So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 310

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Happy natal anniversary.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

I spent the morning climbing around the headwaters of our great river, the L.A. River, which spends most of its time as a meandering ghost-water; a road run-off, trash bin with concrete sides and a bottom, in a place where it rains only on occasion; but when it does, watch out : a giant flush that scoures, ripping and killing all except bacteria and the roots of a few mangled marsh dwellers, spitting all out into the sea.

Sounds fun! xD I ought to try it out one day.

My anxiety is compelling me to check on everyone here. So is everyone doing all right? No issues? If you need a place to vent, my inbox is open.

So I had a weird victory by not doing anything today. I've been failing to tempt my dog to eat beef kidney for months no matter what I did to it. I left it sitting raw on the stove in a pan while I was working on something else. Suddenly my sister tells me the dog is eating something.
    She'd pulled it out of the pan and was working her way through it!! She has a thing about not eating any more of something if we interrupt her so we turned out the kitchen lights to 'give her privacy' and she ate the whole thing!

new plan: make her hated foods look 'forbidden' by leaving them conspicuously on the stove. (She knows she's not supposed to pull things off the counter)

Quote Originally Posted by Elona View Post
    So I had a weird victory by not doing anything today. I've been failing to tempt my dog to eat beef kidney for months no matter what I did to it. I left it sitting raw on the stove in a pan while I was working on something else. Suddenly my sister tells me the dog is eating something.
    She'd pulled it out of the pan and was working her way through it!! She has a thing about not eating any more of something if we interrupt her so we turned out the kitchen lights to 'give her privacy' and she ate the whole thing!

new plan: make her hated foods look 'forbidden' by leaving them conspicuously on the stove. (She knows she's not supposed to pull things off the counter)
    My dogs hang out in the kitchen hoping we drop something on the floor, so they can scarf it up. That's how we give them their heartworm pills. We 'accidentally' slide them off the counter and say "Oh No!". They come running and eat them.
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

Been missing the missus, she has gone to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia on an 'Explore' holiday. Got home tonight and got a text, 'Did you see your card?'. It was in the middle of the mantlepiece, I have been walking past it for four days. Doh!

Now I m smiling
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Been missing the missus, she has gone to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia on an 'Explore' holiday. Got home tonight and got a text, 'Did you see your card?'. It was in the middle of the mantlepiece, I have been walking past it for four days. Doh!

Now I m smiling
    Happy to see your day was brightened I screwed up (again). Got a ride to the card store in the city, and didn't like their religious selection. Anyway, I ended up with two anniversary cards, and no Valentine's card somehow. Don't know how I managed that. So, on one of the cards I crossed out Anniversary, and wrote Valentine's Day. She was "mildly" amused.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Rue Dog was my date for Valentine's Day. Perfect evening for a walk. We watched Venus rise through the silhouettes of the big old sugar maples on campus.

Lee, do you live anywhere near a Target? GreetingCardUniverse will do custom cards and have them printed at your local Target for pickup. (Or you can get them snail-mailed to you if you plan .... I plan.)
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Blog Entries
    Ugh! Spent the day reading a new book and trying not to dive into self-doubt about my book. I put it away almost a week ago and am desperately trying not to open it for a while. I have so many ways things I want my MC to go through but so many doubts!

On the upside, I finished and loved the book I read.