So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 309

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Winter is back So far this year all we've had is several days with an inch or so of snow. Today though, they forecast eight inches, and we ended up with eighteen inches of snow. Reminds me of what winter used to be like here in New England.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    Winter is back So far this year all we've had is several days with an inch or so of snow. Today though, they forecast eight inches, and we ended up with eighteen inches of snow. Reminds me of what winter used to be like here in New England.
    Got dug out, with the help of friends. Now Sunday through Monday they're forecasting one to two feet of Snow. I guess we'll see how far off they are. In Maine where my daughter lives, they're already buried, with blizzards forecast through Monday. Hear they're having severe weather down in Louisiana also. These things come and go, but the way we're messing with the biosphere there will be more erratic swings. Humans bury their head in the sand, imagining their own artificial reality, while their protruding rear end gets blown away. Not surprising, humans being but a variation of life forms, with the same behavioral tendencies, where "minds" are focused on their stomachs, or between their legs

Inadvertently noticing a news item in the wife's newspaper, brought to mind the 1958 novel "The Ugly American." That and "The Quite American" both depict times I remember well. If you're a student of history, you might see how history keeps repeating itself.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." ~ Albert Einstein

I am just a leaf. Just a leaf falling from the tree so that a new bud may grow.” ~ Gemma Malley, The Legacy

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Blog Entries
    Snow is gone after the heavy rain. Now just ugly grey and blustery outside.

Watched science shows on TV. The Oort Cloud and Kuiper Belt look more inviting today.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

My day is going JUST SPLENDID.

Tomorrow, though, it's going to snow 15 CM. :O

I'm the guy that has to go shovel at properties. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by danielstj View Post
    My day is going JUST SPLENDID.

Tomorrow, though, it's going to snow 15 CM. :O

I'm the guy that has to go shovel at properties. Oh well.
    splendid..ha,ha...dude i would invite you around for cucumber sandwiches and tea but it isn't summer yet and i'm sure you would have a spiffing time...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

just read that evelyn waugh married someone with the same name..what's the odds on that
    The only one who can heal you is you.

We have the new dishwasher. astroandy installed it. Yay.

I may have to surrender Noodle. My sinuses seem permanently coated with thick mucus that is resistant to over-the-counter and home remedies. I see my sleep doctor Tuesday and my primary care doctor next week. I can't use the CPAP while this stuff is going on so I'm not sleeping well and it's likely going to turn out to be allergies. I'm already taking generic claritin. I know I'm allergic to cats, but I grew up with clowders of them, so I figured I would be okay with the meds. Maybe not. It's not anaphylactic allergic, just this thick, nasty mucus stuff. But if my sinuses are messed up from the allergy, and if my docs don't have an answer ... I know the saying is not to borrow trouble, but there's also sayings about being prepared.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

God news for a change, wife feeling better - problem had been insulin; hospital dr gave her "pens" to use which were horribly expensive ($800/month) and didn't work. Her sugar count stayed high. She finally got a simple vial w/ needles ($40/month) and the first time she used it the count went right down. She had wanted this in the first place but the dr's ignored her until now - which made her right and the dr's wrong! When will they start listening to patients? (Uh oh I'll quit now before I climb on my soapbox).

We're working on finding another doctor.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

Today's my 28th-birthday and tonight my plan is to drink one glass of wine and write my fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    Today's my 28th-birthday and tonight my plan is to drink one glass of wine and write my fantasy.

Happy Birthday!!
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.