So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 270

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by amsawtell View Post
    So, last night on the news a man with the same name (one letter difference) as my husband and a ten-year age difference was killed in our area. We're fielding texts, phone calls, and social media saying, "no, wrong person."
    I had the same thing happen to me, back when I was young and traveled all the time , normally two weeks at a time. I walked into the auto parts store to only be met by the ashen looks of the guy behind the counter. A Bob Brown and drowned in the lake fishing a few weeks ago and everyone assumed it was me. We about the same age and lived in the same county. He looked at me and said "I told everyone it was you." He said he was glad it wasn't, but felt bad about telling other customers it was I who had drowned.

It was a wake up call for me as I drove through town on my way home. Ilive in a small town where everyone pretty much knows everyone else. The town had not changed, everything went on as normal, The town as far as some residents were concerned... I was dead. In reality I realized I did not matter, people got by just fine without me. After that I made a point of making a difference in people's lives. I became more interested in them than myself, I got involved in local politics, the ministry and became active in a few social groups. I made a point making sure that someone else came first, that by giving them a hand when they needed it...that the day the hand disappeared that it would be missed. While it sounds really noble it is in fact selfish. I did come to realize that thinking of the other guy first does make a difference. I did find that that I can change things. The Bob Brown that died in the lake that day took a little piece of me with him, and for that I am thankful.

I've been questioning work for the past several months lately. The company I work for is starting to rock too many waves over petty things. I was recently sick, and calling out for the first time in the whole year was almost equivalent to pulling teeth. I only wanted two sick days and a PH. Overall, I'm doing well despite the sudden career shift with the company I've been with for almost three years. Today was decent. It snowed in the morning, melted by the time I got out. I hope everyone is doing well. You're missed.

Blog Entries
    I called my daughter (up in college) earlier. Just to tell her I was proud of her.
    Not for any spectacular academic achievement. Or for a specific accomplishment.

I told her that she just handles all the little B.S. life has thrown at her well. She doesn't let it drag her down.
    She has bad days, and cries sometimes. But nothing stops her from being a good daughter and a good friend.
    I just thought she should know.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    I've been questioning work for the past several months lately. The company I work for is starting to rock too many waves over petty things. I was recently sick, and calling out for the first time in the whole year was almost equivalent to pulling teeth. I only wanted two sick days and a PH. Overall, I'm doing well despite the sudden career shift with the company I've been with for almost three years. Today was decent. It snowed in the morning, melted by the time I got out. I hope everyone is doing well. You're missed.
    Wow

Glad to know you're still around. I hope to see more of you.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    Hello once again nice to see you back around you have also been missed.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Attachment 16308

Someone is glad I got done early today...8 hours instead of 12...

I know what a box is...I just don't know where it is. #Failingsofacontextreader

I know stupid isn't a recognized disease, but nevertheless I have a breakout every now and then - like the past two days. I knew that cold days were coming, so I was covering the outside faucets; well, on one I was trying to remove the water hose with a large monkey wrench. Instead of holding on the faucet (smart) I just used the wrench (stupid) and broke off the plastic pipe. Got a gusher. That's when my brain really took a vacation; I grabbed a pair of pliers and ran to the alley to turn off the water supply.

Of course, the box was full of dirt - so I ran back to the yard to get a shovel. Finally got to the turn-off but it wouldn't budge. I yelled for my wife to call the city while I ran around like an idiot. Finally got it turned.

I went up to our local hardware store (before checking to see if I had parts in my workshop). Small town, they did not have the parts I thought I needed, so I drove 40 miles to San Angelo. Since I didn't have the present of mind I wasn't sure what parts I needed so I bought stuff.

Back home I finally calmed down and found a cap that would fit. It was late afternoon so I tried it, gluing the plastic parts. After the requisite two hours I turned the water back on. Another gusher. We spent the night without water.

In the morning I felt my brain coming back and I realized I should have taken the broken pieces back to make sure I had the right parts. So off I went again, this time taking everything (I had to cut off the hose because it was frozen to the faucet).

Finally got it fixed, turned off the water and so far it's held. Good thing, it's supposed to be 21 deg in morning - sure enough, it was snowing when I woke up. What I get for acting before thinking.

That's me, a real super handy man (not!).
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Don't feel too badly, there's plenty of 'stupid' outbreaks with most of us. I've certainly been know to come down with it from time to time.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Midnight... That was a rough one.
    You know next time why don't you just send one of the servants to take care of it?��