So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 360

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Went to the burlesque last night. It was downtown in one of the ancient theatres* that are on Broadway. I'm not a fan of strip clubs but this was something waaaay different... The audience was about 2/3 female. Great show. Beautiful, talented...

*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broa..._(Los_Angeles)
    Last edited by Kevin; May 14th, 2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Read a bunch of the previous drama and decided to delete

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    Okay, dith, maybe I should review here. Before I do, keep in mind that I am having a most unpleasant weekend with my mother going off the deep end in the hospital after her cancer surgery.

Okay, so it started with a discussion over something rather controversial. Surprisingly, it didn't turn into one of those nasty disputes you tend to see around here.

So a certain unnamed moderator made the mistake of telling everyone how proud he was that the discussion stayed civil basically. People took umbrage to that and now feelings are hurt.

Okay, so praise for behaving the way you're supposed to to begin with probably wasn't necessary, and doing the praise in red really wasn't a good idea.

But did anyone for a minute consider the source? This wasn't some egomaniac who thought he owned the forum or something. This was a sensitive kid who really thought he was doing something nice.

So maybe the next time people go on a rampage against someone like he's the worst thing to happen since Adolf Hitler, think about the person they are going on a rampage against.

And for anyone who decides they need to go after me, I should warn that I'm not so sensitive!
    Thanx for the update but when I scroll up all I see is good people.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    deleted
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    The rain let up enough for my son and I to work on the truck bed. Got about half of it sanded and primed, enough to slip-in the new bed tool box. It's nice having a place to put small stuff.
    Now we're off to my mother-in-laws. She's so lonely since her husband died. I wish I could do more.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I was a "voluntary" patient in a mental hospital in the late sixties and early seventies. They used some pretty heavy techniques then as a matter of course, like Largactil the "liquid cosh" more often associated with prisons nowadays, electric shock therapy and long term depot drugs. Who can say how much of the effects they understood then? I lost a whole week of my life along the way, during which time I was apparently bedridden in hospital and my angel subsequently told me that I didn't know who she was then despite being fully conscious. I didn't remember any of it afterwards, so I can't even be sure that that was the real me or some other personality within me trying to make sense of his existence. It may even have been a temporal shift, my mind reverting to a time before I met her. Maybe that is why it seems to be able to shift in time now, even possibly gaining access to my future memories. Who knows? If so, then that was no doubt an unexpected result, but it proved quite useful during my working career. I certainly had a reputation for dealing with problems before they happened or at least at the instant that they did without needing any apparent time for thought. As the treatment was all ostensibly voluntary I soon just stopped them giving it and have been very happy with my life ever since, now living in comfortable financially secure retirement at liberty to do what I please, within social reason of course.

When people talk about being normal it both amuses and worries me. I've been there and back and can do it as I please now, but perhaps they just don't know entirely what their minds are capable of yet. Who should we trust more, the person who has found the edge of their "normality" and knows how to deal with it or the one who believes that their presumed normality is boundless? "Normality" is as much to do with social conformity as anything anyway. That has always been so. Back when I was in mental hospital I met a homosexual there whom they were trying to "cure". He told me that I was quite safe in his company as he didn't fancy me. Despite definitely being heterosexual I nevertheless felt offended at not having the choice.

So, was it my perception of reality that changed back then or am I still the same person I always was but in a different reality? To tell the truth there's no difference. Each of us sees reality in a different way and just because we often use the same words and come to the same conclusions about its nature, that doesn't mean that we fundamentally see it the same way.

When I give my mind full rein and write fiction the results can be confusing to my readers because I'm taking them into an environment that they may not have fully experienced yet. Ideas of reality and personal identity slip away and all that there is left to cling to is simple rationality and whatever fundamental tenets make us human, but how many of us really comprehend what they are?
    Interesting story – are you sure it's your own future you’re experiencing ??
    But may be I shouldn’t ask about what you’re sure of
    Yes, the human mind is an endless pit of possibilities.
    You don’t need TV entertainment, you just plug into your mind, right ??
    As long as you can control it yourself – it’s absolutely an interesting thing, don’t you think ??
    BUT, many of us are capable of splitting up into two ‘persons’/entities having a dialogue – it’s normally called ‘talking to yourself’ even that doesn’t cover it the least bit.
    The capability can be enhanced by meditating, where also other funny things ‘ll happen J
    IF meditating, what does that do for you, if anything ??
    I’m asking because it’s supposed to normalize, whatever that might be

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jonado.gif 
Views:	34 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	18051
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhčme Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

Spent the whole day reading.

