the lunatics with their lunatic agendas. Those with rational brains think "the other guy" will make it right, or show up to vote, or even, pick up a can.

This is a true story honest.... funny thing happened on the bus Friday
    Girls tennis on the bus...singing, screaming, laughing freshman
    In the back of the bus hanging out the window, a large girl 200 lbs plus
    Long dark thick hair tied in a poneytail frizzing from the rain
    I could hear her distinctive voice from the rear of the bus as we drove back to school due to rain
    She would yell as the other girls sang just to be heard
    Her voice carried a gutteral sound that punctuated the chorus of the song on the radio

They began to settle in playing games and posting on Facebook
    Feet on the seats, heads bowed towards the white light of their cell phones, so did Ella
    Arriving at school, everyone gathered their backpacks and tennis rackets single filling down the aisle
    Ella was at the back of the line....saying good bye, smilling at each girl looking in their eyes through the large overhead mirror...they all said thank you and disposed of their wrappers in the trash can
    Ella was last.... catching a glimpse of her I noticed something in her nose
    Hanging from her right nostril...a string?
    She had a nose bleed
    It was a tampax

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    It is the best movie scene!! The only ones mad as hell are the lunatics with their lunatic agendas. Those with rational brains think "the other guy" will make it right, or show up to vote, or even, pick up a can.
    Yes sas, I won't add my take of the fat cats pulling the strings, nor the wannabes that follow them. Why I've taken to writing hopefully interesting ecolit, trying to get through to those that possibly have a grain of sense. I get that Red Foxx feeling ("this is the big one") when I think of all the things we're doing to shorten our existence. Still some get annoyed at me questioning how much they really care for their children. Maybe I make them uncomfortable while they're waiting for someone else to alleviate our problems

PS: You should hear my 7yo grandson's remarks when he comes on litter in the Maine woods. Gets that from his mother I guess, as she includes ecolit and hands on outings in her senior communications class. Thankfully she still has the freedom to, with the alternate reality crowd trying to change curriculum in public schools. To me their agenda is abhorrent, trying to fill children's minds with hog wash, rather than lighting a fire of reason. Are they that insecure?

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Why are there ALWAYS people who think that group arrangements and agreements do NOT apply to them. Gonna go away for the weekend and asked everyone to take their stuff so we wouldn't have to cross the city all over. And ofcourse there's always one person that thinks we can all drive to his place cause he didn't wanna take his luggage.. Aarfg! Why are people so selfish

my grandbaby who's staying with us (his mama is too) has chickenpox. Everyone else in the family has had it or the vaccine. But this means we can't take him places.

I got a pneumo vax and a flu vax on Thursday from my primary care doc's office. My pneumo arm has been especially sore and achy but I didn't look up side effects till immediately prior to writing this post--yup, that's one. I have another of the "unpleasant-but-won't-kill-you-unless-it's prolonged" side effects--I tossed my cookies. It's been over 24 hours--I thought you got the side effects right away or not-at-all, not delayed-onset. Grrr.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Wait, why didn't he get the vaccine? Isn't that one of the earliest medical stuff babies get? Sorry to hear that -- if it's of any comfort, he'll not get it again once it clears up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post
    my grandbaby who's staying with us (his mama is too) has chickenpox. Everyone else in the family has had it or the vaccine. But this means we can't take him places.

I got a pneumo vax and a flu vax on Thursday from my primary care doc's office. My pneumo arm has been especially sore and achy but I didn't look up side effects till immediately prior to writing this post--yup, that's one. I have another of the "unpleasant-but-won't-kill-you-unless-it's prolonged" side effects--I tossed my cookies. It's been over 24 hours--I thought you got the side effects right away or not-at-all, not delayed-onset. Grrr.
    When I was a kid if anyone caught measles mumps, especially mumps, chicken pox whatever my mother sent us all round there to make sure we caught it. The sick child's home was open-house for a while. Reckon I caught just about everything when I was at school but there's a strong family belief that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'd go along with that.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by astroannie View Post

In the 48 hours preceeding the chicken pox rash, nausea and vomiting are common. Hope you feel better soon!