Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Advanced Mentor The Green Shield's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On a writing binge today. Who would've thought that writing some random scene in my head that I wasn't sure about suddenly got the ball rolling. Wheeeeeee!!!

I actually WROTE a little more of my novel yesterday... Ok it was a hundred words... but hey! It is a hundred words more than I had the day before....
    Mildly dyslexic - Oops may occur, do occur.

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”
    -- Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

"Failure? There's no such thing as failure, only early attempts at success."
    -- The Love Guru

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing."
    --Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastical View Post
    I actually WROTE a little more of my novel yesterday... Ok it was a hundred words... but hey! It is a hundred words more than I had the day before....
    sounds like it would be great to read...i do like snippets of the larger thing....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Over the weekend I was corresponding with someone else who has experienced recalling one's future memories, for a long time in his case. He calls it "precall" and has written a book on the subject. He will be giving a talk to the Society for Psychical Research in London about it in a couple of months but I probably won't attend. We both agree that it's nice to know that we are not alone in this though.

I wasn't expecting any of that or to encounter him, so maybe I'm losing the knack. Well, I did anticipate that it would only last six years and that's just about up now. Perhaps I can get back to my normal life then and that never involved being a writer.
    Do you have any feedback to give about beta reading? If so see HERE.

'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    sounds like it would be great to read...i do like snippets of the larger thing....
    I write in little chunks... so I writes scenes that go into a chapter that builds the whole of the book. It is actually a really nice way to write if you have a program that helps keep everything strait, which I do, it allows to to write what you have so if you have a brilliant ending scene of a moment between to characters you can write that out into it's own scene and then save it to the general chapter to which it belongs and if I need to move it later.. it is all nicely separate and easy to move.

“Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.”

-- The Love Guru

"It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewere, would much rather you weren't doing."
    --Terry Pratchett

Advanced Mentor The Green Shield's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Doing work and jotting down story notes on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastical View Post
    I write in little chunks... so I writes scenes that go into a chapter that builds the whole of the book. It is actually a really nice way to write if you have a program that helps keep everything strait, which I do, it allows to to write what you have so if you have a brilliant ending scene of a moment between to characters you can write that out into it's own scene and then save it to the general chapter to which it belongs and if I need to move it later.. it is all nicely separate and easy to move.
    That sounds great, can I ask what program you use? Is there an obline version of it too maybe?
    Without temptation there can be no choice. Without a fall there can be no mercy.

Just put Rainbow Flag outside my home, in solidarity with my gay granddaughter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RainbowFlag.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	17376

Quote Originally Posted by ArtBlinked View Post
    That sounds great, can I ask what program you use? Is there an obline version of it too maybe?

I use YWriter and as far as I know it is not online... here is a link to the site, maybe things have changed since I downloaded it -

http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5_Download.html

https://sites.google.com/site/ywritersj/

-- The Love Guru

--Terry Pratchett

I've had my rent car for a week. It's a Jeep Patriot and I hate it. I will never buy one. I will recommend against them to anyone who asks. It feels cramped. The seats feel small, for example. My son rides shotgun and says he's too tall to see traffic signals when we're stopped at them. This was an alleged upgrade from what we should have gotten. I can't wait for the survey from the rental place. The only positive is I like the air flow on the vents. Oh, and it's a pretty metal flake red.
    thisWomanCodes
    A twice-weekly programming blog
    Infield Singles: Baseball Poems myFoodWeek.com
    A weekly menu for a family of four
    Eclectica: Genre Poetry