So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 407

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Six books in less than two days... I need to stop binging, I'm running out of material to read, again. And as we're moving in six weeks more than half my library is already packed up, I don't have access to all my material. A very minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but when one doesn't sleep much words are the world and time.
    It would be great if you could nanny or surrogate read for others- share your gift ( for a fee, of course) plug a cable * pop-click*. Someday...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    It would be great if you could nanny or surrogate read for others- share your gift ( for a fee, of course) plug a cable * pop-click*. Someday...
    Actually reading aloud to others is something, Rue Dog and I do. Spend time in treatment for a chronic illness, and you can get recruited to volunteer without even realising it. No charge. People get to listen, I don't have to make conversation, and time passes. An all around good plan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Six books in less than two days... I need to stop binging, I'm running out of material to read, again. And as we're moving in six weeks more than half my library is already packed up, I don't have access to all my material. A very minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but when one doesn't sleep much words are the world and time.
    May be a reading device as e.g. Kindle, where you can buy/download direct from the net when needing it - ??
    - or may be reading the literature in the original language for slowing down a bit ??
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    May be a reading device as e.g. Kindle, where you can buy/download direct from the net when needing it - ??
    - or may be reading the literature in the original language for slowing down a bit ??
    I have a tablet and a sizable ebook library, but I'm a physical book, book person...Tactile, tangible. Solid. If anything, I read faster on my tablet because I don't delve quite as deeply into the words like I do with an actual book...3 a.m. Tap, tap...Read. Look at the clock three books later, realising it is 8 a.m.

Awesome, I want to write but the perfectionist in me is saying, "Unless it looks like something Stephen King wrote, FORGET ABOUT IT!!" Can someone metaphorically slap some sense into me, please

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Awesome, I want to write but the perfectionist in me is saying, "Unless it looks like something Stephen King wrote, FORGET ABOUT IT!!" Can someone metaphorically slap some sense into me, please
    You do not want to write like Stephen King, or any other author. You will write like you, as only you can, now get on with it and stop doing this to yourself!
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

^ Yes, Olly-chan! I will stop! Also...

...So apparently Scriviner actually has a way for you to outline your stories...

...With synopsis for each chapter so you get a rough idea of what you want...

...I'm just gonna go sit in a corner and contemplate my own stupidity...

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    ^ Yes, Olly-chan! I will stop!
    I think you mean 'Hi Sensi Buckle San!'; 'chan' is for children.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    I think you mean 'Hi Sensi Buckle San!'; 'chan' is for children.
    xD Well, I'm clearly not fluent in Japanese. :v

To whomever..
    If you don't hear from me after this its because I died...
    We recently inherited some 70's style pre-fab, factory-made, plastic freezer-bag food from our friends who moved to... out of state. Now we're "cooking" it. I'm having flashbacks of green meat and ham, TV dinners, freezer burns ... all these horrifying things I haven't ...in 40 years ( since I started cooking for myself). I would divorce her, on grounds of mental cruelty, torture, trying poison me-- if ever she thought this acceptable. No... We're only doing this once. I'd rather starve. If I survive...