So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 414

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I've come to know that people sort themselves into two decision making groups, emphasis on decision making:

Those who assume another is wrong, until proven right.
    Those who assume another is right, until proven wrong.

I know which one I fall into. How about you?
    And, I won't believe anyone who says they have a neutral quick reaction.
    Must be flat liners.

Considering that in my line of work decisions are made daily, or at least acted upon daily I guess we rely upon 'experts' to make correct ( functional) choices. We question the design by reading it first, but unless there is an obvious negative consequence or unless we think we have a better option we go with whatever the expert says. Often we ask them to give multiple options, listing the drawbacks or limitations of each, or, we ask what those limitations might be, again, researching on our own also, to at least attempt to have a greater understanding of what options are out there while trying to rate their functionality.
    So I guess we assume that some people know what they're doing based on recommendations from others , or , they are able to represent themselves as competent, presenting past examples, references, and we go with them. Until they show themselves otherwis ( proof?) we assume they are competen which translates to 'correct' in their practices which will typically result in a functional product, which ultimately allows all of us to get paid by the satisfied customer.. ideally.

Now then... When it comes to political commentary... I always assume they're wrong. Why?! Because there is always an agenda. That is politics. A synonym for which could be 'deceit'. That's right, 'lying'. And a big part of that, lying in politics, is leaving things out. You know, "...the truth, the whole truth, so help you God" ? Yes, that part. Until I can see otherwise I don't assume they're right on anything. Some call that cynicism, I call it critical thinking. It's way too easy to accept something just because it fits with your already held beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Now then... When it comes to political commentary... I always assume they're wrong. Why?! Because there is always an agenda. That is politics. A synonym for which could be 'deceit'. That's right, 'lying'. And a big part of that, lying in politics, is leaving things out. You know, "...the truth, the whole truth, so help you God" ? Yes, that part. Until I can see otherwise I don't assume they're right on anything. Some call that cynicism, I call it critical thinking. It's way too easy to accept something just because it fits with your already held beliefs.
    I should have clarified I was talking more about opinions, things others speak about, as if facts, when decisions are needed, etc, not necessarily experts, in specialized fields (even though I never accept their opinions immediately either, especially physicians, and I birthed one). I tell my family: Trust No One (at first).

Well, it looks like The Alkorian Legends has dominated all other writing projects. I've got a decent opening, Mishu's met another character that will a close companion of hers throughout the story, and I threw in an event that shatters their day and is the inciting event of the whole story. >:]

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    I've come to know that people sort themselves into two decision making groups, emphasis on decision making:

Those who assume another is wrong, until proven right.
    Those who assume another is right, until proven wrong.

I know which one I fall into. How about you?
    And, I won't believe anyone who says they have a neutral quick reaction.
    Must be flat liners.
    Another what? Person? What have other people got to do with my decisions? What have other people's decisions got to do with me? I'm not flat-lining, just responding chaotically on account of incomprehension. Is there some concept here that I don't comprehend? It must be past my bedtime as I'm evidently typing in my sleep now. Oh look, there's an angel. Hello angel.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Ran across this today, do you remember it? I try not to dwell on it, but it seems to me we've gone downhill from there. I can"t for the life of me understand how so many say they love their children and grandchildren, yet keep on doing so little for the world they will have to get by in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=ZwMVMbmQBug

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    Took my son and nephew to the range. We had to adjust the scope on the SKS rifle, but eventually we were shooting straight. Everyone always loves my old M44 Mosin Nagant carbine, the way it literally spits flames. You can actually see the concussive wave as the bullet leaves the barrel. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Flipped between watching football and baseball while clearing the rifles. Gotta be spotless before they go back in the safe.

Bottled my latest batch of home brew. It's a dark stout with a rich aroma. You could get a drunk "contact high" breathing deep near it. It'll be at least a week of "bottle conditioning" before I can start drinking them. Might need two weeks. Character sometimes takes a while to develop.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Took my son and nephew to the range. We had to adjust the scope on the SKS rifle, but eventually we were shooting straight. Everyone always loves my old M44 Mosin Nagant carbine, the way it literally spits flames. You can actually see the concussive wave as the bullet leaves the barrel. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Flipped between watching football and baseball while clearing the rifles. Gotta be spotless before they go back in the safe.

Bottled my latest batch of home brew. It's a dark stout with a rich aroma. You could get a drunk "contact high" breathing deep near it. It'll be at least a week of "bottle conditioning" before I can start drinking them. Might need two weeks. Character sometimes takes a while to develop.
    I can understand having and knowing how to handle a rifle, especially considering the worst predator is humankind. Problem is I got sickened of all the harm they can cause innocents back in Indochina. Of course I also got sickened of the fat cats making a fortune off war. These many years later I'd just as soon be the victim than the perp I'm not ready to wheel out in front of a truck or the like though. If I could have gotten out to North Dakota in my wheelchair, when they were shooting rubber bullets at my unarmed foster brothers, I'd have been there. Yeah, the fat cats are still pulling the strings, and the wannabes are being led by the nose. Of course nobody wants to hear rants about such, so I write about what could be a better quality of life if we learned to live in respectful coexistence with all life forms. I'm not a dreamer, meaning such in a realistic way, as we still exist in a life fueled by life natural model.

Even further back, on the ranch, we used to brew beer in a wooden barrel. Wouldn't know how to any more. I did come by 5 lbs of Meco Chipotles, and am going to use them in my buffalo short ribs crock pot concoctions.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    PARIS has decreed white hair as the highest fashion
    So I, as a seemingly white haired, was stopped in the streets, and asked which hair shampoo I used - hehehehehe

Had to admit the colour of my hair was a gift from my mother

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheerful.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.3 KB 
ID:	19570
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content