Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

XXxX x XXxX x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Fiddled with the old truck. Got the cabin light to work.
    Changed the oil on my motorcycle. Only a few drips in the driveway. But OMG! That bike holds over 3 liters of oil!
    Cleaned-up the garage a bit. Swept, organized.
    And, my son wants to go shooting again. He wants to try my shotgun. Checked the Mossberg and shells. They make 1.75" mini-shells, and I think I'll buy a few. 'Cause I'm not an A-hole.

I may write tomorrow.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Keeping company with a terrified dodo, a glue streaked glass girl, and a scarab...Normal is a stting on the dryer and not part of my general nature.

In Remembrance: Rebecca Swift

I regret to report another strange coincidence in my life relating to my novel that happened today.

Some time between the 6th and 16th June 2011 I sent an extract from my novel to The Literary Consultancy in London to get their assessment of my potential as a writer. As I have often mentioned in WF, that novel contains suggestions of a connection between two minds six years apart, mysteriously implying my own in both cases. Today, 12th June 2017, precisely six years after I sent that submission, I received an email circular reporting The death of Rebecca Swift, the founder of TLC.

I knew nothing about Rebecca at the time but it is clear that, like many in WF, she cared greatly about encouraging new writers and created TLC as more than a commercial enterprise to that end. Those she leaves behind will continue that enterprise as she wished.

Births and deaths have figured in my coincidences before, but this one just seems particularly poignant to me for no good reason.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

I'm not sure what happened on 6-10 (see above) but my wife's just got back from the hospital - she had a stroke. After being in one in January with a-fib, six months of complication, now this. She thought it was a migraine, it wasn't. She's a lot better now - had two units of blood among other things. Right side of head vision impaired though. We've been bit by a whole baskets full of snakes this year. Hope everyone here is okay.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Sorry to hear that, Midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    I'm not sure what happened on 6-10 (see above) but my wife's just got back from the hospital - she had a stroke. After being in one in January with a-fib, six months of complication, now this. She thought it was a migraine, it wasn't. She's a lot better now - had two units of blood among other things. Right side of head vision impaired though. We've been bit by a whole baskets full of snakes this year. Hope everyone here is okay.
    So sorry, midnight.

Women recover abilities better than men. The two halves of their brain synapse more easily. In other words, the half of the brain that is not impaired might eventually take over from the half that is. Not always, but there is a stronger chance. It is important to not let her not try to work her brain (or, a paralyzed limb). The sooner lost abilities are attempted, and the more often, the more possibility of recovery. Vision, though presents a problem I've not encountered. Music is considered very helpful for those with strokes. Perhaps, earphones with her favorite music. It is a great brain stimulant. Anyway, my best & love. sas

Quote Originally Posted by Sebald View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Midnight.
    Same here. At many a Sunday dinner I say to my angel "So far, so good." Who knows what's coming next? Certainly not me. Who wants to? Certainly not me. We just handle it all one thing at a time. Grateful for what we have, for however long that is, that's me.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    Originally Posted by Midnight I'm not sure what happened on 6-10 (see above) but my wife's just got back from the hospital - she had a stroke. After being in one in January with a-fib, six months of complication, now this. She thought it was a migraine, it wasn't. She's a lot better now - had two units of blood among other things. Right side of head vision impaired though. We've been bit by a whole baskets full of snakes this year. Hope everyone here is okay.
    My thoughts are with you both, Midnight. Let this be the last snake. sas is right. Women are pretty resilient.
    “The man who cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot.”
    Andre Breton

So sorry to hear about that, midnight! I hope she recovers completely and you two aren't plagued with any other issues anytime soon.

I've always had problems with productivity that has eaten away at my sense of self worth. Now, I'm viewing writing as work. You might not want to do it initially, but sit yourself down and commit to it regularly and wrote a decent chunk tonight. I hope this sticks with me.
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...