So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 410

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    Me too and if you can get through a tough start in life I think you handle it better when shit hits the fan. You have to fight to survive sometimes. How are you finding WF so far?

So far it's really neat. A lot of really nice people. I actually feel like writing for once. xD I've been stuck in a little bit of a lag. It's hard to want to focus on stuff when I've got attention deficit Disorder holding me back. I hope this will help me get going on my book too. I've been neglecting it far too long.
    Boop

Blog Entries
    We all get like that when it comes to our writing. I hope you can get back to it, what do you like to write?
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    It's hard to want to focus on stuff when I've got attention deficit Disorder holding me back.
    ADD and ADHD are not an excuse. They are a biological circumstance present in roughly 15% of the population. It is not a weakness nor a fault. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain and it isn't without its challenges. I have a very severe case of ADHD and am ASD. I know the ins and outs of a distracted mind, but I also know one of its greatest attributes. Hyperfocus. Both my brother and I have the ability and ADHD. It hasn't held either of us back because we work with the imbalance and its triggers. Teachers always assumed we were less able because of the labels, but their underestimation was not the measure by which we set our goals. Some of it comes down to the drive of the individual. It is a bit of a sore spot when some says: Well, I have this so it's hard...People see the label, not the individual. (Major pet peeve of mine...)

Life is hard, always has been and will be. It is how one faces it that matters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    We all get like that when it comes to our writing. I hope you can get back to it, what do you like to write?
    I've been working on this book for 5 years or more now. It's frustrating but I've poured my heart and soul into the making of the characters, the story plot, the back stories. It's like a whole world slowly coming into focus in my mind and constantly growing. I'm very protective of it xD

It's a fantasy piece and since I find inspiration in King Arthur books and those knightly type books, especially Lloyd Alexander's The Chronicles of Prydain.

I've been using a lot of symbolism with events that I've experienced as a child. It's one of those children finds a portal to the new world, explores the new world, finds an enemy, and slays or pacifies enemy.
    Boop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    ADD and ADHD are not an excuse. It is not a disease. It is not a weakness nor a fault. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain. I have a very severe case of ADHD and am ASD. I know the ins and outs of a distracted mind, but I also know one of its greatest attributes. Hyperfocus. Both my brother and I have the ability and ADHD. It hasn't held either of us back because we work with the imbalance and its triggers. Teachers always assumed we were less able because of the labels, but their underestimation was not the measure by which we set our goals. Some of it comes down to the drive of the individual. It is a bit of a sore spot when some says: Well, I have this so it's hard...

Life is hard, always has been and will be. It is how one faces it that matters.

Lol I'm not trying to make any excuses. Everyone has problems and faces them in different ways. No one could possibly assume how we managed our lives, successfully or not. I sometimes forget peoples names and faces, apologize ahead of time and tell them that I have Short Term Memory loss and they've always gotten offended that I never remember them the next day. I say that so that maybe they will understand a little better why I am the way I am. That I'm not trying to be rude to them but simply remember things differently.

I am no better than anyone else, but please don't assume I'm making excuses for something I'm saying or doing. I'm simply communicating. ^^;
    Boop

Well, apparently playing Fallout has made me want to write a story set in a post-apocalyptic Deep South. See what you made me do, Bethesda!? If you won't make a Fallout game set in my part of the United States, then I guess I'll just have to write my own story about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Well, apparently playing Fallout has made me want to write a story set in a post-apocalyptic Deep South. See what you made me do, Bethesda!? If you won't make a Fallout game set in my part of the United States, then I guess I'll just have to write my own story about it.
    Fallout is the shit. I love it. Skyrim too. I have an addiction T.T
    Boop

Fallout is the shit. I love it. Skyrim too. I have an addiction T.T
    Here's how it opens:

“It was 1963. The Cuban Missile Crisis. Hundreds of millions of Americans kept glued to the TV with bated breath, wondering if President John F. Kennedy would be able to defuse the tension. I was with my mama, and my mama’s mama . . . we were out in the Bayou, somewhere near the border of what was then Louisiana and Mississippi. The crickets were loud that day, chirping away at the lone little lantern we left hanging out by the front porch.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Here's how it opens:

“It was 1963. The Cuban Missile Crisis. Hundreds of millions of Americans kept glued to the TV with bated breath, wondering if President John F. Kennedy would be able to defuse the tension. I was with my mama, and my mama’s mama . . . we were out in the Bayou, somewhere near the border of what was then Louisiana and Mississippi. The crickets were loud that day, chirping away at the lone little lantern we left hanging out by the front porch.”

Nice! It's set in the murky croc waters of the south right? Probs where the mirelurks first pop up. xD
    Boop

Nice! It's set in the murky croc waters of the south right? Probs where the mirelurks first pop up. xD
    Yep, set in the Gulf Shores of the Deep South. xD It's not going to be a gritty, realistic portrayal of a post-nuclear apocalypse, rather it's going to be a sort of parody of Fallout like how Fallout was a parody of 1950s stereotypes and clichés centered around nuclear war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvlTJrNJ5lA

This is the theme song.