So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 406

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Good, glad you're okay - you going to write a novel now with Harvey as background?
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

I am not. I don't do novels.

We tallied a total of 35.6 inches of rain from Harvey in my neighborhood. But the thing I'll remember most is my kitten, Fur Elise, being spayed on Friday and having the Cone of Shame throughout. She still wants to play, get into tight spaces, climb on shelves, etc. but, as astroandy put it, "[the Cone of Shame] does not fit in with Elise's lifestyle or body image." It will be removed when I can no longer discern her incision (I was told it would be 7-10 days). She is a licker (she used to over-groom) and there should be no possibility for her to irritate the site, as that could lead to complications.

In other news, there is no weekly sales flyers for any of our stores as they have zero clues about what they'll have available. This makes shopping for next week's meals complicated and blogging my menu for next week impossible. We'll be getting much of our protein from the freezer, as no one knows what fresh meat/poultry/etc. will be available.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

We recently lost three full-time associates at work (all transfers to another store), haven't yet replaced them, so I worked a sixteen-hour shift yesterday.

Glad you're okay, Annie. My biggest problem with the cone of shame was that the Lady Mrs. Montheresa Fluffybottom kept finding ways to get it off. She'd find a space where the cone wouldn't fit and back out of it.

Uh, don't let your cat read this.
    If you're not sure how to take something I say, keep in mind that Bob Ross is my spirit animal. Hidden Content .

“The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.”
    Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I found a typo in my copy of The Ode Less Travelled​ (9781592403110) by Stephen Fry. The pattern of the triolet (page 256) is incorrect... It is written ABaAbbAB when it should be ABaAabAB. Outside of that one hiccup, it is an amazing read. The section on villanelle in particular is especially interesting.

And it is official: I have no life.
    Last edited by Darkkin; August 31st, 2017 at 02:43 AM.

Hope conditions are improving for everyone affected by hurricane Harvey, especially members here. That had to be (and maybe still is) a horrible experience.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Volunteered at the High School concession stand tonight. Our team got beaten... badly. But we made some money for the kids.
    I like our little town. Even if our football team stinks.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

I was going to ride this morning. I woke up before dawn trying to get myself motivated. I imagined sections of the trail.

There's one part in particular that I really like. It's where I have to perform a 180* turn downhill at very slow speed. There's barely enough room, and if I were to blow it I could possibly tumble, mmm, twice, the second one off a cliff after a somersault through some bushes. I'm clipped in, so...

I'm sure that for many riders it would be nothing, performing the turn, but for me it took a lot of tries before I got it.

That's just one of the challenging sections. There are others, and they require my full attention on each. That's part of the enjoyment: making a section and the full concentration needed.

Anyway, I got myself dressed, went through the mental list of things to bring/do so I wouldn't forget anything. I live on a hill and it's a .... to have go back because I forgot something. I opened the back door to put my bike out and smelled... smoke.

I don't ride in the smoke. There's a brush fire on the other side of the Valley that's been burning for a few days now, and the smoke had drifted over. I had hoped it was done. When I was a little kid and we first moved here we had heavy smog and I didn't do well in it, lungs hurting every time I tried to take a just slightly too-deep-of-a breath. To this day it hurts if I exercise in polluted air. After, not during, which makes it for me more dangerous ( because I don't feel it while it's happening).

So now I'm sitting, inside, drinking...
    coffee. Like it's a work day.

Blog Entries
    Ha-ha, know the situation - all dressed for running ... and when going out discovering bleeding rain, which'll make my slippers slide - up again, feeling akwards beeing inside in running outfit
    and a little lost, untill finding something to use the time-gift for
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Ha-ha, know the situation - all dressed for running ... and when going out discovering bleeding rain, which'll make my slippers slide - up again, feeling akwards beeing inside in running outfit
    and a little lost, untill finding something to use the time-gift for
    I'm trying get my laptop open( I'm on my phone). It's over there and I can't get up. fb story about Ghengis has me riled ... don't answer-don't post-it's pointless jibber-jabber- . I will get some eggs at the store and cook the Hungarian bacon I bought yesterday. I hope they like it. They will be up soon.
    Last edited by Kevin; September 3rd, 2017 at 04:53 PM.

Six books in less than two days... I need to stop binging, I'm running out of material to read, again. And as we're moving in six weeks more than half my library is already packed up, I don't have access to all my material. A very minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but when one doesn't sleep much words are the world and time.