So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 409

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    You gotta have a metal band around your head for keeping it together ??
    - for not spilling over the contents ??

How you did get to this ??
    Only you can know, but my guess would be, a combination of predisposition, unfitting lifestyle, and improper food intake.
    sorry - but you asked --- may be just rhetorical, but nevertheless
    Add to that being reared in a wilderness area; cow wranglin’ where the food was coffee, biscuits, chili, and beans with sowbelly; serving in Indochina and emerging a little worse for the wear; pursuing various careers in an overly greedy culture; and being married going on fifty years to a wonderful woman, that after bringing back a “working” girl from Europe which was a disaster — to mention but a few missing points. Oh, and one hasn't eaten till they've had pan fried trout and biscuits over a camp fire in a wilderness area

It’s been a hell of a ride, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s also apparently given me a much broader perspective than those more the product of cultural inculcation

Live with no excuses, and love with no regrets

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    Then wonder no more
    - but remember what you said: " It’s been a hell of a ride, and I wouldn’t change it for the world"
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Sup Everyone! Second day here and still pretty nervous. Any tips on communicating successfully?
    Boop

Humility. Preface things. When in doubt, delete. I often take three tries before I post. And I still mess it up. You never know who you're talking to. People take things funny-oddly-not what you meant at all. They may not say anything. You may take things funny-oddly-not what they meant at all. And give a lot of thank you's/acknowledges (-ments?). Myself, having been raised by in a family of werewolves I often struggle with the last one. That, and I often make stuff up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Humility. Preface things. When in doubt, delete. I often take three tries before I post. And I still mess it up. You never know who you're talking to. People take things funny-oddly-not what you meant at all. They may not say anything. You may take things funny-oddly-not what they meant at all. And give a lot of thank you's/acknowledges (-ments?). Myself, having been raised by in a family of werewolves I often struggle with the last one. That, and I often make stuff up.
    Thanks, man. That will come in handy. I try my best to be polite and respectful but somehow end up offending 2/10 of all humans.
    Boop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    Sup Everyone! Second day here and still pretty nervous. Any tips on communicating successfully?
    Be honest and know when to walk away is advice I got when first posting on WF and it has never steered me wrong.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    Be honest and know when to walk away is advice I got when first posting on WF and it has never steered me wrong.

I've always been as honest as I can be. I had a lot of problems with abuse growing up so it's been a struggle. I've been told to defend myself and stick up for myself. It's hard to know If I should defend myself or walk away. Most of the time I just walk away but I can't run away from all my problems. Seem to be picking and choosing the wrong ones all the time it feels like.
    Boop

Blog Entries
    Defending yourself is necessary at times and is not a bad thing, you are correct in saying it's hard to gauge when to walk away and the best advice Ican give on that front is if it feels like an arguement developing I take a step awayand don't reply for a little bit. I feel the same way at times it is natural to second guess ourselves.

Sounds like you have a rough upbringing and I am glad to see you made it through.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Brown View Post
    Defending yourself is necessary at times and is not a bad thing, you are correct in saying it's hard to gauge when to walk away and the best advice Ican give on that front is if it feels like an arguement developing I take a step awayand don't reply for a little bit. I feel the same way at times it is natural to second guess ourselves.

Sounds like you have a rough upbringing and I am glad to see you made it through.
    Very true lol I'll try to feel the wind before the tornado hits xD and Thanks lol It's been a bit bumpy but I've always been a fighter and a survivor.
    Boop

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowly View Post
    Very true lol I'll try to feel the wind before the tornado hits xD and Thanks lol It's been a bit bumpy but I've always been a fighter and a survivor.

Me too and if you can get through a tough start in life I think you handle it better when shit hits the fan. You have to fight to survive sometimes. How are you finding WF so far?