So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 411

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    ADD and ADHD are not an excuse. They are a biological circumstance present in roughly 15% of the population. It is not a weakness nor a fault. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain and it isn't without its challenges. I have a very severe case of ADHD and am ASD. I know the ins and outs of a distracted mind, but I also know one of its greatest attributes. Hyperfocus. Both my brother and I have the ability and ADHD. It hasn't held either of us back because we work with the imbalance and its triggers. Teachers always assumed we were less able because of the labels, but their underestimation was not the measure by which we set our goals. Some of it comes down to the drive of the individual. It is a bit of a sore spot when some says: Well, I have this so it's hard...People see the label, not the individual. (Major pet peeve of mine...)

Life is hard, always has been and will be. It is how one faces it that matters.
    ADD & ADHD are not an excuse, but they are considered a brain disorder, just the same as a seizure disorder, some severe like tonic/clonic seizures, some simple partial seizures, where one doesn't lose consciousness. I've had both types of seizures throughout my adult life and marriage. I also have a son who grew up with ADD/ADHD. He had/has the drive to keep on going thru law school. I never had the seizure disorder as a child so had a goal in mind with my life, but when the seizures started, all hell broke loose. I didn't want to tell folks for a long time that I had a seizure disorder, but finally had to because they wanted to know why I was staying home all the time. So it is a bit of a sore spot when someone doesn't try to understand why this is so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    Lol I'm not trying to make any excuses. Everyone has problems and faces them in different ways. No one could possibly assume how we managed our lives, successfully or not. I sometimes forget peoples names and faces, apologize ahead of time and tell them that I have Short Term Memory loss and they've always gotten offended that I never remember them the next day. I say that so that maybe they will understand a little better why I am the way I am. That I'm not trying to be rude to them but simply remember things differently.

I am no better than anyone else, but please don't assume I'm making excuses for something I'm saying or doing. I'm simply communicating. ^^;
    I also forget people's names and suffer from aphasia. TLE (temporal lobe epilepsy from a brain injury) can cause that. I used to be so embarrassed to ask folks their names again and again, but that is how it is for some.

You're not making excuses for yourself, just communicating.

Blog Entries
    I also have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. It's one of the most complex strains. As with ADD & ADHD, or any chemical imbalance, the severity of symptoms run on a continuum scale. Nellie and I land on different number as I imagine you and Darkkin do. It's part of our daily lives and we all do the best we can. So, brava for us all!

Now, how did my day go? Given that I'm a chronic procrastinator, I caught up with more than week's worth of neglect. Paid bills, sent a long overdo letter (I hope my brother will still be speaking with me!). Sundry necessities, then food shopping for fruits and leafy greens for my NutriBullit smoothies. Never felt healthier. Was prepared to go to the library and my favorite thrift shop to check out vintage cloths for fall. So psyched up! Then, damnbamb! It's Labor Day.

So, tomorrow it will be new books and old clothing!

Night all! Oh, we have a full Silver this evening! (She cheated on her diet and wolfed down a pint of pistachio Gelato ice cream.)
    “The man who cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot.”
    Andre Breton

It took me over two hours tonight to come up with two more books that are promising. I read as much as I can of the previews (not the reviews) to get a feel for whether the author will hold my attention, as I hate to waste money on books I won't finish. Got another operation coming up soon, and I need the books to occupy my mind in the hospital afterwards. Can't work on my illustrations there as I need the auxiliary monitor for my MacBook to see what I'm doing.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Here's how it opens:

“It was 1963. The Cuban Missile Crisis. Hundreds of millions of Americans kept glued to the TV with bated breath, wondering if President John F. Kennedy would be able to defuse the tension. I was with my mama, and my mama’s mama . . . we were out in the Bayou, somewhere near the border of what was then Louisiana and Mississippi. The crickets were loud that day, chirping away at the lone little lantern we left hanging out by the front porch.”
    Good start. Historical note though from someone obsessed with dates. The Cuban Missile Crisis was in October of 1962
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    Good start. Historical note though from someone obsessed with dates. The Cuban Missile Crisis was in October of 1962
    I looked it up and realized my embarrassment.

Cuban Missle Crisis: Yes, 1962, year I graduated high school. And, for the record, Khrushshev did not blink. Records released, after mandatory 50 years hidden from public, tell the real story. The U.S. had placed missiles in Turkey. Under the table, Kennedy agreed to remove them, but not for several months after Russia turned back, so there would not be the obvious connection.

Remember this. All governments lie. Quite a shock to me as I've aged. I now know Gary Powers, by his own recent acknowledgement, was shot down over Russia on spy mission, not over neutral airspace, as we were told. (Those dirty Commies) And, yep, we were in Cambodia. I believe no one and nothing any government says. Best do the same.

The Smart Too Late Sas (a world citizen, although I'd prefer another planet sometimes)

I'd prefer another planet myself; told my wife if any of those space aliens orbiting earth were available I'm ready to go. She replied they'd just throw me back.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Yep, set in the Gulf Shores of the Deep South. xD It's not going to be a gritty, realistic portrayal of a post-nuclear apocalypse, rather it's going to be a sort of parody of Fallout like how Fallout was a parody of 1950s stereotypes and clichés centered around nuclear war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvlTJrNJ5lA

This is the theme song.

haha awesome! I look forward to reading it : 3 Lets be friends ^^
    Boop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    I also forget people's names and suffer from aphasia. TLE (temporal lobe epilepsy from a brain injury) can cause that. I used to be so embarrassed to ask folks their names again and again, but that is how it is for some.

You're not making excuses for yourself, just communicating.

Yeah, often times I'll wait and see if someone know the person if they say their name xD.
    Boop