So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 409


Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

  1. #4081
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    You gotta have a metal band around your head for keeping it together ??
    - for not spilling over the contents ??

    How you did get to this ??
    Only you can know, but my guess would be, a combination of predisposition, unfitting lifestyle, and improper food intake.
    sorry - but you asked --- may be just rhetorical, but nevertheless
    Add to that being reared in a wilderness area; cow wranglin’ where the food was coffee, biscuits, chili, and beans with sowbelly; serving in Indochina and emerging a little worse for the wear; pursuing various careers in an overly greedy culture; and being married going on fifty years to a wonderful woman, that after bringing back a “working” girl from Europe which was a disaster — to mention but a few missing points. Oh, and one hasn't eaten till they've had pan fried trout and biscuits over a camp fire in a wilderness area


    It’s been a hell of a ride, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s also apparently given me a much broader perspective than those more the product of cultural inculcation


    Live with no excuses, and love with no regrets

    Site:
    Hidden Content

    The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

  2. #4082
    Member bobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Southern France
    Posts
    1,216
    Blog Entries
    5
    Then wonder no more
    - but remember what you said: " It’s been a hell of a ride, and I wouldn’t change it for the world"
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

  3. #4083
    Member Fowly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    5
    Sup Everyone! Second day here and still pretty nervous. Any tips on communicating successfully?
    Boop

  4. #4084
    Humility. Preface things. When in doubt, delete. I often take three tries before I post. And I still mess it up. You never know who you're talking to. People take things funny-oddly-not what you meant at all. They may not say anything. You may take things funny-oddly-not what they meant at all. And give a lot of thank you's/acknowledges (-ments?). Myself, having been raised by in a family of werewolves I often struggle with the last one. That, and I often make stuff up.

  5. #4085
    Member Fowly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Humility. Preface things. When in doubt, delete. I often take three tries before I post. And I still mess it up. You never know who you're talking to. People take things funny-oddly-not what you meant at all. They may not say anything. You may take things funny-oddly-not what they meant at all. And give a lot of thank you's/acknowledges (-ments?). Myself, having been raised by in a family of werewolves I often struggle with the last one. That, and I often make stuff up.
    Thanks, man. That will come in handy. I try my best to be polite and respectful but somehow end up offending 2/10 of all humans.
    Boop

  6. #4086
    WF Veteran H.Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northern England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,629
    Blog Entries
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    Sup Everyone! Second day here and still pretty nervous. Any tips on communicating successfully?
    Be honest and know when to walk away is advice I got when first posting on WF and it has never steered me wrong.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

    Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

    Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

  7. #4087
    Member Fowly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    Be honest and know when to walk away is advice I got when first posting on WF and it has never steered me wrong.

    I've always been as honest as I can be. I had a lot of problems with abuse growing up so it's been a struggle. I've been told to defend myself and stick up for myself. It's hard to know If I should defend myself or walk away. Most of the time I just walk away but I can't run away from all my problems. Seem to be picking and choosing the wrong ones all the time it feels like.
    Boop

  8. #4088
    WF Veteran H.Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northern England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,629
    Blog Entries
    66
    Defending yourself is necessary at times and is not a bad thing, you are correct in saying it's hard to gauge when to walk away and the best advice Ican give on that front is if it feels like an arguement developing I take a step awayand don't reply for a little bit. I feel the same way at times it is natural to second guess ourselves.

    Sounds like you have a rough upbringing and I am glad to see you made it through.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

    Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

    Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

  9. #4089
    Member Fowly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    Defending yourself is necessary at times and is not a bad thing, you are correct in saying it's hard to gauge when to walk away and the best advice Ican give on that front is if it feels like an arguement developing I take a step awayand don't reply for a little bit. I feel the same way at times it is natural to second guess ourselves.

    Sounds like you have a rough upbringing and I am glad to see you made it through.
    Very true lol I'll try to feel the wind before the tornado hits xD and Thanks lol It's been a bit bumpy but I've always been a fighter and a survivor.
    Boop

  10. #4090
    WF Veteran H.Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northern England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,629
    Blog Entries
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    Very true lol I'll try to feel the wind before the tornado hits xD and Thanks lol It's been a bit bumpy but I've always been a fighter and a survivor.

    Me too and if you can get through a tough start in life I think you handle it better when shit hits the fan. You have to fight to survive sometimes. How are you finding WF so far?
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

    Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

    Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.