So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 368

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Went to a party. Met someone's dad who was from rural Wisconsin. He drank a bunch of beers and was telling me about the time his ex asked if he felt remorse after stomping some guy that picked a fight with him in the bar. He dragged the guy out by his ankles and left him lying outside in the cold.

I didnt know know what to think, not ever being a bar person or a 'scrapper' as he called himself. I was thinking that here, they charge you with 'deadly force' if you kick. He said he's old now and doesn't do that sort of thing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Went to a party. Met someone's dad who was from rural Wisconsin. He drank a bunch of beers and was telling me about the time his ex asked if he felt remorse after stomping some guy that picked a fight with him in the bar. He dragged the guy out by his ankles and left him lying outside in the cold.

I didnt know know what to think, not ever being a bar person or a 'scrapper' as he called himself. I was thinking that here, they charge you with 'deadly force' if you kick. He said he's old now and doesn't do that sort of thing anymore.

Ha, ha, ha! I found out when I was an adult that my grandfather was a bouncer in a bar. They made him the bouncer because of all the fights he got into there. Decided to put his pugilism to work. I don't have royalty in my lineage, but know the ability to kick ass (verbally) has held me in good stead. Glad I got it. Smiles. Sas

This is something I need to get through my thick skull with writing: first drafts are for throwing everything you can think of in your draft -- editing comes later.

I went to town thinking that we were getting a writing session together after holding it back for almost a week (everyone agreed on 4PM), but everyone else had different things that went in the way of those plans, so no one could come.

Nothing is on fire, I haven't stabbed anyone with a pen, we had potluck at work which included pulled pork and ice cream, and I finished three books...So not too bad. We are also going to Wonder Woman​ tonight, too.

I'm writing an essay about my disabilities, which I might post in my blog when I'm finished.

Attachment 18339

Yes, my dog is alive, he is just doing a great imitation of roadkill...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Attachment 18339

Yes, my dog is alive, he is just doing a great imitation of roadkill...
    mmm... I call that the sneeze-pose. Watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    mmm... I call that the sneeze-pose. Watch out.
    No sneezes, but some significant snoring thought. How he sleeps like that is still a mystery.

I woke up to my jaw feeling like someone punched it. I think I was clenching my teeth very hard last night as I slept (for reasons I don't understand.) :<​