So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 402

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by James 剣 斧 血 View Post
    Passed driving test. Drove for the first time on my own this evening. It was the first time I've actually enjoyed driving, I'm giddy now.
    The day my angel passed her test I'd had to get the bus to work because she'd taken my car to do the test. Later that day she phoned me at the office to tell me that she'd passed, so I told her that she could pick me up from the office to save me getting the bus home. As a consequence her first solo drive was through rush hour traffic to collect me from work very shortly after taking the test and she coped with it. The problem for married women learning to drive is that even when they pass the test their husbands may do much of the driving, so they don't get enough practice, but I have always shared the driving with my angel. As they say, why keep a wife and drive yourself? Or maybe most men don't, come to think of it.

Congratulations. The world is now your race-track, for a short while maybe. Take care and get there.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Hello my lovelies. <3 I'm gonna be drawing things on MS Paint today. Might show some off later.

I ripped my shorts on my ride. I don't go commando, so it was okay if a little bit dangerous, getting hooked on the seat. At one point i have to carry my bike down a section and the brush snagged the valve off the hose end of my camel back. I had to climb back up, but I found it.

I was having a conversation here where flat earth
    was mentioned (think that was me- yeah...) and I remembered that when I was 12 I had a couple of Yes albums. I loved the artwork covers which looked sort of spacey/dreamy, pieces of lush green planet earth floating in space. They were 'flat earth' and the theme was all about a pre-industrial nature, and water, and beauty, very sort of hippie I guess. And the music seemed to fit.

And I had heard that when you die it is possible that your
    mind goes to this dreamy reality of your own creation in your last moments... so it occurred to me that that album cover is where I want to be, with the waterfalls and green hills on flat earth
    floating in space, with the birds chirping, trickling water sounds, and that music.

That's not too much to ask, is it? Much nicer than a Pink Floyd album.
    Last edited by Kevin; August 26th, 2017 at 06:47 PM.

So here is what I drew -- what would happen if Nintendo ever gave Link something that looked similar to what's shown in 'Dragonball Z'.

Blog Entries
    Anger. Self-loathing. Think I'm going to start drinking.
    I might shower and / or dress for the occasion. The liquor may taste better once I shave the fuzz off my teeth.
    Goals. It's all about goals.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    Finally,I bought Scrivener hoping it helps a bit with my hard time processing words on screen for what appears to be dsylexia, and for doing research and dictating stories with better grammar.

Let me me know how that works out for you. Please.
    My granddaughter is dyslexic. She has been extensively tested for it. When she was in second or third grade I ask her school spelling words. One was Avalanche. After she spelled it correctly, I said, "Bet you can't spell it backward." She easily and instantly did. She was then tested. I told her dyslexia is a gift, one that just needs controlling. It is not a handicap. How many can read forward and backward? Applause from me, Glasshouse. Everyone else is disabled. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    My granddaughter is dyslexic. She has been extensively tested for it. When she was in second or third grade I ask her school spelling words. One was Avalanche. After she spelled it correctly, I said, "Bet you can't spell it backward." She easily and instantly did. She was then tested. I told her dyslexia is a gift, one that just needs controlling. It is not a handicap. How many can read forward and backward? Applause from me, Glasshouse. Everyone else is disabled. Really.
    I can read backward and upsidedown. I also have touchpoint memory: I handle something once and I remember exactly where it is. That in conjunction with the weird triangulation ability, (give me two bits of information about a book and generally I can recall the title and author from memory), I have makes me akin to a human filing cabinet. Handy when one works at a bookstore, creepy just about anywhere else.

An interesting read on different types of thought processes. Gail Saltz's The Power of Different. In it she explores how individuals with brain differences like dyslexia, ADHD, autism, depression, bipolar, and schizoaffective disorders process and express thoughts and ideas.

In other news, it looks like I'm offically a published poet. In house, but still cool. My cardiologist has also started me on a PCSK-9 to combat my HFHC. It has proven highly effective in individuals with the heterozygous strain of the disorder. Mine is a homozygous mutation that is drug resistant complicated further by my overactive metabolism that breaks down just about everything faster than it should. It is now a waiting game to see if the treatment can stay in my systems long enough to take effect. Early bloodwork is hopeful, as my numbers are down. Under 750 without apheresis for the first time in more than 3 years. Here's hoping.

Also got an email requesting a commission for more of my Turtle upon Tide series. This one is asking for the other half of the tidal cycle. Namely, Helia, who bears the light of the sun. Rough drafts are due in two weeks.
    Last edited by Darkkin; August 27th, 2017 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sas View Post
    Thank you but I have what seems a "spectrum" of disabilities.
    I keep labeling myself with mild dyslexia. I think I can pull it off and succeed whether I have dyslexia or dysgraphia which appears mild (I still need a diagnosis but it is an invisible disability), of course, I am being optimistic. I swear when everything is magnified my brain processes it better. But here's the unique aspect of my language problems. It's part auto-executive dysfunction which means it is most likely some problem organizing the information and getting my ideas down on paper. For a story, this is very tedious for me. Because there are more rules that a person with auto-executive dysfunction has to know before writing the story. I still remember my speech pathologist saying auto-executive. I know there are no American doctors or people qualified to tell me what I have that I know off even though I get treated by a very good doctor for my mental problems. One of the few in the entire country, and it is sad that I am one of the few receiving such a treatment. Reading out loud helps me. I promise myself when I vacation again to the united states I will go to a doctor's office. There's no central organization in my home country to represent them. Maybe I am wrong and I will ask my uncle who is an internist who found my doctor. The one that kept me from going into relapse and into a worse state than schizoaffective disorder.

