So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 408

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

When in doubt, throw it out
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    To whomever..
    If you don't hear from me after this its because I died...
    We recently inherited some 70's style pre-fab, factory-made, plastic freezer-bag food from our friends who moved to... out of state. Now we're "cooking" it. I'm having flashbacks of green meat and ham, TV dinners, freezer burns ... all these horrifying things I haven't ...in 40 years ( since I started cooking for myself). I would divorce her, on grounds of mental cruelty, torture, trying poison me-- if ever she thought this acceptable. No... We're only doing this once. I'd rather starve. If I survive...
    You're lucky. My wife just uses antifreeze on me.
    Feeding you 40 year old food is a thoughtfully inventive way to kill a man. She really cares.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

^ I do all my own cooking

Wife's a golfer, her thing not mine. Anyway, she won a new driver in a seniors charity tournament. The challenge was, from the tee, to drive a ball so that it landed in a hula hoop half way down the fairway (a women's par 4 hole I think she said). I think it was dumb luck she did it, but didn't say so — as long as she's happy is what counts. And yeah, she's a half inch short of five feet. You wouldn't know it though, when she gets on my case

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kdriver.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	19429

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Wow.

With my fantasy chapters re-arranged in a more chronological order, and the repeating chapters (basically the same chapter written in a different way) deleted, my word count totals up to 7,457 words. Yeah, a huge chunk off from the 16K, but...not bad. Not bad at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    ^
    And yeah, she's a half inch short of five feet. You wouldn't know it though, when she gets on my case

Name:	Kdriver.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	19429
    Ever heard about the Napoleon Complex ??
    The small one can be the worst
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I went back to my old home-town today and when ever I go there I'm saddened by what I see. The place is a dump.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    I went back to my old home-town today and when ever I go there I'm saddened by what I see. The place is a dump.

A few years back, I drove back to my childhood Detroit home. I popped power lock on our car. All the homes were either boarded or burned, except mine. It was being lovingly cared for, never looked better, even when my parents owned it. These owners mowed the lawns of surrounding abandoned homes. It stood, as if the Statue of Liberty, "Give me your tired, your poor...." A tearful vision for me.

We survived. It's the next morning and I'm here! She's here! We did like midnight said, and threw most of it out. There were 'Turkey balls' that smelled like... smelled weird, so we didn't eat them. There was fried rice that we took a few bites of. It was actually okay. I bet even the coyotes wouldn't eat those balls, though. My son was the one who'd brought the stuff home. He'd helped them pack(our friends) during the move. It's not his fault. He only knows of the 70's from the music.The 70's: great music- awful food. I think the experience reaffirmed my wife and I's trust in each other. I was really struggling, I mean... who is this person, about to feed me this... stuff? The turkey balls, she took one wiff, and said no... I broke down and cried, 'Thank you, Elvis!' And thank you midnight. You know, I'm thinking of getting a magnet for that fridge: what would midnight do? Fuckin'-eh... Okay, sorry. We can go back to visiting old homes, which I totally get, having had...( counting)... 10 of them. Not homes: places I've lived. 6 homes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Ever heard about the Napoleon Complex ??
    The small one can be the worst
    I can see her side. I've been a tough horse to break and it has sharpened her tongue over the years This is us sometime back in the '70s.

Name:	Lee&Karen77.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	19434

Seeing that old pic prompts the question, how in the hell did I get to this?

Name:	LeeNow.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	19435

Frolic while you can lads and lassies.

Love all,
    Trust a few,
    Do wrong to none.
    Last edited by LeeC; September 4th, 2017 at 05:52 PM.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    You gotta have a metal band around your head for keeping it together ??
    - for not spilling over the contents ??

How you did get to this ??
    Only you can know, but my guess would be, a combination of predisposition, unfitting lifestyle, and improper food intake.
    sorry - but you asked --- may be just rhetorical, but nevertheless
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content