So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 267

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Good stuff Julia. Some time last century, quite early in my recovery, a dear friend said to me something I've never forgotten. The simplicity astonished me. It was: "Drugs kill. Feelings don't."
    The journey need not be lonely though. Been there, done that. I'm only a message away.

I was taught that it is a sign of weakness to cry or acknowledge pain... so I turned pain into rage... and used drugs to deal with the anger...
    Phil, I appreciate your friendship and kindness, probably more than you know... Thank you..
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

I had a horrible dream last night...
    I was in the house, and it was getting dark. I knew I was in terrible danger from something outside, trying to get in, so I raced through rooms locking doors and windows, only to discover new rooms with more doors and windows that needed to be locked... I knew I was running out of time, and the danger was getting closer... well, finally I had all the doors and windows locked and that was when I discovered, to my terror, that I had not locked the danger OUT, but that I had locked the danger IN...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

I have a cold. >:[ That is all!

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    I have a cold. >:[ That is all!

Hope you feel better soon...
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

My daughter is working and going to school, she can't get away, so we went up to visit her. She especially loves her little brother (who is now taller than all of us).
    We had lunch at this little Russian dumpling house near the campus, then went grocery shopping. We got our girl the stuff to make lasagne, now my wife just has to remember to send the recipie.
    Before we left, we went back to her "cozy" apartment she shares with three other girls. We played a game of Uno. I tried to lose... kinda.
    My wife and daughter cried a littlle when we parted. She is such a good kid.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Buying a new iPad + Downloading the Microsoft Office Apps for your writing = "Welcome back, my creativity juices."

It's happened again, that thing that's hardly worth mentioning because it happens so often. Something has happened in my real life which could be (have been?) the inspiration for an incident already mentioned in my novel. Whatever the reality it's an interesting game to play, ticking off all the events and people in it as I find matching ones in my real life.

I was recently contacted by a chap named Dave about a message that I posted in another forum back in 2012, around the time that I was writing and revising my novel. He is interested in some old minicomputers that I wanted to get rid of then and still do. His company still use Honeywell DPS6 computers, similar to the ones that I have, and are always looking for spares. So Dave is a computer engineer who works on DPS6 machines and is interested in mine. In my novel (Ding! It's that phrase again.) Dave (the same name) is a motor engineer who's been working on a DB5 and takes an interest in the car that my protagonist is working on, an NSX. My protagonist thinks that Dave will take over the task from him. Okay, classic cars and motor engineers replace vintage computers and computer engineers but the scene is substantially the same. I don't know of a car called a DPS6 or even DPS, so DB5 and NSX are close enough, especially as just after in the story my protagonist expects to be told three letters which will explain his future and is disappointed when they are "NSX", not the ones he wanted to hear. I am not a real computer engineer myself but just an amateur, just as my protagonist doesn't see himself as a real engineer but just a motor mechanic. By the way, the real Dave's last name is Roberts, echoing my own first name.

I have no idea whether these constant coincidences mean anything, but what's important is that Dave's company is offering to buy the computers from me and send a van to collect them at my house from the other side of the country. (Okay, so Britain is a small country to some, but nevertheless, try driving across it, you residents of wide open spaces.) Yes, result! Four years waiting though. Perhaps I should have used ebay, but that wasn't mentioned in the novel.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

got myself in a new serious relationship over the weekend. trying to overcome my sexist paranoia.
    she actually has this same problem, but when a girl has this condition, it's not called "sexist paranoia",
    it's called "valid distrust of the doggish white christian male" or some such shit. but she gorgeous. lol.
    gonna have to take the risk again.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

Blog Entries
    I got confirmation that my copy of Final Fantasy xv has been shipped so crossing my fingers that it arrives tomorrow eeek... I'm so excited ��
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Apparently Rue and Zwi don't think dancing alone is allowed... Blasting Airborne Toxic Event, trying to get some cleaning done and we all end up in a heap. 140 lbs. of dog and a wet floor doesn't lend itself to traction. Yes, I had to remop the floor, but my idiot dogs made me laugh until I cried.

Attachment 16252

Attachment 16253