If your grandchild who seems very bright by the way has those problems. The same as me, I probably recommend for story purposes the: The Elements of Writing: The Only Writing Guide You Will Ever Need (The Elemental Way). (the author teaches a writing program at Yale) That is if she has problems like mine which I will describe.

Others say I have aphasia, that I acquired or surmise this. But the thing is after schizophrenia recedes in the person they become more logical. Their thoughts are clearer even in language. It is a phenomenon because logic keeps the brain from going into any sort of madness.

I did one basic technique of the elemental way. I am not using it in this post. Try to picture this more easily, put sentences and lines separated apart like a poem (reminds me of a writing exercise someone told me but is actually called landscape view):

Like this I can tell how long sentences are.

And if I have an extra space, I can when stacked like this see the logic in my paragraph better.

Because I organize the thoughts into order, by reassembling them in the correct order.

It is an important skill for people with auto-executive to organize their thoughts.

If a thought doesn't belong here I get rid of it.

So you see, this may have been an injury with one of my misfortunate incidents with people who I considered bullies. But I am thankful and will buy all books by Charles Euchener. I learned more reading his books more in a year in the book preview. I ordered the book 3 days ago. Can't wait for it to get here.

As for Scrivener and how I manage there's definitely a difficulty in reading books with the wrong font or too small size. Helvetica is what I use since it helps me visualize the words better. A light background also helps. A kindle fire would be a good gift. Or an ipad 2 pro with keyboard. I wish I had an iphone for scanning. There's this device called the intel reader camera, which can read anything you take a picture off. Much less expensive than Kurzweil (2000 dollars).

My speech was unaffected, so I don't know if the doctor meant I had brain damages. She was too busy helping the injured soldiers she couldn't help me.

BTW, that kind of signals the traumatic injury, and auto-executive. So I think I have dyslexia though mild because it is directly affected by the auto-executive dysfunction and aggravated by schizoaffective disease. Which means my brain's health means I must not be depressed.

I know qualified doctors working children's charities, but I can't find them (every year doctors come to visit from all nationalities for charity). I will have to look better maybe a child speech pathologist. Thanks to your post I will think of confronting my uncles 2 of which work at hospitals.

So occasionally I will miss and make typos that are errors. Or a paragraph doesn't make sense when I read it out loud. I see a solution. Both the strategies and a professional would help me immensely. My reading comprehension of other people's stories is sometimes affected.

I will let you know since I will learn the techniques on the book. Scrivener helps but in the drafting process. If I have severe dyslexia I don't know the truth. I can only make a guess. But honestly, with how slow things are, in 20 days I could tell you a different story in the case of stories and essays, both which have been problematic.

For dyslexia patients, speech text programs sometimes work.I have a free one called nvda. Which works better than my other one I had purchased for 300 dollars. (btw the military doctor use to work for Walter Reid Medical center)

I think it will help me is the bottom line but every person is different. Thanks for asking. Always it pleases me to help if I can.

So yes, if I get positive nods that I did better I will let you know for your grandchild. It will be my pleasure. I think it could help her, but she might need strategies.

There are also websites that have books for people with dyslexia with a large catalog comparable to Amazon. Google around the membership is 50 dollars a year. There are two of them, I forgot their names.
    Here is a charity for dyslexia, keep looking and you will find out more charities, that have all sorts of technology if you can prove you have dyslexia (doctor referral). It is even available where I am.
    learning Ally | Volunteer with Learning Ally - Read Audiobooks
    Volunteer
    Learning Ally produces its audiobooks for students who are blind or dyslexic through the help of volunteers reading and recording. Find out how you ... Learn how we transform printed books to life for our audiobook readers.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; August 27th, 2017 at 05:15 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    ... I also have touchpoint memory: I handle something once and I remember exactly where it is. ...
    Hmmm, so where is my fold out set of allen wrenches I've been looking for? Someone else must have handled them, I wouldn't misplace anything

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Glasshouse-

Thank you so much for the wealth of information! I am going to copy it and see what I can find. I am astonished that you have any reading/writing disorder. I cannot detect it, at all. Yes, my granddaughter is quite bright and very creative. I do believe it is because her brain is more "flexible" and open. I always tell her she is lucky. I am not lying to her. I am glad there are books and devices to assist her. She has always had an extensive, college level vocabulary, but I noticed she would dumb it down when writing due to spelling difficulties. So, thanks for pointing out things to assist. Love and Best. Sas