I was gifted a new graphics card ... for Mother's Day/graduation ... only I was not gifted a new cable (oops). I have an extra monitor and the idea is, I can run dual monitors (so I can do development better -- code on one screen and output on the other).

The oversight will be remedied within the next few days.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

I've tried to come up with a way to use my old iMac that died as a second and larger display with my MacBook, but can't seem to pull it off. The iMac started dying when lightening took out a utility pole across the road, and progressively got to the point where it can't even be booted anymore. The iMac needs to be able to run Target Display Mode, and it won't run anything reliably.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Sorry, Lee, I don't know from iTech. The only reason I have an extra monitor is my daughter had it before she got the laptop and so it's been ... awaiting purposing.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Interesting story – are you sure it's your own future you’re experiencing ??
    No, it could be my angel's as I tell her about these things. That would explain the six year link across time mentioned in my novel as that is the difference in our ages. If we are true soulmates then maybe the link joins us at the same ages, not the same time.

But may be I shouldn’t ask about what you’re sure of
    Do you mean what I "believe"? I'm not sure I know what that word means. One could say that if we believe something then we are willing to act on it, but everything in our minds affects our behaviour to some extent whether we intend it to or not. I just accept some things as possibilities.

Yes, the human mind is an endless pit of possibilities.
    Ah, you agree with me then.

You don’t need TV entertainment, you just plug into your mind, right ??
    If you mean that I fall asleep while watching TV, yes, I'm always doing that nowadays. I do all my best thinking when I'm asleep apparently. I must do because I don't do it when I'm awake.

As long as you can control it yourself – it’s absolutely an interesting thing, don’t you think ??
    "Control" is another word like "believe" that we use casually without defining it precisely. It suggests that one is capable of fulfilling one's intentions, but in that case what does it mean to "control" one's intentions? Some people think that they are acting out of free will but are actually doing so to fulfil subconscious intentions.

BUT, many of us are capable of splitting up into two ‘persons’/entities having a dialogue – it’s normally called ‘talking to yourself’ even that doesn’t cover it the least bit.
    No, that's true. If you don't talk to yourself then your subconscious may go ahead with fulfilling its intentions on its own anyway.

The capability can be enhanced by meditating, where also other funny things ‘ll happen J
    IF meditating, what does that do for you, if anything ??
    I’m asking because it’s supposed to normalize, whatever that might be
    I don't try to control the amount of activity in my mind but just let it vary naturally. Sometimes it all just stops and I have to wait for it to reboot. A man with an empty head has a clear mind.

A fellow recaller of future memories (Yes, there are others apparently.) tells me that he finds that it works best when he clears his mind, i.e. meditates I suppose, so that the normal chatter from the past and present is subdued and the quiet messages from the future can be discerned. He actually tries to make the phenomenon happen, but I just experience it occasionally without encouraging it.

As a recalled future memory is reinforced by becoming a past thought it appears to be an inspiration that comes out of nowhere, i.e. a completely original idea. Maybe all inspiration of this kind materialises in this way. Some people who believe that everything is strictly the result of past events also say that therefore free will is an illusion, but I find that an incredibly depressing view of life. That other fellow tries to recall numbers from the future, maybe in order to win the lottery, but "I'm not a number; I'm a free man!" (The Prisoner - 1967 TV series) That TV series was also about each individual's perception of reality being different, each creating their own personal mental prison out of their beliefs. Maybe that's why I enjoyed the series of stories The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Stephen R Donaldson. Can we also be imprisoned by our unbelief?
    Last edited by JustRob; May 15th, 2017 at 09:09 AM.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.