So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 405

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Geez. A minute ago I was a "balanced" person. Well, no one believed I was balanced, anyway. Note: I clicked LOL and did my part.
    Ah, but you see, I am more comfortable in the chaos.

Now, if you could get all your likes and thanks given and received to balance out, then that would be a rare and precious thing, profane to disrupt.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Spent two hours yester-afternoon/evening at the home office identifying and going over how to deal with water intrusion issues at different conditions on the new project. It's going to be a challenge. The parking attendant there, at the office, an older gentleman with a heavy central american accent, Baldimir(o) ( is that name from the Visigoth?)is being replaced by an automatic machine. The machine was in but not yet working. He used to give me a hard time because his shift was over before mine so he couldn't collect from me on the way out, and I only come in once a week. He was gone when I came down, and I think I probably will not see him again, ever.
    We had made friends. People come; people go...

I woke up at 11, (after going to bed early) and went downstairs for a bit. A little while later my son came in from his girlfriend's. He told me that earlier at home, the ATT repairman had come to upgrade the internet speed and they had talked. The guy was 42, retired Navy. He told my son to never wait/keep going forward, or elsenext thing you know you'll be left behind. My wife bit her tongue as he talked about the inevitable life of financial debt regarding his own life.

And then my son told me a schoolmate had died: Xanax and coke. I had to look up Xanax and 'bars'. Say nope to dope, kiddies. There's really nothing there... so many fall by the wayside, and so young.

I went back to bed at midnight.

4:30, and I'm up having my coffee.

111 yesterday. Going to be hot today. Nothing to complain about when you consider Houston. Now, they've got it bad.
    Last edited by Kevin; August 29th, 2017 at 03:22 PM.

bd,

Come to think of it, I try to lead a balanced life. I do not like chaos. Ask my family. I am a control freak and plan for every eventuality. I anticipate that a train is ready to smack me, around every bend. My parents were quite unworldly and almost totally uneducated. So I grew to control and anticipate trouble. I'm rarely off stride.

Kevin,

The stories, in your day, touched me. We, unknowingly, are surrounded by millions of them. I hope you keep a journal to include these in your writing. Nothing can match such "truth". Nothing.

Blog Entries
    Woke unusually early this morning. Always coffee first or I walk around my place nearly blind. So, it was coffee, reading with Mozart (Bach was having a fit). Here, now, fully awake I'm thinking about what you've had to say, sas, about being a planner. I used to envy those who were spontaneous (I viewed them as being more free than I) but at this age I accept that my date book is an appendage. It eases my inner chaos.
    “The man who cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot.”
    Andre Breton

At least with inner chaos you have the potential to do something about - it's the outer chaos that really ruin your day and there's often nothing you can do about it (well, you can hide in a closet I suppose).

Now, I need another cup of coffee.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Morning Kevin, Hope the rest of your day goes well. It's saddening that people are being replaced my machines and that you'll be missing your friend.

I've never known one to pass from cocaine but I have seen how it strips persons of any inkling of kindness. They become entirely other persons. I call it the "Cocaine Meanies"

111 by you? Here's a little something to cool you off. One of my favorite paintings by Monet "Magpie". A rare winter scene of his

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backup.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	19387
    Andre Breton

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Midnightpoet At least with inner chaos you have the potential to do something about - it's the outer chaos that really ruin your day and there's often nothing you can do about it (well, you can hide in a closet I suppose).

Now, I need another cup of coffee
    Maybe coffee is the answer to everything! LOL Tony, don't spill it in the closet!
    Andre Breton

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
    Maybe coffee is the answer to everything! LOL Tony, don't spill it in the closet!
    Or on the computer!

the sun is shining
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!